• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve smiled a bit blushing as she grabbed Max's hand again "That sounds like a plan" she said as her stomach growled. "Lets go" she said leading him towards the servers taking a sandwich from the tray and handing one to Max. "Might as well feed Sapphire" she thought calling out her Pokemon and setting a bowl of Pokemon food down. Sapphire smiled at her and dug in while Genevieve ate her sandwich not even realizing she was still holding Max's hand.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Wilson

Wilson scarfed down the food at a lightning-like pace. It just tasted sooo good, [I'll have to tell Maxwell that he must buy this stuff more often!] Wilson thought to himself. When he had finished it, the boy asked how it tasted, the Electrike next to Wilson seemed to have enjoyed his meal and had now fallen asleep.
"Swi, Swinub!"[Oh yes, it was very tasty. Thanks sooo much for the food, I really needed it.] Wilson replied.

"So you seem to say Swi and Swinub alot... so are you called Swinub?"
Wilson looked t the boy, "Swi, Swinub, Swi."[Yes, my biological speices as a pokemon is a Swinub, but my name is actually Wilson.]

"Well i am sorry if i get your name wrong, but i'm going to call you Swinub" the boy said.
"Swinub."[Fine.] Wilson said, the boy obviously didn't understand him. But not many people understood pokemon, so what did he have to expect?

"So any idea where your trainer went? Lead the way if you can".
Oh yes. Maxwell. In the heat of chowing down, Wilson had almost forgot that he was looking for his trainer. He laughed a little bit embarrassed and started to sniff in the air. Swinubs usually have a great sense of smell, and Wilson's was not the one of an amateur. So after a while Wilson caught Maxwell's smell, he could never mistake it, that essence of Hippowdos and sour-flavoured poffins always felt like heaven to Wilson's nose. He started to run, "Nub, nub!"[Okay I've got his scent!] he said.

Maxwell

"Good." Maxwell replied and started to blush a bit when Geneviève took his hand and led him to one of the servers. "Gee thanks." Maxwell said when she gave him the sandwich, FINALLY! He stared at the sandwich for a long time, but then he took a bite, and another one, and another one. Maxwell noticed that Geneviève hadn't let go of his hand, but he thought it was kinda nice so he didn't bother telling her. Besides, it would just ruin the mood.

Maxwell quietly opend a bag of Hippowdos and laid them on the ground in front of Quillie. He didn't have much else, but Quillie gladly dug in on the chips.
Then Maxwell heard a familiar cry, was that Wilson?! Maxwell looked in the direction from where the sound was coming and saw... Wilson! Maxwell rose up almost droppping his sandwich and screamed:
"Wilson, over here!"

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier

The others hadn't seemed to notice his arrival, that didn't bother him, after all he had happened to arrive the moment a young Eevee evolved, he thought of Maria, she had always dreamed of being a Glaceon, so he never let her evolve into Espeon or Umbreon with an everstone even though their bond was strong enough, however the only way he knew to evolve an Eevee into a Glaceon was taking it to the coldest and furthest reaches of Sinnoh. He had heard somewhere that if the areas cold enough and the pokemons holding a nevermelt ice that could also work, but he didn't know.

He decided he wouldn't stick around long, he didn't want to bother anyone and he was already exhausted, he took the pokeball from the nurse and slowly backed away, he'd seem them all again, probably by cooincedence, but if he didn't, he'd seek them out.

Xavier shfited through the crowd, a couple of people asked him what it was like to battle Cynthia, they were probably from the crowd that had watched. He gave them all the same answer.

"Find out for yourself, I can't decide on your experience for you." A couple had grumbled at him but another few had understood and took his advice, they had decided to challenge Cynthia, however he made sure to tell those people to wait till a later time as he was sure Cynthia was in no mood to battle.

He met so many people, in so little time, could Cynthia really have been right? Had every one of those meeting given birth to a new sensation or emotion? It was quite farfetched... but Xavier still thought it possible.

A hand grabbed his shoulder and Xavier stopped and turned to see a familiar face and smile. Xavier almost crushed the man with a massive hug, the kind he would give to a brother if he had ever had one.

"Eeeep! Xavier you'll crush me stop!" Burgh cried.

"Burgh you random leader! What in Arceus' name are you doing here?!" Xavier said, refusing to stop hugging/crushing the small man.

As prementioned, Burgh was like a brother, or even second Father, to Xavier, always looking out for him, and at one point saving him from becoming a bully and brute, he had gifted him his Growlithe, Blaze, as they both shared a feeling of hurt in relation to the same loss.

"I heard you were in Kanto so I decided to pay you a visit! How are you do...ing.... *gasp*" Burgh couldn't stand it any longer.

Xavier released him and pubbed the back of his head with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Haha, sorry 'bout that buddy." Xavier grinned.

"I'm great, I just battled the champion! Riley evolved! Oh and I'm making new friends! AND and and!......." Xavier was about to keep going but Burgh cut him off.

"Ok, Ok, tell me from the beginning..." He said.

Xavier told Burgh EVERYTHING that had happened since he got off the train.

"So basically.... Valories on a stage battling Lance, Selene is... somewhere, you said you didn't really know, Brian and Skye are at the medical stall with Mark who is for whatever reason depressed, you assume its something to do with Selene, as he mentioned her. Rileys evolved and your other pokemon have grown a few levels, and you've become more self-aware because of encounters with Brock and Cynthia?" Burgh summarised.

"Hmmmm... yup thats pretty much it." Xavier finished.

"Wow.... thats alot of stuff for only a few hours..." Burgh grinned.

"But I'm glad things are going well for you Xavier!" Burgh did an over-dramatic and happy thumbs up wth a massive grin. He always did wierd stuff like that.

"Haha... yeah..." Xavier said awkwardly.

"So.... are you going to introduce me to your friends? I think I'd like to meet Lance and Valorie first, I met Lance a long while ago, at a conference for pokemon league representitives at the Johto Indigo Plateau... I wonder if he remembers me! I'd better find out!" Burgh ran in the direction of the stage.

"Oh well I guess thats... wait... Burgh! Wait!" Xavier ran after his friend, Burgh had a habit of embarasing him.

Burgh ran up on stage and Xavier ran up after him but was getting stuck in the crowd.

"Lance! Lance it's me Burgh! From the Unova league! It's so good to see you again!" Burgh gave a wide open smile when he realised the two behind him were hugging..

Burgh shot straight around on one fought like a turnstill.

"Oh thats so sweet! A couple in the school!" Burgh examined the girl more closely, he recognised her from Xaviers description as Valorie.

"Oh you must be Valorie! Ooooo... Xavier was right you are kinda pretty!..." Burgh exclaimed.

Xavier almost died, he had never said that! Or did he?... No No he hadn't! This was Burgh delibrately trying to embaras him.

"Hang on..." Burgh recognised the other boy from Xaviers tale, Burgh really liked to let other people shine, so this boy, who had stolen Valories spotlight, disgusted him.

"Girrrrrl! You could do so much better than that, he reached down and brushed some of Valories hair to the side, a concentrated lookon his face.

"You just need to let your eyes shine through, you have very pretty eyes you know, you should focus on your strong points..." Burgh smiled.

"You know what? That guy ain't good enough for you! You should find somebody else... you know what else? I think that you should try it out with Xav..." Burgh was cut off by a tackle to the ground.

"BURGH!!!" Xavier cried as he launched himself at Burgh.

"Urk.... Burgh lay on the ground.

"Is this what you did to Blaze earlier?"

"Yes, yes it is... now come on!" Xavier dragged Burgh away by the ear.

He nodded at both the champion and Valorie in turn.

"Sorry about that... it won't happen again..." Xavier pulled Burgh through the crowds, while Burgh, a grown man, pouted as he was tugged along.

"Xaaaaaver!" Burgh mocked.

"What, What now?!" Xavier asked more than a little annoyed.

"That Valorie girl is quite pretty like you said!" Burgh exclaimed.

"I never said that." Xavier muttered.

"Oh of coooourse you didn't!" Burgh mocked.

"Shut up..." Xavier mutterd as he got more than a few strange looks, a he dragged a puting gym leader across the floor by his ear towards the medical booth. He walked right up to his friends and flopped his head down on the table. Hard.

The nurse was startled and once again almost dropped her equipment.

"Oh my.... now what?" She mumbled.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Sam could feel the awkwardness as he hugged Valorie. He felt embarrassed himself, and he had probably embarrassed Valorie as well, but he felt at ease, at least he had apologized. It was going to work out, they both would be able to battle Lance in the end, as they had wanted. As soon as Sam broke free from the hug, he heard a voice from behind.

"Oh thats so sweet! A couple in the school!" Sam quickly turned around, his cheeks turning deep red. "We're NOT a couple!" He yelled at him. He recognized him as Burgh from Unova, one of the gym leaders. He had never met him in person, and now that he had, he felt like quickly kicking him in his face.

"Oh you must be Valorie! Ooooo... Xavier was right you are kinda pretty!..." Sam rolled his eyes. Seriously? This guy was seriously pulling all that crap onstage right before they were about to battle with the Champion? The guy was nuts. And Xavier? They were both in the same dorm, but Sam had never talked to him. But now, he certainly was, he was quite pissed off by his gym leader friend coming on stage and stalling their battle even more.

"You just need to let your eyes shine through, you have very pretty eyes you know, you should focus on your strong points..." Burgh said, smiling Sam rolled his eyes again, saying, "Seriously? You're like 20 years older than her, you big pervert!" Sam said, really annoyed now.

"You know what? That guy ain't good enough for you! You should find somebody else... you know what else? I think that you should try it out with Xav..." Burgh continued.

"W-What did he just say?!" Sam thought obviously startled. First it was just pairing. Now, he was actually saying that Sam wasn't 'good' enough for Valorie?! This was now something else, his pride had just been attacked by that statement, and Sam wasn't the kind of guy who stood by quietly listening.

"Who the hell do you think you are?! Whatever is going on between us, has nothing to do with you!" Sam yelled at him. "... Wait, that didn't come out right." He realized, as he blushed again. He rubbed the back of his head, getting quite embarrassed now. What pissed him off even more was that the guy was trying to set up Valorie with Xavier. To Sam, it obviously looked like Xavier didn't have enough courage to ask her himself, so he had sent Burgh in his place, just to humiliate Sam in public and make Valorie like Xavier. Sam was about to speak up about that, before Burgh was tackled by a boy, yelling "BURGH!!!" This was probably Xavier, coming to save the day. How heroic, Sam thought, he was getting more and more madder by the minute. This had turned into a huge hassle just to get a battle. Sam was really frustrated now, but still chuckled a bit when Xavier pulled Burgh by his ears off the stage. While he was getting off, he grabbed Xavier's arm, and said, "Keep your bloody dog on a leash..."

Sam was obviously mad after everything that had happened. First, Valorie tackling him on stage, then trying to strangle him. Then, Sam hugging her, causing the stupid old gym leader to pair them, and then him getting humiliated on stage. All this, just for a stupid battle with the champion. Sam facepalmed, he felt too embarrassed to talk to Valorie after all this, so he kept quiet as he stood beside her, waiting for his turn to battle the Champion, Lance.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
(I like Mr. Mammoth's swinub I'm gonna have fun with him once I get to Saffron or at leastback to school if I'm too late.)

Isaac had recently checked the time on his Poke'tech realizing how late he really was Isaac remounted his bike and took off like the wind. He sped down the route practically standing on the peddles. He was hoping that if he wasn't too late the faculty would go easy on the punishment. Either way he was screwed, but the degree at which he'd be punished was still unclear.

Isaac reached the Saffron city outskirts in another thirty minutes or so. He rushed to the nearest Pokemon Center hoping to find out about the event the school was attending. Isaac pushed open the doors, ran in breathing heavily, and shouted:

"Anyone know where the Pokemon Trainer Academy field trip is!?" He yelled then walked over to the wall and leaned against it completely exhausted.

Pretty much everyone in the center was staring at him weird, but Isaac was too tired to tell. He felt like he'd been in the Tour de Sinnoh. After folding up his bike and putting it back in it's bag Isaac went up to the nurse and formally asked about the school's activities in town.

(also I'm doing mostly smaller posts because I don't want to accidently put in so much detail that overrides someone elses detail from previous posts that came before me.)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder

After Sam had given them space Valorie became awarethat someone was talking to her. She turned and there was Burgh! Being from Unova she knew who he was. She opened her mouth to say something but abruptly closed it as she found herself being the recipient of compliments to her appearance. She seemed a bit bashful. But hey, she worked to make sure she looked presentable for others. Your appearance meant a lot about hoe others viewed you! It took her by surprise when he reached out to brush some of her hair out of her vision. Without her Beanie it tended to float there. She had become flustered, partially because he though she was dating /Sam/ and partly because other people brushing hair out of her eyes was something she'd totally find romantic, if... y'know, he wasn't a bit too old for her. On some level she did appreciate the gesture though. Perhaps it was because she missed having her parents around. What /really/ got her blushing red in the cheeks though was one he blatantly recommended that she date Xavier. She just sort of turned her gaze to Xavier and held a curled hand in front of her mouth, as if fearing it would betray her. She couldn't help but consider it. Xavier was kind of cute, but she didn't really know him enough to date him. Xavier proceeded to flip out and drag Burgh away. Awkward! She supposed she doubted he even liked her that way. She wondered if anyone did. She still had no idea how Selene felt about things, and Mark quiet bluntly didn't seem to be interested. Or at least, that's how she interpretted his lack of trying to further their friendship. He couldn't honestly be expecting /her/ to make the first move, could he? That was the boy's job! Or at least, that's how she viewed it. Perhaps she had read too many romance novels and wanted to be swept off her feet by a hero.

"..."

It was then Valorie noticed Lance watching, amused. He proceeded to hold up a pokeball as if to remind her of their battle. Valorie realized they were about to start and just sort of tried to find the words to say. Did she tell him she was his biggest fan? That he had served as inspiration for her training? No. Her subconscious told yer to keep her mouth shut before she said something totally creepy. Valorie motioned for Dragonair to come and the large serpent pokemon obeyed, moving over to greet Valorie cheerily, seemingly unaware of any lingering pain she was experiencing. Valorie cleared her throat and directed Dragonair's attention to Lance, who dropped his pokeball, releasing a dragonair of his own.

The first thing that would be apparent was that Lance's was significantly smaller. That wasn't to say his was.abnormally small. Valorie's was just extraordinarily large. To put it into perspective, Lance's Dragonair was approximately 3/4 the size of Valorie's, if not slightly less. It really showed in their overall size though, as Valorie's was both longer /and/ wider, so to speak. Somebody had been feeding their dragon super mushrooms. Groan inducing references aside, Lance silently nodded his head at a hidden. Observation before speaking up. He seemed to have gotten over his mild annoyance at the earlier scene.

Lance: "Students first"

He had handed her first move. Valorie considered her options.

"...Dragonair, double team!"

A split image of Dragonair appeared, both of the two serpents splitting from Dragonair's original position to make sure one couldn't tell which was real. Lance, seeming quite sure of himself, ordered his dragonair to use agility. His dragonair focused his mental powers, heightening his speed. Valorie was holding her breath anxiously. Most of her moves wouldn't be very effective against a dragon pokemon. She got the feeling he was going to use that speed to try and dodge any physical attack she threw at him. Unless... She had to make this count.

"Dragonair, Extremespeed!"

Dragonair shifted for a moment, snaking towards Lance's dragonair, and it quickly accelerated to a speed the human eye couldn't even follow, appearing only as a vague blur in the air. As Valorie had suspected Lance's Dragonair tried to flee from the attack with it's newfound speed. The only problem? Dragonair was faster. Lance's dragonair's dodge completely failed and he was slammed into by Dragonair, emitting a cry and being knocked backwards several meters. An angry glare showed in Lance's dragonair's eyes as he regained his composure. Valorie's dragonair hit hard, harder than the pokemon was used to. A fun fact was that most dragons had a rather large sense of pride. Valorie's was unusually humble in comparison to the average dragon in that regard. Lance's..? Not so much. His Dragonair glowed with draconian fire, it's expression one of rage. Lance had ordered him to use outrage. Valorie's eyes widened. Things were about to get ugly. If that attack hit, whig it very well should as long as it missed the shadow clone Dragonair had created, it would do severe damage. Perhaps it would even K.O. Lance's dragonair flew at Valorie's, purple draconian flames soaring off his body.

...The attack hit. What nobody had seen coming however was that it impacted /before/ it hit Dragonair as if it had struck some invisible wall. Both Valorie and Lance seemed surprised by this. Lance's dragonair seemed to break through the wall and go on to strike Valorie's, but it lacked some of the force it had once had. Lance of course recognized the move immediately. He was simply surprised that Valorie's dragonair knew it. Valorie saw her chance.

"Combine extremespeed and dragon rush /now/."

Dragonair began to glow with a blue aura as Lance's came back for another go. Valorie's muscles were tense. At this rate they would collide. Extremespeed would both lend more power to ut also decrease the accuracy of dragon rush. Luckily, Lance's dragonair was in no state of mind to dodge. The two would collide in mid-air with incredible force, purple draconian wrath against blue draconian wrath. For a brief moment it wasn't clear who was winning. Then Lance's dragonair was sent flying back across the stage, startling a nearby Cynthia that was forced to duck before the serpent hit the ground with a thud. Lance's dragonair might've been using a more powerful attack, but Valorie's combo combined with her Dragonair's natural superior strength had caused her to come out on top. Meanwhile, Dragonair looked pretty beat up, but was still floating, staring her fallen opponent down as if expecting him to get up. Valorie could tell that Dragonair had used barrier to protect herself. It was probably the only reason she had been able to knock Lance's out, nevermind still be fighting fit afterwards. Valorie knew very well that when a Dratini or dragonair hit the ground it generally meant they were down for the count. She had... won. It took a moment for that to sink in. She had /won/! Sure she had been trying her hardest and Lance had gone out of his way to hold back, but she had /won/! Lance observed his fallen pokemon for a brief moment before returning him. He then proceeded over to Valorie. Valorie was vaguely aware of Selene battling Steven during this.

Lance: "I've gotta hand it to you"

He said as he stuck out his hand for a shake, whih Valorie quickly moved to take. She was somehow humbled by his presence. What could one say. She had a lot of respect for the guy.

Lance: "I was impressed. I don't know a lot of people who could pull a stunt like that."

Valorie beamed with pleasure over the compliment.

Lance: "You reminded me of my cousin somehow... keep that up and maybe one day we'll have a /real/ battle, no holding back. Anyway, you should come see me at school some time. I get the feeling you're very passionate about dragons."

Valorie just sort of stopped. Lance had a cousin? Could she have overlooked that while she was stalking researching him? Wait... HE WORKED AT THE ACADEMY?! Shock filled her. What could convince someone like Lance to become a teacher? She just sort of nodded in response, unable to form words. She then bowed her head a bit and uttered a nervous 'than you' before scurrying off, assumedly to enjoy the euphoria of the moment with someone. A nurse came to heal Lance's dragonair after she had left. He then proceeded to look around for the other boy that had wanted to battle...

charizardicon.png
Charizard ♀ Lv. 40 (Dragon Pulse, Crunch, Flamethrower, Belly Drum, Iron Tail, Counter)
148i.png
Dragonair ♀ Lv. 54 (Flamethrower, Barrier, Shock Wave, Safeguard, Extremespeed, Dragon Rush)
flygonicon.png
Flygon ♀ Lv. 48 (Crunch, Attract, Steel Wing, Facade, Dragon Claw, Roost)
frilish.png
Frillish ♀ Lv. 35 (Absorb, Scald, Night Shade, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Constrict)
fraxureicon.png
Fraxure ♀ Lv. 41 (Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Night Slash, Protect, Reversal, Counter)
swinubicon.png
Swinub ♂ Lv. 31 (Ancient Power, Body Slam, Amnesia, Ice Shard, Earthquake, Curse)

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Geneviève blushed still holding Max's hand as she finished eating when he stood up calling for Wilson. She stood not letting go of his hand and smiled "Found him" she giggled a bit before hugging Max blushing a bit more "Told you we would find him" she whispered as they hugged making Sapphire look up at them shaking her head before turning to where Wilson was coming from.

"You had your trainer worried!" Sapphire called out to Wilson before continuing to eat the Pokemon food finishing her lunch and stretching before looking up ready for a battle.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Wilson

"Wilson, over here!" Wilson recognized the voice coming towards him, it was Maxwell! He started to run faster, almost forgetting about the boy who had helped him earlier trailing behind him. Wilson ran up to Maxwell to see him and Geneviève... Hugging?! Wilson knew they liked eachother, but damn! That was fast! He heard Sapphire saying something about worrying Maxwell, Wilson laughed nervously.
"Swi, swi!"[Well actually, I tried to find you guys!] he said "Swi, nub, nub!"[But then I got really hungry, and this guy helped me. Hes really nice!] Wilson added. He looked aroud to see if the boy had followed him, and luckily, he saw the boy come out of the crowd to meet up with them.

Maxwell

Maxwell stood and called for Wilson, he was happy, finallly they had found him. But suddenly Geneviève giggled about something, and then she... Hugged him?! Maxwell was at first unsure what to do, but shortly after he decided to hug her back. The two trainers embraced eachother and Maxwell didn't even notice Wilson, his face was deep-red as he stood there hugging Geneviève. Suddenly a boy Maxwell hadn't seen before came up to them through the crowd. Maxwell let go of Geneviève with a slightly embarrassed look.

"Hi, my name is Maxwell," he said to the boy, "Thank you very much for helping Wilson here, I'm so grateful." he added.
"So, whats your name?" Maxwell streched his hand out to shake the boy's hand.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Geneviève blushed as Max hugged her back and looked really embarrassed when he let go but she still smiled looking at the boy who helped Wilson. "Thanks for finding his Pokemon I'm Geneviève" she said feeling a little shyer around a new person and was still embarrassed for hugging Maxwell suddenly like that. "I really like him but he probably doesn't feel the same" she thought

Sapphire smiled a bit and shook her head looking at Wilson. "I wish those two would just admit that they like each other it is so obvious to everyone but them" she laughed a bit "well anyways i think we might be battling soon. Geneviève suggested a battle after they ate"

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason

"Oh my Arceus, you are really fast for such a tiny thing" Jason commented on Swinub's rushing through the crowds.

Jason was sturggling to keep up with Swinub, and his breathe was solid prrof of that.

"Wilson, over here!" a boy shouted just as Swinub was getting out of sight. He was being hugged by a girl.

Jason looked up to see the Swinub stop at the boy's feet.

Jason emerged from the crowds before stopping behind Swinub.

He looked down at the ground panting heavily.

"I *gasp* really have to *gasp* start jogging in the *gasp* mornings" panted Jason.

Jason pulled himself together and looked up to a very red blushing boy, he raised an eyebrow but then saw the girl who was equally blushing red.

Jason gave a very faint smile 'Aha, so this could be some fun'.

"Hi, my name is Maxwell" greeted the boy in front of him.

"Thank you very much for helping Wilson here, I'm so grateful" Maxwell added.

'Oh so that Swinub, i think, is called Wilson' Jason thought to himself.

"So, whats your name?" Maxwell streched his hand out to shake Jason's.

Jason was not one to dismiss a handshake directly to him, nor really anyone would.

"Jason, Jason Monterio Basco" he shook Maxwell's hand and smiled back and looked to the girl next to him who was still red.

"Thanks for finding his Pokémon, i'm Geneviève" the girl manged to get some words out after she took her eyes of Maxwell.

"Pleasure to meet you, Missis of Maxwell" Jason bowed and smiled knowing that he may cause either an awkward moment or a dramatic scene.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Brogan
"Is that so..? Well, Alex, you've certainly pulled out the goods this time. As I pay you to, but still…yes, you do that. Of course. I'll be in touch."

Brogan rang off on her Xtransciver, looking out from the 34th floor boardroom down to the foyer, where all was generally quiet save for the hustle and bustle of workers rushing back and forth to ensure everything was ready for the coming dinner dance, as Mr Houghton-Taylor was due to halt the Expo and make the announcement any moment now…as she watched them scurry about like ants, knowing what she now knew, she felt that calm, strong sense of determined purpose fill her and fortify her mind, making the rest of the evening very clear to her.

Who knew that young Brian was hiding such a…tragic secret from everybody. Had Brogan had any heartstrings, they would have been well and truly pulled by the story that Alex had uncovered about her classmate...luckily, though, Brogan had no such sentiment, she thought as she took the elevator back down to the ground floor, walking through to the Conference Centre. Staff actively /bowed/ to her as she passed. Who knew that a 16 year old girl could hold so much power in her Father's corporation…probably because they all knew that she would be their boss one day, and she wouldn't be anywhere near as tolerant or as lenient a boss as Mr Houghton-Taylor…

As soon as she entered the Conference Centre, Brogan spotted a familiar massive white hat through the crowd…how convenient for her. Making her way through the mass of students, Brogan came face to face with a green-egg wielding Mackenzie.

"Hello…enjoying yourself?" she asked in an amused tone, seeing that Mackenzie looked…well, as close to bored as she would express. Brogan assumed that Mackenzie was too 'cool' to be bored…but then that could also mean that she was easily bored…was boredom a cool emotion? Brogan smiled slightly at her inner monologue – this is why she 'liked' Mackenzie – or at least considered her an acquaintance – she was different to the great unwashed around them.

Selene
Smiling, Sel watched from beside the battlefield as Lance and Valorie crossed some post-battle pleasantries…Valorie looked to be feeling a combination of awe, fear and breathless excitement as she shook her idol's hand. Selene was delighted for her – not only had she met Lance, but she had defeated him in battle too…that had to equate to a successful day for her, despite…well, despite the rest of it. As Valorie left the battlefield, Sel took a deep breath – well, surely /now/ it was now or never…she knew that she had to sort things with Valorie once and for all, if only to make sure that Mark didn't get there first and continue his little poisonous scheme…

The thought made her frown slightly, and head straight over to Valorie without even thinking about it.

Stopping in front of her friend, she came back to herself and felt suddenly…shy? Nervous? Something that wasn't particularly pleasant anyway…

"Valorie. You were…that battle was fantastic…I mean I didn't see much of it…battling Steven myself and all…but it was just…Lance seemed really impressed…uhh…" she coughed and scowled…tripping over her own words? Not cool.

"I think…I think we need to talk."

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian frowned when Mark told him to stay out of it. But, they were both his friends! So what if the fight wasn't about him. He had figured that anyways.

"..."

Brian was deep in thought. He was sure he could help. He wanted to help. But what if he just made things worse? No, he wouldn't do that. Though, he might make Mark mad at him for not listening. What could he do? He didn't know what to do. Anyways, it made no sense for Selene to be mad, considering that she had pushed Mark and Val together in the first place. Still... He wasn't sure what to do.

"I... I guess I'll have to stay out of it," Bri lied quickly. He didn't know it, but he had a terrible poker face. Anyone that knew him even remotely would be able to tell. He tried to think what to say next to keep himself from giving himself away. Fortunately, Xavier showed up with Burgh and made quite a scene. Time for an abrupt subject change, something Bri was very good at.

"Xavier! What's wrong!? You look a mess!" Bri said. He looked at Burgh again and smiled. He, being originally from Unova, recognised Burgh immediately. But, he didn't know the gym leader personally.

"Hi there! I'm Brian! It's nice to meet you!" Bri said to him. Thyme and Drizzle looked at him and shook their heads. Thyme then refocused oon Snype and put her arm around him.

"Don't worry Snype. I'm sure you'll get strong enough. Heh, look at me. I'm way tougher than I was yesterday, thanks to you. You and Mark will get stronger, trust me," Thyme said. Drizzle frowned and kicked his brain into overdrive. How could he get Thyme to focus on him without looking like a jerk? In short... He couldn't. Looks like this one goes to Snype. And besides, Snype was already sad enough. He needed to cheer up!He stood up and looked at Snype.

"Hey, I know you're tough! I bet you'll be one of the toughest pokemon in the Academy!" Drizzle said happily. He had made up his mind to try and chill out a little bit. Right now, he could score more points with Thyme by backing her up than trying to distract her from Snype. Nova growled and looked at them.

"Behind me. I'm going to be the strongest ever," Nova growled. He stood up and shook his fur out. He looked around. He was bored. He wanted to go train and get stronger. He needed to. He had to get stronger. He had always been one step behind everyone else when it came to power, and that burned him up inside. He already had a plan too. He was deeply ashamed of how he hadn't been able to knock anyone out yet. Bri needed someone tough. He was going to get tough, and that was all there was to it.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark noticed the whole scene that Xavier and Burgh were making. He didn't know any of them at all but it seemed pretty awkward in general. He didn't realize there was so much competition for Valorie. Mark laughed faintly. Mark was also very focused on Valorie's battle with Lance. If anything, Mark really did believe she would win. That just made him admire her more then he already did. To think he was going to actually ask her out today... with the whole scene with Selene though he wasn't so sure about interfering... Mark turned to both of them.

"Hey." Mark said simply. He let out a sigh after that and looked at Bri again.

"Hey comon Bri I don't mean anything bad by it. I just think this should be handled between the two of us... maybe... maybe I should talk to Val...or both Val and Sel. I dunno... maybe I do need help with this." Mark said.

Snype

Snype chuckled a bit. All this talk about getting more powerful... that wasn't all there was.

"I've told this to Thyme already, but you shouldn't focus solely on power Nova. You need a good technique and strategy to back it up. I admit, I'm a pretty frail Pokemon when it comes to battling but if I play my cards right, battling becomes a cinch. I just want to learn how to do that better. Maybe a move tutor can really teach me and the other Pokemon some good moves... give us a few days and in no time, We'll almost be unbeatable!" Snype said.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
"Ah, excellent, very excellent indeed." Jonah stood in the shadows as he watched the substitute teachers have at it with some of the students. To his surprise, the girl looked every bit as passionate about dragons as the legendary Tamer of Blackthorn himself. At least, that's what he jokingly called him in the break room...it was a darn good thing Clair was so focused on surpassing him that she didn't come here.

He took a sip of coffee and looked around. He was here on personal business, but the coincidence of there being a field trip to his neck of the woods was rather interesting. It was one of those things that hinted at the influence of something more than mortal in the affairs of both humans and Pokemon alike. The feeling of being so close to divinity...so many Trainers spent their whole lives chasing after that sensation, none of which had the common sense to look inside and view the full splendor of the world around them...but there was one boy with an Eevee that caught his eye.

"Hey, kid, nice fight. Didn't really expect you to do that well, but on the other hand, that is Cynthia we're talking about. I see Burgh is as, er, friendly as ever, but I suppose you can't be successful without being at least a little bit eccentric, yeah?" In not-so-polite terms, this guy was throwing himself at women to a degree not seen since Brock. What a piece of work...though he could appreciate the rock-solid Pewter City leader's passion for the art and science of breeding.

"Speaking of being friendly, that Eevee of yours seems to really like you. Why don't you let it evolve?"

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

MacKenzie Quigg

MacKenzie was relaxing in a vague un-noteworthy area of the crowd, casually watching young students take their chances at a sort of practice battle with the champions. She honestly had no desire to go out there, as she had more than enough battling for one day. At least she had managed to score a new pokemon. She found herself slightly surprised that Valorie was even a competent battler. Then again, she was Suicune. She had somehow expected her to lack a spine even in battle though All of a sudden she became aware of a familiar voice and turned her head, looking up. Her purple contacts looking out from behind glasses. How completely redundant. The question of what doctor allowed her to ruin her vision with unnecessary contacts and then fix it with glasses on top of them was still a mystery.

"Yeah..."

The '/but/' was implied in her tone.

"I don't see what the big deal is with all the battling~"

It was nothing short of common knowledge that pokemon battling was the most popular sport in the world, and considered one of the best ways to train a pokemon. The art was practically ancient. Yet, of course, why would MacKenzie ever be into something so popular?

Valorie Ryder

As Valorie walked away she took the moment to bask in her accomplishment. She honestly hadn't felt like she could've done it. Sure, even a great battler like lance wasn't a big deal if they weren't. Trying their hardest, but the symbolic significance of what she had done was just incredible! Regardless, she soon found herself face to face with a familiar shirt. She looked up to spot Selene. She could tell Selene was nervous about something, though she appreciated her comments about Valorie's battle with Lance. She couldn't help but be concerned about what /wasn't/ said. She made an effort to smile at Selene despite this. Then Selene jumped to the chase, telling her that they needed to talk. Oh. That was what this was about. She nodes slowly in response.

"Alright..."

Valorie looked around briefly as if to make sure they weren't being listened in on befor continuing.

"Here..?"

She was concerned, asking if they were going to talk /right here right now/. It still hadn't occurred to her that there were private places to slip into. Though, she seemed willing to talk on Selene's terms, whatever they were. She was trying to be flexible for hee friend, still unsure exactly how upset or willing to tolerate anymore inconveniences Selene was. At the end of the day she just wanted to be in good standing with her again. She fidgeted with her hand a bit, very tempted to reach out and offer her hand to hold, but realized it.was probably not the appropriate time for such a thing, even if it would've helped her feel better. What would Selene have to say? How did she feel? Would she be able to end this on a happy note? Anxiety started eating at her hut she found herself able to put up with it, at least for the moment.

Nideous

Years
Nova gave Snype a flat look. He chuckled a bit despite himself.

"Um... Duh! That's also a part of strength. It doesn't matter how tough you are if your mind isn't strong," Nova growled. That gave Thyme pause for thought. She knew she had several strategies to use in her battles. Like Leech Seed, as it would help keep her going.She shook her head. Why did she care? It's not like she would be doing much battling anyways. She would rather find a comfy spot and relax with Snype. Like she was doing now, even though Drizzle was being a pest and not leaving. She turned her attention back to Brian and Mark when Brian began to speak up.

"Yeah, you probably should tell Val... Hm... Well... I can talk to Sel, maybe she would listen to me a little bit. More than she would you right now. She's really mad, but like I said, once she cools off a bit, then it will be easier to work things out... I hope. I don't know for sure," Bri said. He didn't get any of what was going on, other than that Sel seemed to believe that Mark was trying to take Valorie away from her. Why she would think that, Bri had no idea. He didn't get how older people thought. This was all very confusing. But he did know that they would all be laughing about this when everything worked out. If it did. On the whole, he thought teenagers were weird.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Sam was still blushing a bit after Burgh was gone, but he looked at the battle closely. Valorie was actually battling very well, he was impressed that she was able to battle so well after the whole incident earlier. He gasped when he saw she won, but he knew Lance wasn't battling at his best. Who knew, she probably might have strangled him too, being the kind of fangirl she was.

She walked off the stage and a nurse healed Lance's Pokemon. He then looked around for his next opponent, and Sam confidently stepped up. "Finally, my turn," he thought. He stepped up to him, and his Dragonair got up to it's full height. Sam was awe-struck by the Pokemon, but he had to concentrate on the battle rather than be impressed by his Pokemon.

He had decided his Pokemon, and tossed a Pokeball up into the air. Immediately, Nick popped out of the pokeball in a flash. He wasn't one of his most powerful Pokemon yet... but he had to do, for now. This was definitely a David vs. Goliath battle here, Nick was seriously weaker than Dragonair, but he would have to cope up.

Lance was as calm as usual, as he said, "Students first." Sam grinned, and immediately started the battle he had waited for so long, by yelling, "Nick, use Quick Attack then Iron Tail!" Nick immediately rushed forward, and slammed down on Dragonair's head with his silver glowing tail. Lance just smiled, and Nick retreated back. Sam realized that the attack had done almost no damage to the Dragon Pokemon.

"Uh oh... this is bad..." Sam muttered to himself, but he wasn't panicking yet. There was a long way to go...

"Nick, Leaf Storm!" Sam yelled. He was trying to attempt all possibilities, trying to look for a breakthrough. The Dragonair was immediately enveloped with a bunch of leaves summoned by the little Treecko, but that wasn't enough. The Dragonair easily dodged, and tackled Nick, causing him to fly and get smacked into the wall.

"Nick! Get up!" Sam yelled, getting desperate now. One tackled had almost knocked Nick out, he stood no chance in this battle. But, he couldn't give up so soon... not like this. Nick eventually got up, with a lot of difficulty, but managed to get back on his legs. Sam smiled, happy to be in the fight.

"Nick... Quick Attack again!" Sam yelled, and Nick charged forward at a lighting fast speed. Dragonair simply knocked him away with a blow of its tail. Nick landed quite some distance away, still down.

"NO! NICK!" Sam yelled, he was definitely panicking now. Nick didn't seem to move. Sam had given up now, and closed his eyes in defeat, when he suddenly heard a loud cry.

"TREE- CKO!" Sam's eyes opened immediately, and he saw Nick, back on his feet, looking really mad. He was then covered in a lot of bright light, and Sam could see his shape change slowly, and as soon as the light was gone, what stood in place of Nick the Treecko was... Nick the Grovyle. He had evolved.

Sam grinned. "Aw-right!" He was still in the battle, and Nick's evolution had given him a boost. "Nick, Quick attack! Get on Dragonair's head!" Sam yelled, and Nick charged forward. Again Dragonair tried to swat him away with it's tail, but Nick was much more quicker this time. He jumped up, and hung on Dragonair's head, waiting for Sam's next command.

"Now! Combine Absorb and Focus Punch!" Sam yelled, and Nick immediately planted his feet deeper into the Dragonair's head as the huge Pokemon tried to get him away. Nick somehow held on tightly, absorbing the Dragon's energy. He focused all his power into one powerful punch, and with all his might hit the Dragonair on his head. The Dragonair roared loudly, then shook his head violently, throwing Nick away. Nick landed gracefully on his feet, still ready for more. Lance seemed ready to end this now, and ordered Dragonair to use Outrage.

The huge Pokemon started to attack Nick with his purple flames, at first Nick was able to dodge easily, but then he couldn't later on, and eventually started to get hit. Sam pretty much knew it was over right now, and his doubt was confirmed when Dragonair finally backed off, and Nick fell onto the ground, not moving. Sam grinned, he was still happy that Nick had been able to hold his own against such a powerful Pokemon. A nurse came over and healed Nick, and Sam called him back in his pokeball. He walked over to Lance, and shook hands with him.

"Nice Grovyle you have there, Sam." The Champion said. Sam nodded happily, and walked down the stage. He tracked down Valorie, and walked over to her, just to talk.

"Hey, Valorie, nice battle back there." Sam said, with a grin. He then blushed a bit, as he said, "Um.. sorry bout what happened back there, and um... I wanted to apologize, maybe we can, uh.... hang out sometime?" He said, realizing that he was just asking her out... too soon. But it was too late, he had already asked her... nothing he could do but wait for her reply. He then noticed the girl along with her, the girl from before, who had walked up on stage.

"Oh hey, look who we have here. It's little miss attitude!" Sam jeered at her.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Brogan
"Oh no, me neither...I mean, if I'm being completely honest I don't get the point of Pokemon /training/ in general...they're pets, accessories...it makes no sense to me, but whatever," she sighed lightly, flicking her hair back over her shoulder as she spoke and folding her arms. Some kid bumped into her, and before he could even begin to glare at her, she had fixed him with a look so stern that he mumbled his apologies and averted his eyes, scurrying off as fast as his feet would take him. That's right kid, thought Brogan with a scoff, run along...

"Anyway. The showcase battles are over...Father will be announcing the Dinner Dance anytime soon..." her eyes passed over MacKenzie slowly and she arched a perfectly threaded eyebrow slightly. "Father has brought in outfits from Gucci, Jenni Packham, Dolce, Chanel...but...well, I think that for you we will need to look into...serious customisation," she smiled slightly as her eyes took in the large black hat...the violet eyes...the shoes...the whole outfit, just in general. "But not to worry, our seamstresses will be able to work that out perfectly for you..."

Selene
There really was no going back now that the words had escaped from Selene's mouth...and Valorie had responded to them in a not-so-enthusiastic manner...maybe she didn't really want to talk things through?? The way she looked around...it was almost as though she were looking around for someone to run to to escape from this whole situation...

No! Sel wouldn't let Mark's plan work...she just knew that once she and Valorie had sorted things out it would be fine...Valorie asked if they were going to be talking right there, and Selene couldn't help but laugh slightly, instantly biting her lip and shaking her head. She imagined the whole conversation playing out there...where way too many ears were way too interested in business that didn't concern them. That would prove to be somewhat awkward...

"No. Not here...umm..." she looked around with a frown, realising that she didn't know where any private places were here. Chances were that all the important places - that would be quiet - were closed off to the students...for a moment she wished that she knew Brogan well enough to ask if she would take Sel and Valorie somewhere they could talk...but she would rather ask a hungry Frillish for help than Brogan...her eyes followed Lance as he left, and she had an idea - it was risky...but it was all she had right now.

"Behind the stage?" she suggested, her eyes shifting as the boy from earlier interrupted them...and, unless her ears had failed her, asked Valorie to hang out? Wow, this boy was either completely stupid and obtuse or he was purposefully being antagonistic. Either way, Sel wasn't impressed...especially when he addressed her in that tone.

"Yeah...because I'm quite clearly the one with the attitude..." said Selene with an arched brow, completely calm despite Sam's jeering. Like he could wind her up given everything that had happened that day...Sel said nothing, waiting for Valorie to respond to him before they went off to talk.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier and Burgh

In response to Brians question, Xavier simply pointed at Burgh, he was upset, he didn't know why but he just was, after all he was just publicly humiliated and any kind of respect he had earned for battling Cynthia was pretty much null and void.

"Oh Xavier, don't overreact, it's fine, nothing to worry abou..." Burgh was cut off by Xaviers harsh tone.

"Shut up Burgh, you don't understand what you just did to me there... you need to think more about what you do before you do it... I think you should leave Burgh, I think you should leave right now and visit me some other time." Xavier muttered.

"But Xavi..."

"Just go Burgh, we can talk later Ok?!" Xavier stood up and faced Burgh.

Were his eyes watering? It made sense in a way, Xavier wasn't good with social standing as it was so being publicly humiliated pushed all of his buttons.

"Not only did you humiliate me but you made up things I said so just..."

"I did no such thing!" Burgh cried, it was his turn to interupt.

"I said to that girl exactly what you told me! Just because you're still emotionally weak from your mothers death doesn't mean that you can..." Burgh stopped when he realised what he had said.

"Burgh... I didn't think that you of all people would say that to me..." Xavier muttered, a boy approached Xavier, he seemed to be asking about Maria but it was like the boy was in a totally different world.

"Xavier I...." Burgh began.

"Go Burgh..." Xavier said.

"Xavier I didn't mean to..."

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Xavier screamed in Burghs face and the leaders face turned to one of pure guilt as he walked away.

A few people turned and stared at Xavier, they seemed confused, some even looked annoyed.

"Unless you have something to say I suggest you turn away.... NOW!" Xavier shouted.

One by one the crowd began to turn their heads away from Xavier. Xavier fell to his knees.

Xavier

How was it possible that Burgh would say that, he was the only person who understood what he was going through.

It wasn't fair. Xavier felt tears drip down his face.

Poor Xavier, he never got the good and always got the bad, it just didn't seem fair... It wasn't fair however despite his misinterpretations, Burgh had told the truth. Xavier was emotionaly unstable, unable to hold back things like anger and sadness back. His mothers death was the cause but Burgh shouldn't have mentioned it. Xavier had in fact said Valorie was pretty, he couldn't say he had "feelings" for her, he barely knew her. He just thought she had a pretty face, that was all. He hadn't even noticed he'd said it, it had just slipped out. Xavier now realised this and felt anger aswell, that boy... he had called Burgh a dog, what a horrible person, only caring for himself like that, Xavier knew his type, he used to be the same kind.

Xavier didn't know what to do at that point, he obviously had to stand up and that he did, but then he felt completely lost, he had nobody to talk to anymore, he'd thought he had Burgh but... No the only person who ever really understood him was his mother but she was long gone now. Xavier felt so alone at that point, he was afraid and looked at everyone around him, he felt so small, he's never liked crowds to begin with, but now he felt almost afraid of them. It was like he was shrinking down and nobody could save him. Nobody "would" save him, he felt so alone. So alone.

Xavier was flowing tears freely then, he had come so close, so close to saving her, so close to making friends, so close to being able to depend on Burgh, but close didn't cut it. He didn't think any of that was possible anymore, even though the latter two still were. His mind was convinced nobody could help him and he put his hands on his head in confusion. What was he going to do?! What could he do?! Nothing if he was alone, he needed to not be alone to solve the problem of being alone. He needed the solution to reach the solution?! He didn't understand.

"Deary are you all right?" The nurse had reached out for his arm.

Xavier smacked it away like it was a Darkrais talon.

"S... Stay away from me!" Xavier stepped back from the people at the nurses desk, he didn't recognise them, not the nurse, not the kid who had asked him the question about Maria, not even Brian who he thought could really have been a good friend.

Xaviers mind was reaching the point of no return. He felt so afraid and alone, it was like the day his mother had died, he truly felt there was nobody there for him.

"I... I have to go! I have to leave here!" Xavier turned and ran through the crowd, he pushed past people, knocking some over, shoving some into others. Some people got angry and shouted, Xavier ran past the battlefields, he ran past the stage where Lance stood, he almost tripped into Valorie and Selene and instead simply shoved past without a second thought.

He was stopped by an arm grapping his own.

"Its Ok Xavier, you need to stop this..." It was Brock, behind him Burgh stood with a worried expression on his face.

"N...No... NO!" Xavier broke free and turned but his path was blocked by a woman. Cynthia stopped him.

"It's alright Xavier... stop worrying, you're not alone here..." Xavier turned and ran but Burgh grabbed him and pulled him back to him.

Xavier struggled to break free and Burgh had to cover his mouth so he didn't attract too much attention from screaming.

Eventually Xavier just broke down into tears.

"It's alright Xavier..." Burgh said.

"I'm sorry my friend, it'll be Ok I promise..." Burgh tried to reconsile with Xavier and it seemed to be working, Xavier began to flop down and Brock took him on his shoulder.

Xavier kept sobbing lightly as Brock attempted to take him to a doctor.

Nideous

Years
Bri watched Zavier's little shouting match with an astonished look on his face. When Xavier ran off, he was still just as surprised. He turned to Mark, who still hadn't said anything since Xavier's outburst. Mark had calmed down a lot, and Xavier looked like he could use a friend.

"Um... I'll be right back. Do you think you could look after Thyme for me?" Bri asked. Thyme glared at him as Drizzle laughed. He took that chance to pull her into a playful hug. She shoved him off of her and stood up.

"Look after me? Does it look like I need looking after?" Thyme said angrily. She glared at Brian. It was clear she expected an answer. Bri closed his eyes and thought a moment. This was probably going to sting a little bit.

"Yes Thyme. You do. Everytime I leave yoou unattended you get into trouble. So... Yes, you do need looking after," Bri said solemnly. Thyme's gaze softened a little bit. She looked like she had been slapped in the face. She hadn't known that her actions had that much of an impact on Bri...

"Oh... I... I'll stay here then," Thyme said softly. She sat back down. Nova got to his feet and began sniffing the air. He soon found Xavier's scent, and began to walk in that direction. Bri turned and began walking, but he stopped.

"Thyme, Drizzle, don't get into any trouble while I'm gone, ok?" Bri asked. Drizzle gave him a cheerful grin and Thyme nodded slowly. With that out of the way, Bri walked off again until he was out of sight. He follwed Nova, making his way through the students. One good thing about being on crutches was that people tended to clear a path for him. He would catch up to Xavier in no time.

Thyme and Drizzle

Thyme sat and watched Brian go with an odd look on her face. She was still shocked that he thought she needed someone to look after her.

"Humph! I know I can take care of myself! I don't need a babysitter!" she said with a huff after he had gotten out of earshot. Drizzle looked at her.

"Thyme, it's not that he doesn't think you can take care of yourself. He just doesn't want you starting anymore fights while he's not here!" Drizzle said quietly, trying to cheer her up. Not surprisingly, that only made her feel worse.

Back