Hey there, how are you all?
With this plugin that I'm sharing with you, your Bag Screen will now have space for your party too. You can interact with them, give, use, move and take items. Just like the newer Pokémon games do!
Bag Screen with interactable Party
By pressing the Special button (which by default is D), you can access your party and check each Pokémon's summary and, if it's holding an item, you can take it or move to another Pokémon;
The "Items" and "TMs & HMs" pockets will now show if any Pokémon on your party can use a specific item or can learn a specific move by TM/HM/TR. When not on these pockets, it will show the Pokémon's HP;
When using an item, you'll be using the party on the left side instead of having to open the Party Screen;
This plugin comes with a Settings script for you to choose which background version suits more your game style;
The Bag Screen obviously works in any context, in battles, choosing and using any items.
4. Run the game on Debug Mode (while holding Ctrl) to compile the script into your game;
5. Have fun.
Extra: I recommend you to use TechSkylander1518's SwSh Item Icon pack if you are aiming for a Gen 8 style.
If you have any suggestions or get any error using the script, please contact me here or on Discord, DiegoWT#3452.
That's all, don't forget to credit me (DiegoWT).
Do not redistribute this resource anywhere
- Fixed a visual error while fusing two Pokémon;
- Fixed one script function, if you are using the first version, then you'll need to do one specific thing from the installation tutorial to use the new version;
- The plugin now supports Gen 8 Project and ZUD Plugin.
Where can I find the script to edit? There is no in the download file
Just go to Plugins/Bag Screen with interactable Party/Script.rb and you'll find the script.
Maybe you might need a program for opening the script file, but Notepad might be enough. Anyway, since you're going to modify the script for an older Essentials version, you should paste it on your script lists.
- Fixed a bug where using a Poké Ball during a double battle would make the Party panels show up above the Battle scene;
- Fixed a bug where the bag doesn't update the Party positions while in battle, even though they're changed;
- It was needed to replace the second step in the installation tutorial for fixing the first bug.
- Added two background styles to choose from the Settings, also reworked some specific layout things (I've left two images that I don't use anymore with "_old" in the name for user customization purposes);
- Altered the "NOT ABLE" text to "UNABLE";
- Made the Able/NotAble status on the Items pocket only show on evolution items;
- Altered the TM/HM/TR item interaction text to be more similar to the original games;
- Removed unnecessary codes;
- Fixed a bug where the scrolling sound effect would play even though the bag is empty or if you had already reached the top or bottom of the item list.
- Fully updated the script to work with Essentials v20, and abandoned support to older versions;
- Updated the credits;
- Now when the party is being selected, the item list cursor will change;
- The interface was slightly changed.
New Update (more like of a hotfix)!
- Fixed a crash that happens when opening the bag while the background color setting is based on the HGSS style.
If you already downloaded the previous version and don't want to download the hotfix version, then just follow this instruction: Change the line 544 in Script.rb (from my Plugin's folder) to