• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Can't find a 6th Team Member

Years
  • So I'm stumped here. I have 5 mons in my team and can't think of what else to add to it in my soulsilver run. Some suggestions would be nice. I don't want the Mareep line as I am tired of using it, just a heads up.
    Here is my Lineup:
    -Noctowl
    -Quagsire
    -Scyther
    -Girafarig
    -Typhlosion

Years
    • Seen today
    Since you don't want to use the Mareep line, the Magnemite line could be a solid alternative. You can catch a Magnemite on Route 38 or 39.

Years
  • Espeon/Umbreon could be a solid choice.

I have coverage since Scyther learns night slash and x-scissor I don't see a point to a dark type. Espeon would be good if I didn't have a psychic type already. Good suggestions though.

Ghost-type. You need a Ghost-type.

Noctowl knows shadowball. My figuring is against ghost types she is not affected by them but can mess them up in turn. She also has amazing SpD.

Since you don't want to use the Mareep line, the Magnemite line could be a solid alternative. You can catch a Magnemite on Route 38 or 39.
    Is magnezone available in gen 4?

An eeveelution of your choice would be a solid choice.
    The consensus would agree with you it seems lol.

I was wondering about Nidoqueen. You guys think she's decent? I like her design better than Nidoking because I like green and blue colors the best :P

Years
    • Seen today
    Is magnezone available in gen 4?
    Magnezone is available in Gen 4, but not in HG/SS. So you'd have to do with Magneton.

I was wondering about Nidoqueen. You guys think she's decent? I like her design better than Nidoking because I like green and blue colors the best :P
    I like Nidoking more myself, but Nidoqueen is also a good choice.

Years
  • See because I have some hard hitters like Typhlosion and Scyther I was thinking I might need a tanky pokemon that can hold their own anyways. I replaced Girafarig with Meditite to add more type diversity. I figure it will be able to hit pretty hard with Zen Headbutt and Hi Jump Kick. It's other moves are Mind Reader and Meditate atm.

Years
  • Medicham's Pure Power makes it a decent choice anyway, so you're definitely not wrong there. Personally speaking, I find Girafarig just about useless and it doesn't really add anything to a team.

I kind of wanted to use it just because it is never used by anyone lol. It's good for fighting Team Rocket but other than that.....nah

Years
  • Tbh if you didn't have a Noctowl on your team I'd heavily suggest Skarmory, as well. There's hardly a Pokemon in-game that come close to being as defensive as Skarmory and it can still hit rather decently.

I would have if Skarmory wasn't caught so darn late in the game.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Nidoqueen isn't a bad choice as its a very solid Pokemon on any team. My only reservation is that it doesn't really add anything unique to the team, other than bulk as the types it is super-effective against, you already have coverage against like Typhlosion and Quag. So if you're going for good type coverage, Magneton is a good choice, or magnezone if you wanna transfer it over from DPPt.

But if you're going more for a team that you just like, regardless of typing/coverage, then nidoqueen is a great choice.

Years
    • Seen today
    Oh I got it from my platinum version and transferred it over. :P

But I only have 2 Gym badges in platinum atm.
    In that case, you could catch a Magnemite in Soul Silver, evolve it into Magneton, then transfer it to Platinum, take it to Mt. Coronet, level it up there so that it evolves into Magnezone, and then transfer it back to Soul Silver.

Back