• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are prices high at the moment?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 7, 2021
    The last week or so I've been looking at finishing a few childhood collections and starting some newer ones. I started watching a few YouTubers and I've heard a few say that prices are going up at the moment because of the influx of people starting to collect because of the lockdown (like me). How much is that the case? How much do you think prices have gone up recently and do you think it will last?

I'd like to get a few older rarer cards and packs, if I'm looking to save money is it worth waiting to see if the demand drops a little? I would love to get some Jungle and fossil packs in particular.

Years
  • The last week or so I've been looking at finishing a few childhood collections and starting some newer ones. I started watching a few YouTubers and I've heard a few say that prices are going up at the moment because of the influx of people starting to collect because of the lockdown (like me). How much is that the case? How much do you think prices have gone up recently and do you think it will last?

I'd like to get a few older rarer cards and packs, if I'm looking to save money is it worth waiting to see if the demand drops a little? I would love to get some Jungle and fossil packs in particular.

That may be a more localized UK thing. But with the older cards being scarcer in supply, it will probably hold close to the hikes for a while.

Selenagobella

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2020
    Wonderful post. This post is one of the best posts according to my point of view. Your work is so good and impressive. Thanks for it

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I would wait a bit before dipping into vintage stuff, it seems like people staying indoors from the pandemic has fueled interest and demand in hobbies like these

Back