• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Happy 35th Birthday, Mario!

pkmin3033

35 years ago today, Super Mario Bros. launched on the Super Famicom in Japan! Fast-forward to present day and Mario is the best-selling video game franchise of all time by a long way (with just the Super Mario Bros. series being the fourth best-selling) with over 200 games. To celebrate this Nintendo aired a special Mario Direct, with Super Mario 3D All-Stars releasing Friday next week.

So here's to another 35 years! Have you played any Mario titles? If so, which are your favourites? What would you like to see from the franchise in the future?

Years
  • This got me so hyped! I think we all knew the rumours were true but seeing it for real was so exciting. Having 3D AllStars as a collection is a great idea, even if I am a tiny bit disappointed they didn't completely remake them, but hey that's a lot of work - really excited for Super Mario 3D world too!

Years
  • happy 35th! my first video game was a super old mario bros game that i played in russia when i was around 4/5. ahh the memories. haven't played too many since, but it's still an important part of my childhood <3

Back