• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choosing card condition

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2020
    Hello,

In going through my collection and sorting out cards out by condition to prepare for sale. I'm seeing descriptions differ on different website guides and I'm also not seeing consistancy on ebay photos. I dont want to rip anyone off, but dont want to short change myself. I'm currently grading like below:

The NM-M cards have the slightest imperfection. They wouldnt get a 10 psa grade, but probably an 8 or 9 is my guess.

LP cards have 4 imperfections or less no bent corners. But spots of whitening around corners or edges

Mp- no bent corners or edges, but more imperfections than above

Hp- more or less imperfections than above with slight knicks or slight crease on corner.

Does this sound right to you guys? Any suggestions or tips? It's more difficult than I thought it would be. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20200830_112611.jpg
      20200830_112611.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 4
    • 20200830_112702.jpg
      20200830_112702.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 4
    Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi there Jstraight. I moved your thread over to the correct section for you.

Different selling sites often offer different prices based on demand so the best you can do it try to find a median and work from there. If you post some pictures, we might be able to give you a closer idea of their condition, but I would start by actually getting your cards officially rated by PSA, and not just guessing. That will exponentially increase the value of your cards that you're looking to sell.

And just to be clear, you're not looking to sell your cards on this site, correct? Because the Pokecommunity is not a platform for selling goods or services. The best we can do is estimate a price but it'll be up to you to sell them somewhere legit.

Good luck though!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2020
    Thank you for the reply! Sorry I posted in wrong area. I understand this is not a platform for selling and do not intend to sell anything on here. I'm just looking for some help on understanding what I have.

I cant get every card psa graded because I have a couple thousand cards. I will probably get about 100 cards graded though if they're holos, first edition, any shadowless, or of I am confident I have a plain card that looks like a good candidate for a perfect 10.

That leaves the rest of them up to a subjective approach for describing the condition to potential buyers... I'd expect the majority of these cards to sell probably for $1-$5 each.

I've attached photos front and back of 4 cards in order of condition starting with near mint, then lightly played, moderately played, and heavily played. Would you agree with that assessment based on the photos or have any thoughts or tips on anything else I mentioned? Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20200830_112611.jpg
      20200830_112611.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 10
    • 20200830_112702.jpg
      20200830_112702.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 6
    Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah, sadly those probably won't be graded very high. :(

Wishing you the best on any other cards you come across though!

Back