• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water energy acceleration

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2020
    Hi everyone. I'm building a Blastpup deck. What is the best way of accelerating energy in the 20/21 rotation?

Years
  • Hi everyone. I'm building a Blastpup deck. What is the best way of accelerating energy in the 20/21 rotation?

Water spefically? Team Up Blastoise followed by Frosmoth.

Emboar from Cosmic Eclipse is a distant 3rd because its ability triggers only when you evolve into it, but it goes 8 cards deep and does not specify a specific type, but if you're thinking seriously about Emboar you're better off running Blastoise.

Basically, anything that helps with consistency for Frosmoth or Blastoise is what you'll be looking at, assuming you mean Standard.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2020
    Hi. Yes I mean water specifically and standard format.

I love the suggestion of Frosmoth but is there any other way that doesn't involve a stage 1?

I'm probably looking for the impossible but a turn 1 acceleration would be ace

Years
  • I couldn't find anything while looking. :(

Also iirc the best acceleration pre-rotation was still Naganadel and Quagsire combo. Turn 1 is a very big ask as Pokemon's design team has been shying away from such strong acceleration, though that was also quite uncommon to begin with.

Back