• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue with screen scaling past 2x.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2017
    I encountered the following issues when trying to use a resize factor larger than 2.0, in this case 3.0, a weird pixelated line appears in some tiles. I double checked the tile set and it is aligned properly. The issue does not appear with x0.5, x1 or x2 scaling.
    EDIT: This issue is related to tile priority, if the tile is set to have no priority, the seam disappears, but that isn't really a workable solution.

For reference, here is the top part of the spread sheet, including the offending tree.

I achieved the larger scaling result by adding a third option in the SpriteResizer script changing the pbSetResizeFactor method and adding the corresponding option to the Options menu.

Code:
    def pbSetResizeFactor(factor=1,norecalc=false)
      factor=[0.5,1.0,2.0,3.0,-1][factor] if !norecalc
      (factor<0) ? pbConfigureFullScreen : pbConfigureWindowedScreen(factor)
    end

Would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    My suggestion is to play at the normal, intended resolution. It is a known bug that tiles on higher priority may not appear perfectly (due to a rounding error) if you're playing on higher resolutions.

Back