• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Galar Alphabet?

Years
  • Where in the game is there any relevant text written in Galar font and how would anyone do this if there isn't anything that ever translates any Galar font to English first? How would anyone ever learn what any of the letters are?

Years
  • Where in the game is there any relevant text written in Galar font and how would anyone do this if there isn't anything that ever translates any Galar font to English first? How would anyone ever learn what any of the letters are?

Oh, in fact it can be done - you just need to know what it says.

I know for sure that I saw this in a trailer: Leon was in the stadium and the big stadium display screen showed a 5-letter word that I was sure meant DENDE, Leon's Japanese name. I would find it right now and start extrapolating what meaning I can, but that would probably lead me to way too many spoilers that I don't want (getting the game tomorrow). I'll get back to the alphabet later if someone doesn't crack it before.

Once again: yes, it can be done. Just look up Japanese names for characters announced on stadium displays, or of sponsor products advertised in the stadium, and go from there.

Last edited:
    Back