• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best And Worst Trades In HGSS?

ken16303

Ken!
Years
  • So i heard that HGSS and GSC has a bad level curve so using trade pokemon might fixed it just a little bit. So what are the best trades in HGSS And which should i avoid?

Years
  • Are you playing Gen 4 (HGSS for DS) or Gen 2 (GSC for GBC or GS for 3DS VC)? I think the trades are different in the remakes than in the originals.

In-game traded pokemon generally come with nicknames, too. For instance, the Voltorb you can trade for in Olivine City in HGSS is nicknamed Billy, and the Machop you can trade for in Goldenrod Department Store is nicknamed Muscle.

I highly recommend trading for Muscle and using her against Whitney's normal type team. I would avoid trading a female Dragonair for some girl's Dodrio in Blackthorn City. Dragonair is much harder to obtain than Dodrio in HGSS, especially considering the addition of the Johto Safari Zone.

Back