• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New Team

Sector

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    So I have gotten rid of my old party, prior to playing SoulSilver for 5-6 Months straight before coming back to 5th Geneation. I am currently and still EV training my party. As most people will know, the weather change can happen. That's why you have to have somewhat of a back-up plan. Also, I've been curious on if I should edit my team a bit. My current team is as followed: (depending on first Pokemon, Ninetales will be switched out immediately for future use in battle in case for weather change condition)

Leader, Timid Nature, Drought Ninetales- Heat Wave, Solarbeam, Confuse Ray & Nasty Plot
    Careful Nature, Synchronize Umbreon- Moonlight, Yawn, Dream Eater & Payback
    Timid Nature, Magic Bounce Espeon- Morning Sun, Psychic, Shadow Ball & Quick Attack
    Adamant Nature, Mold Breaker Haxorus- Earthquake, X-Scissor, Dragon Dance & Outrage
    Calm Nature, Marvel Scale Milotic- Ice Beam, Surf, Recover & Aqua Ring
    Jolly Nature, Chlorophyll Leafeon- Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Synthesis & Leaf Blade (Just bred him)

I like the idea of adding Lucario to the team. That only leaves the question of taking Milotic or Haxorus out as they are the lone wolves to the team and can hold their own. I just want to see if I'm heading in the right direction of sticking to this team or do I really need to add new ones, such as Lucario or perhaps Yanmega?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2011
    -Ninetales: I would put flametrhower instead of heat wave

-Umbreon: I don't like Umbreon too much, I'll go with a different moveset: toxic, wish, payback and protect

-Espeon: Remove quick attack :) and put Calm Mind instead of it or hidden power fight

i think you should change Milotic because of Ninetale's Drought, in my opinion a good moveset for lucario is: shadow ball, ice punch, nasty plot and aura sphere.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    -Ninetales: I would put flametrhower instead of heat wave

-Umbreon: I don't like Umbreon too much, I'll go with a different moveset: toxic, wish, payback and protect

-Espeon: Remove quick attack :) and put Calm Mind instead of it or hidden power fight

i think you should change Milotic because of Ninetale's Drought, in my opinion a good moveset for lucario is: shadow ball, ice punch, nasty plot and aura sphere.

I didn't think anyone would reply to this lol

but thanks, I have done work on my own since and here's what I have now.

Timid, Drought Ninetales- Heat Wave(I never have problems with the accuracy), Solarbeam, Energy Ball & Confuse Ray

Timid, Magic Bounce Espeon- Psychic, Morning Sun, Shadow Ball, Toxic (Calm Mind may replace it)

Careful, Synchronize Umbreon- Yawn, Toxic, Moonlight & Protect (Much better than the moveset you provided, Wish will hurt it more if I remove Moonlight)

Jolly, Chlorophyll Leafeon- Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Synthesis, Swords Dance

Adamant, Mold Breaker Haxorus- Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake & Brick Break

Timid, Inner Focus Lucario- Psychic, AuraSphere, ExtremeSpeed & Dragon Pulse

Hidden Power for each of my Pokemon:

Ninetales-Ground
    Espeon-Dark
    Umbreon-Electric
    Leafeon-Water
    Haxorus-Grass
    Lucario-Ghost

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Can you provide EVs for your Pokemon too?

Anyway:
    Ninetales could use Fire Blast over Heat Wave because of more power. Also, use Hidden Power (Ground) so it can deal with Heatran.

Since you're using Ninetales, put in something that can benefit from the eternal sunlight, like Darmanitan or Volcarona (one of them can go over Umbreon):

Darmanitan:
    -Flare Blitz
    -U-turn
    -Earthquake/Superpower
    -Rock Side
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force

Volcarona:
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fire Blast
    -Bug Buzz
    -Hidden Power (Rock)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

I'd use Taunt, Brick Break, Dragon Claw or Dual Chop over X-Scissor on Haxorus. Taunt prevents opponents from statusing Haxorus, Brick Break helps against Ferrothorn and the latter 2 moves are more reliable STABs.

Use Nasty Plot over ExtremeSpeed on Lucario. It only learns it as Riolu, so you'll have to get another Riolu for that, sadly.

Might I suggest a Dual screen set for Espeon?
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fighting/Ground/Fire)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Leafeon is seriously outclasses as a Chlorophyll user. I'd suggest Venusaur, but it's rather hard to get. I'll let someone else suggest something.

Back