• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your Internet Provider?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • I have Time War- Wait... Spectrum, I mean!!

I pay good money extra for half the speed of the base bundle package on the other side of the country with Cox (at least from what the radio ad says)

The Xfinity my grandmother has is way cheaper and way better too.

Spectrum sucks. Even if they have Star Citizen stuff in their business commercial.

Years
  • Spectrum sucks. Even if they have Star Citizen stuff in their business commercial.
    I honestly feel bad for new customers who sign up for Spectrum in areas where Time Warner Cable (and Bright House Networks) used to serve. Before the takeover, both Time Warner and Bright House had many more speed options to choose from, whereas with Spectrum you only have two: Base and Ultra.

Base is either 60/6 or 100/10 depending on where you live, whereas Ultra is either 100/10 or 300/20, and ordering and/or upgrading to Ultra from Base requires a $199 fee as well. It's purely stupid to have to pay $199 just to have your modem reprovisioned, and Spectrum gets away with it.

Oh, need I mention that they have no plans to roll out DOCSIS 3.1 in the near future, whereas companies like Comcast already have?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I honestly feel bad for new customers who sign up for Spectrum in areas where Time Warner Cable (and Bright House Networks) used to serve. Before the takeover, both Time Warner and Bright House had many more speed options to choose from, whereas with Spectrum you only have two: Base and Ultra.

Base is either 60/6 or 100/10 depending on where you live, whereas Ultra is either 100/10 or 300/20, and ordering and/or upgrading to Ultra from Base requires a $199 fee as well. It's purely stupid to have to pay $199 just to have your modem reprovisioned, and Spectrum gets away with it.

Oh, need I mention that they have no plans to roll out DOCSIS 3.1 in the near future, whereas companies like Comcast already have?

Mmmm... I think they let us keep our current plan, which was 50mbps or something for $40-50 extra on the base plan.

Back