• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] New Evolution Method for Forms

Years
  • I tried to add a new Evolution Method, but it don't work. I found a lot of simular Topics but could not find a solution.

i added "when 26" in PokemonEvolution in the section for Evolution Stones

Spoiler:

i changed the evoparameter to 2

Spoiler:

i changed the Name from Custom1 to ItemForm

Spoiler:

Pokemon.txt looks like this:

Evolutions=GROWLITHE,ItemForm,ICESTONE

and i get this error

Spoiler:

what went wrong?

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    Am pretty sure because for evolutions u put itemforms i think is just item all of those stuff before they tell u which line it happened in the pbs are evolution methods u put one in wrong so change Itemform to just Item try that hope it works

Last edited:

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    So, it really does sound like you did everything right.
    What the error is telling you is that something happened with pokémon #658. Is that the one you added ItemForm to? If not, something's messed up with that one's evolution method.
    Other things to check - do you have the ice stone defined?
    Also, you may need to manually recompile. You can force recompile by hiting CTRL when you start to playtest in RMXP.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Using arcanine as an example, are you creating a new form for both Growlithe and Arcanine? If so, can't you just list The pre-evolution in Pokemonforms.txt and the normal evolution method?
    So like:
    #---------------------------------------------------------
    [GROWLITHE-1]
    FormName=
    Evolutions=ARCANINE,Item,ICESTONE
    #---------------------------------------------------------

As long as you have both the pre-evolution and the evolution listed in pokemonforms.txt, it should keep the same form when it evolves

Last edited:
    Back