• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] Egg doesn't hatch

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    Hi everyone, I'm hacking Pokemon Emerald and I'm using all the engines created by DizzyEgg & co.
    My problem is that no egg is hatching, as it always states "It looks like this Egg will take a long time to hatch." no matter how many steps I've walked.
    I found that a similar problem occurs to another person (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=354239)
    So that's my question: is there anyone who used emerald engine and found the same problem? (I guess the problem is due to emerald engine since it occurs just after using it).
    Otherwise (an more important) how can I fix it on Emerald? Does anybody know the location of the byte I should change in Emerald? (According to the link I posted, which solved the problem for FireRed).
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    Sorry guys, I really need help with this since it's blocking the release of my hack!
    Any kind of information is welcomed, I don't ask necessarily for an immediate solution, some advice on how to look for my solution are useful too!

Years
  • Sorry guys, I really need help with this since it's blocking the release of my hack!
    Any kind of information is welcomed, I don't ask necessarily for an immediate solution, some advice on how to look for my solution are useful too!

I don't know whether the following byte changes really can fix the bug or it might be caused by other problem. But anyway you could try it first.

Go to 0x70A08 and subtract 1 from the byte there. If it's a 10, for example, make it 0F. Do the same at 0x70AA4 (it should be the same byte).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    Thanks for your answer, unfortunately in those bytes there's just a pointer! And in my ROM it points to free space actually (while in a unmodified Emerald ROM it points to something, even if I don't know what it does actually).

EDIT
    I've just pasted the missing part from the unmodified Emerald to my ROM to replace the FF bytes and now it actually works!
    Thank you really much for your help!

Last edited:
    Back