• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Video] The Making of Salt

Years

• I'm sure that a lot of y'all here know that table salt is made by sodium reacting with chlorine, but have any of you guys actually done this before? :P

It's pretty fascinating to watch these two elements react together to form a substance that most (if not, all) of us consume on a daily basis.

What do you guys think of this chemical reaction?

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • This could be silly from me, but I wonder why we didn't do this back when I was in middle school, it's cool and it's not harmful to do if you take the right precautions!

Last edited:
    Years
  • This could be silly from me, but I wonder why we didn't do this back when I was in middle school, it's cool and it's not harmful to do if you take the right precautions!
    You probably didn't get to do it in middle school because of how dangerous it is (yes, it really is dangerous). Sodium is a very reactive metal and if it were to ever come into contact with the wrong surfaces, the results could be catastrophic.

Back