• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Setting Starting Over Point?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    I have a problem with setting the starting over point. I went and lost to a wild Pokemon, but when I got transported, it was to the \PN's house from the pre-made maps instead of the starting house of my game. Is there a way to fix it? I tried giving the autorun starting over command to the mom in the house, but it doesn't seem to work.

Another thing, after I get transported from losing the battle, the dialogue from the event continues on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Another thing, after I get transported from losing the battle, the dialogue from the event continues on.
    Assuming that event is in autorun, you need to make sure that the "starting over" switch is turned off at the end of the event page, otherwise the same messages will continue forever. Basically, just select the "Control Switches" event command in the editor, look for the "Starting Over" switch and select it, checkmark "OFF" and you should be good to go.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    If you haven't visited a pokemon center, it uses a preset coordinate in you metadata.txt file, which is in your PBS folder.

Thanks! I had no issues fixing this.

Assuming that event is in autorun, you need to make sure that the "starting over" switch is turned off at the end of the event page, otherwise the same messages will continue forever. Basically, just select the "Control Switches" event command in the editor, look for the "Starting Over" switch and select it, checkmark "OFF" and you should be good to go.

If you're talking about the event with dialogue and trainer battle, then no, it's not autorun- it's player touch. Do you mean that I need to make a seperate event page with autorun and the starting over switch being off? (I don't know if it makes a difference if it's not autorun). I did try putting the switch at the bottom of the event page, but it didn't fix the problem. Would it help if I took a video of what's going on?

EDIT: I decided to take a video anyway. Sorry about the crappy quality, can't really help it when the file size limit for mp4 is 2.00 MB.
    View attachment 71574

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Okay, I think I get it.

The problem lies in the conditional branch you use to trigger the Team Rocket battle. You called the battle scene, yet you didn't put in a check that determines whether the player has lost the battle or not. You also didn't put the rocket's speech or actions within the conditional branch itself, and as a result the event is going to keep on going.

Click on the conditional branch for your trainer battle and press the "space" key to edit that command. Checkmark the box that says "Set handlings if conditions don't apply" and hit ok. Now, copy all of the things the Rocket grunt is supposed to say/do and paste it WITHIN the conditional branch, above "control self-switch A" (NOT the "else" statement, mind you, the field above it where you have "control self-switch: A"). Then, add some way to restart or whatever you want in the "Else" field, which would check to see if the player lost the battle.

I hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    Okay, I think I get it.

The problem lies in the conditional branch you use to trigger the Team Rocket battle. You called the battle scene, yet you didn't put in a check that determines whether the player has lost the battle or not. You also didn't put the rocket's speech or actions within the conditional branch itself, and as a result the event is going to keep on going.

Click on the conditional branch for your trainer battle and press the "space" key to edit that command. Checkmark the box that says "Set handlings if conditions don't apply" and hit ok. Now, copy all of the things the Rocket grunt is supposed to say/do and paste it WITHIN the conditional branch, above "control self-switch A" (NOT the "else" statement, mind you, the field above it where you have "control self-switch: A"). Then, add some way to restart or whatever you want in the "Else" field, which would check to see if the player lost the battle.

I hope that helps.

This certainly worked. The dialogue now doesn't continue once I lose the battle- thanks for helping me!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anyone know why every time I transport, leave or enter a house the sprite refresh and my pokemon comes out of the Pokeball again?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    Note that you may change the starting over point many times even without pokecenter

in game, go in debug, information editor, metadata then click on the map you want and make a healing spot.
    Then create an event which has the script
    Code:
    Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter
    this will set this map as the one you have to get teleported back when starting over just as if you visited a pokemon center and you will appear one the healing spot you chose.

Back