• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Breath Deck

SnorlaxFTW!!

Pokemon Gangsta
Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    I know the name is kinda dumb but its what i got for now.

<Deck list>

POKEMON:
    4-3-4 Kingdra (Three LA and one Prime)
    1-1 Blissey Prime (PL Chancey)
    2-1 Uxie Lv.x (LA Uxie)
    2-2-1 Glaceon Lv.X (RR Eevee and MD Glaceon)

T/S/S:

2 Roseanne's Research
    3 Engineer's Adjustments
    3 Super Scoop Up
    1 Night Maintenance
    2 Broken Time Space
    2 Expert Belt
    2 Cynthia's Guidance
    1 Luxury Ball
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Pokemon Communication
    3 Warp Point

ENERGY:

12 Water Energies

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Pokemon: 21
    2 Kingdra LA
    2 Kingdra Prime UL
    3 Seadra LA
    4 Horsea LA
    1 Blissey Prime GS (It's okay...but the bench is too cramped)
    1 Chansey
    2 Uxie LA
    2 Claydol GE
    2 Baltoy GE
    1 Azelf LA
    1 Unown [Q] MD (just in case)

Trainers: 28
    4 Roseanne's Research
    1 Pokemon Collector
    3 Bebe's Search
    1 Cynthia's Feelings (Garchomp safety)
    1 Palmer's Contribution
    3 Broken Time-Space
    2 Expert Belt
    1 Luxury Ball
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Pokemon Communicator
    4 Super Scoop Up

Energy: 11
    7 Water Energy
    4 Call Energy

Years
  • My buddy runs a Blissey Prime in his Magnevire deck. His Magnezone Lv. X can transfer all the energy to a pokemon with no damage(usually claydol), heal w/o discarding any energy, then transfer it all back. So far, his is the only deck i know of that can run Blissey Prime with no penalty.
    I'd love some help with this deck, so if you can spare a moment, check it out!
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=219907

Last edited:

SnorlaxFTW!!

Pokemon Gangsta
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Pokemon: 21
    2 Kingdra LA
    2 Kingdra Prime UL
    3 Seadra LA
    4 Horsea LA
    1 Blissey Prime GS (It's okay...but the bench is too cramped)
    1 Chansey
    2 Uxie LA
    2 Claydol GE
    2 Baltoy GE
    1 Azelf LA
    1 Unown [Q] MD (just in case)

Trainers: 28
    4 Roseanne's Research
    1 Pokemon Collector
    3 Bebe's Search
    1 Cynthia's Feelings (Garchomp safety)
    1 Palmer's Contribution
    3 Broken Time-Space
    2 Expert Belt
    1 Luxury Ball
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Pokemon Communicator
    4 Super Scoop Up

Energy: 11
    7 Water Energy
    4 Call Energy

Its not cramped if i dont have any claydols, and i dont need them because the game is ussually over before they become useful and i dont like that they limmit your hand to 6 cards. The idea is to use kingdra's water recycleing attack so 7 energies is not going to work and call energies are not needed because i ussally drop alot on the nech to set up for more. If anything i need more water energies not less.

My buddy runs a Blissey Prime in his Magnevire deck. His Magnezone Lv. X can transfer all the energy to a pokemon with no damage(usually claydol), heal w/o discarding any energy, then transfer it all back. So far, his is the only deck i know of that can run Blissey Prime with no penalty.
    I'd love some help with this deck, so if you can spare a moment, check it out!
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=219907

The whole point of Blissey in this deck is to discard water energies so im not worried about that. Kingdra LA has a move that benefits from having alot of water energy in the discard. I will definetly take a look :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Its not cramped if i dont have any claydols, and i dont need them because the game is ussually over before they become useful and i dont like that they limmit your hand to 6 cards. The idea is to use kingdra's water recycleing attack so 7 energies is not going to work and call energies are not needed because i ussally drop alot on the nech to set up for more. If anything i need more water energies not less.

Claydol is staple draw power, and it doesn't specifically limit your hand to 6, and you can send cards down to the bottom of your deck without drawing any, even if you have 6 or more cards, if you need that draw power as quickly as possible. Call Energies are mostly just to prevent donks.

SnorlaxFTW!!

Pokemon Gangsta
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    NO, with clydol you draw until you have 6 cards in your hand leaveing you at 6 cards

Years
  • NO, with clydol you draw until you have 6 cards in your hand leaveing you at 6 cards

That's exactly what I said. You can actually use Claydol to put the cards that you don't need back into your deck, and later get something that'd actually be useful. Many times I've found myself using its ability just so I could get a couple cards when I did it next. It's useful in that sense, and also prevents against decking.

SnorlaxFTW!!

Pokemon Gangsta
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Im not stupid i understand how to use claydol and why it can be useful. However, in this deck it is useful to have more than 6 cards in your hand and when using clydol as your draw power that does not happen

Years
  • Im not stupid i understand how to use claydol and why it can be useful. However, in this deck it is useful to have more than 6 cards in your hand and when using clydol as your draw power that does not happen

Well, try it without, then. I'm almost certain your results will make you reconsider not running any Claydol, at least until it gets phased out of Modified.

SnorlaxFTW!!

Pokemon Gangsta
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Well, try it without, then. I'm almost certain your results will make you reconsider not running any Claydol, at least until it gets phased out of Modified.

I can't try it without because its not in there, and it runs much smoother since i took him out.

FurretFTW!!1!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    xD Kingdra needs Claydol. You're discarding cards faster than you're drawing them. If you really knew what you were doing, you'd realize Kingdra prefers the Claydol. It doesn't need to discard Energy, so that doesn't matter much either. Call is for good T1 options and somewhat helps against donks.

Years
  • What he meant is that even if you have, say, 8 cards in your hand, you can cosmic 2 to the bottom of your deck, leaving you with 6 in your hand, and because you have 6 or more, not draw any(2 for none). Next turn you can Cosmic 2 more. Then draw 2 because your hand size has been reduced to 4. Pokemon rules state that you can do as much as the game will allow you to, even if it's not the whole thing.

SnorlaxFTW!!

Pokemon Gangsta
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    What he meant is that even if you have, say, 8 cards in your hand, you can cosmic 2 to the bottom of your deck, leaving you with 6 in your hand, and because you have 6 or more, not draw any(2 for none). Next turn you can Cosmic 2 more. Then draw 2 because your hand size has been reduced to 4. Pokemon rules state that you can do as much as the game will allow you to, even if it's not the whole thing.

Right, thats what im saying, you always end up back at 6 cards, i perfer to like my hand get bigger than 6

FurretFTW!!1!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    You won't get your hand bigger than that in Kingdra, so play Claydol... >.>;;;

SnorlaxFTW!!

Pokemon Gangsta
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Do you guys have any other sugestions besides claydol. Like what i should take out for more energy?

Years
  • Well, Roseanne's won't be legal come August, so I'd suggest swapping it out for Interviewer's Questions when the time comes, but Roseanne's is still a better card until that point. Engineer's Adjustments is not worth running 3 of, and Blissey Prime doesn't work nearly as well as it would seem at first glance.

FurretFTW!!1!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    You don't need more Energy. You just need one to attack, and you can discard other things. Blissey is bad, but if he wants it, it's fine. I prefer to not have it, but nothing is really needed too much more.

I'll keep on suggesting Claydol until it's in the deck xP Kingdra is very near unusable next format because of it's absense, so at least use it while it lasts.

Back