• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Battle Script Executor

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
Years
  • Hello... does anyone know how to make that a battle script is called in an asm.. it has been done in overworld script to make a field item..

I know it may be dumb to asince why you'll call a battle script if that calls an asm that, technically speaking, calls a battle routine?

Well, the reason for doing this is I will be implementing FBI's Battle by turn or something but it requires an ASM to be called...

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Hello... does anyone know how to make that a battle script is called in an asm.. it has been done in overworld script to make a field item..

I know it may be dumb to asince why you'll call a battle script if that calls an asm that, technically speaking, calls a battle routine?

Well, the reason for doing this is I will be implementing FBI's Battle by turn or something but it requires an ASM to be called...

What are you trying to do specifically, because this doesn't make much sense at all :D

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
    Years
  • What are you trying to do specifically, because this doesn't make much sense at all :D

Because there are things that the battle script have that I can't do in ASM..
    Becaus in the Battle by turn hack, I want to implement something that plays an animation after some checks and I have no idea on how to ASM it... if possible, after some checks in ASM it jumps directly to a battle script.. or perhaps I misunderstood how the Battle by Turn Hack is being used hahaha..

so specifically

I'll insert a routine in the table that makes some checking and if a valid value is found then it executes battle script.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Because there are things that the battle script have that I can't do in ASM..
    Becaus in the Battle by turn hack, I want to implement something that plays an animation after some checks and I have no idea on how to ASM it... if possible, after some checks in ASM it jumps directly to a battle script.. or perhaps I misunderstood how the Battle by Turn Hack is being used hahaha..

so specifically

I'll insert a routine in the table that makes some checking and if a valid value is found then it executes battle script.

It runs some ASM when the turn counter for a turn of battle is incremented. It won't do for playing an animation in the overworld. The battle engine animations require setup anyways.

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
    Years
  • It runs some ASM when the turn counter for a turn of battle is incremented. It won't do for playing an animation in the overworld. The battle engine animations require setup anyways.
    No. I don't mean overworld.. I mean the battle scene..

there are things in Battle Script that I don't know how to translate in ASM like attackcanceler, graphicalhpupdate, playanimation, orword, damagecalc and etc... if there's a battle script executor, it would be easy to make some battle hacks using the battle by turn especially to those who are not so adept in ASMing

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • No. I don't mean overworld.. I mean the battle scene..

there are things in Battle Script that I don't know how to translate in ASM like attackcanceler, graphicalhpupdate, playanimation, orword, damagecalc and etc... if there's a battle script executor, it would be easy to make some battle hacks using the battle by turn especially to those who are not so adept in ASMing

Oh I see, unfortunately it's not designed to execute battle scripts. What you could do is investigate and see if you can push your custom BS into the script stack and add in your custom commands during this time. I haven't really bothered to work in detail on the base battle engine because it's design is fundamentally flawed. I'm sure the battle script executor has a stack, and can handle this though. A short investigation is required.

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
    Years
  • Oh I see, unfortunately it's not designed to execute battle scripts. What you could do is investigate and see if you can push your custom BS into the script stack and add in your custom commands during this time. I haven't really bothered to work in detail on the base battle engine because it's design is fundamentally flawed. I'm sure the battle script executor has a stack, and can handle this though. A short investigation is required.

One thing I just want to make sure, though battle script executor is not possible at the moment, the battle by turn hack's routines run before the attack, after the attack, before the enemy's attack and after the enemy's attack... is that right?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • One thing I just want to make sure, though battle script executor is not possible at the moment, the battle by turn hack's routines run before the attack, after the attack, before the enemy's attack and after the enemy's attack... is that right?

I don't remember. Whatever documentation is in the post is probably accurate.

Back