• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Subbed] Closed captioning/Subtitle error during Pokémon anime

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Horse Rider/Team Rocket/Plasma Member/Ultra Guardi
Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    For those who have been watching Pokémon on TV, Netflix, Hulu, Pokémon TV and Amazon Instant Video, does anyone noticed the closed captioning/subtitles does not always match on what the characters are saying?

I noticed the characters say more then in the closed captioning/subtitles on TV, Netflix, Hulu, Pokémon TV and Amazon Instant Video… when I watch them everyday, I noticed the closed captioning aka subtitles are not correct and that it needs to be fixed to match what the characters say because they say more then what the subtitles aka closed captioning says.

Years
  • When you make subtitles there is a limit of characters you can put in a line. It is usually between 35-40 (It can be less if that particular line is going to show up during a very short time), though I think Netflix allows longer subtitles.

That's why the people who make them need to summarize the text or edit out some non essential words.

Back