• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New here, HMU for a good chat or help writing fangames

VisualBoom75257

Casual Pokemon Fan
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Hey, I'm Visual
    I'm fresh to pokecommunity.
    Been a long time Pokemon fan and a friend recommended I sign up here.
    I guess my main purpose would be chatting with like minded people about what's great (and not so great) in various pokemon games. I love some slightly more obscure ones, such as Conquest and the DSi/DS lite era Mystery Dungeons. I'm not exactly an experienced writer, but I'm also interested in helping do writing and concepts for pokemon fangames if you need someone for that. I've played through some well known Pokemon fangames including Insurgence and Uranium, all main series games from Diamond and Pearl onwards, and the above mentioned spinoffs, if that helps my cause and proves my pokemon experience. I also watch plenty of anime if that's a particular niche anyone needs for their game. Anyway, look forward to my time here and i hope this is pretty much what's meant to be posted on this forum.
    HMU, Visual.
    P.S./Edit: If someone would fill me in on all the stuff you can do here that'd be real nice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    Hi and welcome! Nice "curriculum" you have, but are you saying you never played Gen 1, 2 and 3 games? You should, they are all beautiful, even if they may give the impression of being outdated, which they are of course, but those games are still a lot of fun to play even today ^^

VisualBoom75257

Casual Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Cheers for the response Defa,
    I'd probably give them a shot if they are on or will be added to the Switch estore.
    I did say "all main series games," which includes the Gen 2 and 3 remakes HGSS and ORAS, but I get what you mean if you were to say it's not the same. As for my "curriculum" just thought I'd be thorough so I could could find someone to chat with. Lo and behold you come so yay. I think a big thing with the older games is a nostalgia layer, which I won't possess since I started in Gen 4, and playing the originals of the remakes might just seem like a downgrade. I'm not against the idea of playing older games, it's just that a method never really popped up, as I don't own any Game Boys.
    Soz for a another paragraph.

Years
  • Conquest was incredible and I'd love a sequel, especially on the Switch haha. Can see it being breathtaking.

Welcome Visual, nice to meet you! PC is easy enough to adjust to imo, since you basically pick a section you're interested in (Video Games to discuss non-Pokémon games, Roleplay Theatre to roleplay, Let's Go to discuss LGPE, etc) and post around. People also utilize this place to trade Pokémon, rant to relieve stress if something bad is happening in life, join clubs (Clubhouse section), and other things. You can always message me if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer. <3

what's your favorite official/non-fanmade pokémon game atm??

Back