• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newb's question about custom SFX

Years
  • I wasn't sure where to ask this, so... I tried here. (Don't hold me up to nuthin, I may or may not participate in ROM Hacking. Whether I do or not, this is an important question creatively speaking.)

What sort of software, if any, do people use to make custom sound effects in their fan-games or hacks?
    If I do go the way of hacking I'd want to put in a few different sounds of course. If not, well... I always wanted to use those soundmakers whatever they are, to make custom cries for fakemon stuck in my head.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    I wasn't sure where to ask this, so... I tried here. (Don't hold me up to nuthin, I may or may not participate in ROM Hacking. Whether I do or not, this is an important question creatively speaking.)

What sort of software, if any, do people use to make custom sound effects in their fan-games or hacks?
    If I do go the way of hacking I'd want to put in a few different sounds of course. If not, well... I always wanted to use those soundmakers whatever they are, to make custom cries for fakemon stuck in my head.

I wouldn't be too sure about creating, but for editing - which I personally do most - I use Audacity.

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
    Years
  • Well for making sound effect I go out into the field and record them. So if I need a train I got to the railway station and wait for a train to drive past.

Years
  • Well for making sound effect I go out into the field and record them. So if I need a train I got to the railway station and wait for a train to drive past.
    I dunno man, trains sound so realistic, and I wanna get some retro-sounding noises and stuff. Sounds like a lotta work taking the sound and pressing it down to a file-size and type that can fit in a Pokemon Hack. {D:}

Back