• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Cheats Throughout The Ages

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • I'd like to write up a standalone article on the different (rumoured) cheats that have been present throughout the Pokémon games, going from RBY to present. It could be a different way of commemorating 20 years. I would explain some of the cheats, what they were meant to achieve, and how to try them.

I was thinking I could also post up a thread in PGC about these cheats and talk to some of the people who give more interesting responses about their experiences with cheats, how they felt doing them (if they remember), etc, so there's a different dimension to the article.

I would want to explore both the really common cheats (eg the Mew truck and the Mossdeep Space Centre one) as well as try and find more obscure ones to bring to light.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I would want to explore both the really common cheats (eg the Mew truck and the Mossdeep Space Centre one) as well as try and find more obscure ones to bring to light.
    Just jumping in quickly - do you actually mean cheats, or hoaxes? I think of cheats as in using codes (e.g. run through walls), and hoaxes as in the Mew truck (the truck is real, but mew being under it is all made up), and the crazy ideas for what the counter at Mossdeep's Space Centre meant (which was incredibly mundane).

That said, cheats and hoaxes are both interesting subjects imo to write/read about, but just wanted to clarify this to begin with!

I'm in favour of a discussion thread prior to writing, and may be worth considering a series of articles (e.g. there's a fair bit that can be said of RBY's hoaxes alone).

Last edited:
    Back