• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Trainer 766

Alright so I've finished my living Pokedex! I have the week off so I did it while doing other things haha. Some minor bugs / typos in relation to the Pokemon themselves.

- The Thick Club item calls itself an item for Yamask and Marowak.
- The female Unfezant as the U accented while the male doesn't. Is this intentional in order to tell the two apart?
- Female Pyroar doesn't have a cry.
- Helioptite doesn't have a cry.
- The Eeveelution's cries don't sound quite right.
- Snivy's Pokedex entry has a typo - it should be photosynthesize, not photosynthesise
- Sewaddle's Pokedex entry mistakenly calls Sewaddle, Leavanny.
- Espeon's Pokedex entry needs a space between 'theweather'

Overall I've really enjoyed the game! I can give my save file to anyone who wants it :)
A bit overkill,don't you think?

Ravenite

Common Bystander
Years
can i ask some question?
-where's the location of tm 15? i retraced all the way from the beginning and didn't find it anywhere
-is there any other clues to solve the altering cave puzzle? i'm suck at this kind of puzzle
-is there any way to change the pokemon's nature? it's hard to get the right one without synchro field ability

anyway, this is a great hack. can't wait for the next update

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I place Kanto Black in pause now. I know I said I wouldn't, but I might as well to spend more time developing my next hack. Speaking of which, it's mapped up to the 8th gym + optional routes. 37/40 routes in the region for the main quest are mapped and 12/16 settlements (towns) are done.
Sh5Iw5K.png
d6hR1x6.png
vugK4ML.png

*Hero overworld sprites are yet to be inserted.
*I didn't notice the tile error in the second screen until I uploaded this. Don't fret, it will be fixed.

I might ask a moderator to lock this thread in the near future for until I have a major development. In that event, send visitor or private messages for bug reporting.

can i ask some question?
-where's the location of tm 15? i retraced all the way from the beginning and didn't find it anywhere
-is there any other clues to solve the altering cave puzzle? i'm suck at this kind of puzzle
-is there any way to change the pokemon's nature? it's hard to get the right one without synchro field ability

anyway, this is a great hack. can't wait for the next update

Sorry for replying late. If it helps,
- I think TM15 can be found in Seafoam Islands.
- Consider the number of characters in numbers. One has three characters, Three has 5 characters, Four has 4 characters. You go from the lowest number in the room to the highest. When two signs have the same amount of characters, the one to the left is the lower number. You press them in that order. Hope this helps.
- Unfortunately, no.

Thank you, very much appreciated.

Alright so I've finished my living Pokedex! I have the week off so I did it while doing other things haha. Some minor bugs / typos in relation to the Pokemon themselves.

- The Thick Club item calls itself an item for Yamask and Marowak.
- The female Unfezant as the U accented while the male doesn't. Is this intentional in order to tell the two apart?
- Female Pyroar doesn't have a cry.
- Helioptite doesn't have a cry.
- The Eeveelution's cries don't sound quite right.
- Snivy's Pokedex entry has a typo - it should be photosynthesize, not photosynthesise
- Sewaddle's Pokedex entry mistakenly calls Sewaddle, Leavanny.
- Espeon's Pokedex entry needs a space between 'theweather'

Overall I've really enjoyed the game! I can give my save file to anyone who wants it :)

Thanks for these! Glad you enjoyed the game, greatly appreciate your efforts. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
I don't know if this has been reported, but when I go to resurrect a fossil in the lab, the scientist just takes it, and when I come back, he doesn't give me the Pokemon and just asks for another fossil. I'm on 2.08. Help?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Could anyone tell me where to find Tynamo and Darumaka?

Also, where do I get a Sun Stone?

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
On my phone, so responses will be brief. I've finished all of the routes for my other hack. :D
Could anyone tell me where to find Tynamo and Darumaka?

Also, where do I get a Sun Stone?
Route east of Cerulean City, iirc. Sun Stone in Celadon City.
I don't know if this has been reported, but when I go to resurrect a fossil in the lab, the scientist just takes it, and when I come back, he doesn't give me the Pokemon and just asks for another fossil. I'm on 2.08. Help?
I'll look into this, thanks.

To get goodra i just need to get sliggoo to level 50 or must be raining and then up him to lvl 50?
No rain :p.
name of your other hack?
It does not have a thread yet. I'm thinking of going with Cerise.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Thanks for the info. Another doubt: Are gym leader rematches avaliable in Kanto Black?

There's a battle facility in Seven Island (postgame) where you could rematch them, but, as it is a battle facility where your levels are set, they are not normal rematches where you could get experience. There is one you could do a normal rematch with, and you can find that person in Cerulean Cave. I'll add more if I do the major update. :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
My game froze when I talked to this lady in Three Island. I'm on version 2.08

68xQY

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
I have myself to blame on this one. My game's version was still the 0.94 one and kept playing until I finished Cinnabar Island. I did not see that the 0.94 save is not compatible after updating my Fire Red. All that progress, gone. The hack was pretty awesome though and I wish I could continue playing.

Austin.tyx

DESTROYER
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
How do I get the HM surf? And what am I supposed to do with the rocks that have special typings

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
gggaaaaahhhh finals week
now's the time to make replies

My game froze when I talked to this lady in Three Island. I'm on version 2.08

68xQY

Thanks! Gotta make sure these freezing bugs are exterminated.

I have myself to blame on this one. My game's version was still the 0.94 one and kept playing until I finished Cinnabar Island. I did not see that the 0.94 save is not compatible after updating my Fire Red. All that progress, gone. The hack was pretty awesome though and I wish I could continue playing.

Have you tried downgrading back to 0.94? Should work if the save file is still the same.
Sorry :(. I might highlight it a little more.

How do I get the HM surf? And what am I supposed to do with the rocks that have special typings

Apologies for not responding promptly, but in case any of the two are not resolved:
1) Surf can be found in the Safari Zone, in one of the houses just like in Firered.
2) Rocks are there to evolve Eevee. You can obtain an Eevee egg from a gentleman in Five Island.

Where can I find the secret key to open the locked door in two island? I wanted my Cinccino to learn rock blast.

The Secret Key is found at the end of Cinnabar Mansion, just like in Firered. :)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Can I ask another question?
How to solve the altering cave, the clue that you gave earlier only works on the first floor but I did the same in the second floor but it didn't work.

In the rooms that follow,the count continues. Since you have finished the first room at 4 (four), you would start at 5 (five, 4 characters) in the second room, so search for the braille panel with 4 characters. After the first, 6 (six, 3 characters) and so on.

If there are two panels with the same amount of characters, the leftmost braille would be the one with the lesser number. Hope this helps.

Ravenite

Common Bystander
Years
hi it's me again..
i'm still stuck at altering cave puzzle, do i must press all the button at second room or just the appropriate numbers?
you said that 5 and 6 are 4 and 3 characters respectively, so what number another 4 character is? is it 4 like the first room? and those two 5 characters, one of them is 3 (based on the first room) and another one is 7/8 am i right?
oh by the way, did you know that one of this hack's feature allow you to get a pokemon with 255 ev on all stats?
well sorry if my short essay is confusing you, i don't know how to put it simple way..

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Have you tried downgrading back to 0.94? Should work if the save file is still the same.
Sorry :(. I might highlight it a little more.

I tried it and it's back to normal. The downside is the lack of content(no Sevii Islands). I'll replay this game again someday because I REALLY enjoyed this hack.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2020
i encountered a game-breaking bug. if you go to sevii islands the second time without getting the strength HM in fuschia city (i forgot to on this current save) you get stuck becuase the sailor wont let you sail back to vermilion city until you go through mt.ember to retrieve the ruby which you need strength HM to get through the cave. is there a fix. maybe you already knew about this bug (im on beta 2.08 the latest one i think)

Back