• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
And one last thing, when do you think will be the best level to evolve my Helioptile? I'm pretty sure Heliolisk has no level-up moves at all, so that's why I'm asking (unless you added some to its movepool).

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
And one last thing, when do you think will be the best level to evolve my Helioptile? I'm pretty sure Heliolisk has no level-up moves at all, so that's why I'm asking (unless you added some to its movepool).

They have the same level-up learnsets, so no need to worry about that anymore. This applies to all Pokemon that evolve via evolution stone.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Thanks for your replies! I finally beat that puzzle.

I think making it clear you can't get that other stone in the Sevii Islands until a later time would be really helpful! Other than that, my one slight critique is that my rival in the Route 22 battle after the eighth badge still has Gurdurr and Duosion, not Conkeldurr and Reuniclus, on his team, and I found that kind of odd for that point in the game. Do they have the Eviolite attached or something like that?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
I decided to start a new save with version 2.07 and chose Snivy and couldn't help to notice it has Growl instead of Leer. Is that intentional?

Also, will next version be compatible with 2.07 saves?

And where do I find Tynamo?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
It's updated to 2.08. The links are up in the first post.
Changes from 2.07 to 2.08:
Spoiler:

A few more updates and I will most likely go back to dedicating myself fully to the Emerald hack for some time. I've been slowly working on it while fixing Kanto Black. I've mapped up to the seventh gym (routes, cities, and some dungeons only).

Thanks for your replies! I finally beat that puzzle.

I think making it clear you can't get that other stone in the Sevii Islands until a later time would be really helpful! Other than that, my one slight critique is that my rival in the Route 22 battle after the eighth badge still has Gurdurr and Duosion, not Conkeldurr and Reuniclus, on his team, and I found that kind of odd for that point in the game. Do they have the Eviolite attached or something like that?

Awesome! That part of the strength puzzle might just be the toughest part of the trick house.

I'm confident it is now since now they have pointers in their messages. I feared this might have made some people think there is no postgame lol.

Yeah, Duosion and Gurdurr both have Eviolites. The reasoning behind is so that it contrasts with his champion team (especially in other modes) more. It's a good point though, I'll think about it a little more.

I decided to start a new save with version 2.07 and chose Snivy and couldn't help to notice it has Growl instead of Leer. Is that intentional?

Also, will next version be compatible with 2.07 saves?

And where do I find Tynamo?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it's something I overlooked. I think I fixed it in the version I released today, thanks for bringing up!

You should be able to safely update to any 2.XX. I'll try hard to keep compatibility with the next major update (3.0), it really depends on what I add.

You can find Tynamo in the Power Plant. I can't remember if I put some in the newly added Rock Smash side though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2020
how would one evolve eevee into slyveon in this hack? since you need pokemon amie in the official games to evolve it. is it just a friendship evo?

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Hopefully one last question: are Ice Beam and Flamethrower still TMs? if so, where are they?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
how would one evolve eevee into slyveon in this hack? since you need pokemon amie in the official games to evolve it. is it just a friendship evo?

That's one way Eevee evolves into Sylveon and for that very reason. I think it would be most players' first guess. You can also evolve it by using the Enigma Stone on it, just to have a faster method.

Hopefully one last question: are Ice Beam and Flamethrower still TMs? if so, where are they?

You should be able to buy Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and also Thunderbolt, in the Celadon Game Corner. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Thanks for responding. Since I'm not using any Dark or Ice Types, i'll wait a little to update to newer versions.

BTW, is your Emerald hack an original hack or a revisit of Hoenn like Kanto Black?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Any chances of adding Hidden Grottoes? I know it was a big thing in Black 2 & White 2 so I thought I would suggest it for this game.

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Great hack, man! I've played through most of the main story (just doing some last minute grinding before taking on the E4!) in the past couple of days and I've really enjoyed it. I have a few questions.

1) Can you obtain a Ditto in the game? I want to create a living Pokedex and it's going to be extremely tedious if I have to rely on the mysterious eggs at pewter for starters and other unobtainable pokemon.

2) On that note, where can you obtain the Elgyem line, the Axew line, Terrakion and the Kalos starters you didn't choose at One Island?

3) Can you get a Lucky Egg in the main story? I read a reply somewhere that said the secretary of Silph Co.'s president gives you done but I'm not able to get that.

Thanks in advance!

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Thanks for responding. Since I'm not using any Dark or Ice Types, i'll wait a little to update to newer versions.

BTW, is your Emerald hack an original hack or a revisit of Hoenn like Kanto Black?

Original hack, new region. It will borrow many features from Kanto Black (talking about things like the battle facilities, mini-games, difficulty modes, etc). Best of all, it will have most of the new generation stuff because of the Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade, a huge relief for me. I might've mentioned this before, it will have 100+ TMs since I haven't tinkered with the TMs or related data. ;)

Mystery Man's only thread in his account seems to be this one, so you're prolly confusing him with someone else.

I have alluded to working on another hack a few times. In due time, I shall have another thread in my account. :D

Any chances of adding Hidden Grottoes? I know it was a big thing in Black 2 & White 2 so I thought I would suggest it for this game.

It really does fit. I might use it for 7th generation Pokemon if I do add them. I'll look into it a little more.

Great hack, man! I've played through most of the main story (just doing some last minute grinding before taking on the E4!) in the past couple of days and I've really enjoyed it. I have a few questions.

Awesome, thanks! :D

1) Can you obtain a Ditto in the game? I want to create a living Pokedex and it's going to be extremely tedious if I have to rely on the mysterious eggs at pewter for starters and other unobtainable pokemon.

As far as Ditto, not yet. All that is left are the egg moves, which unfortunately looks to be extremely tedious to do.

All Pokemon should be obtainable without too much difficulty. There is an egg shop in Four Island that sells you eggs with the starters and other Pokemon that are not obtainable a second time (i.e. Zorua, Larvesta, Eevee). You can also get the Unova starters in the Cinnabar Island lab.

2) On that note, where can you obtain the Elgyem line, the Axew line, Terrakion and the Kalos starters you didn't choose at One Island?

You can get both Elgyem and Axew in the Celadon Game Corner. Terrakion should be in Victory Road. The other Kalso starters you can buy in the egg shop. :P

3) Can you get a Lucky Egg in the main story? I read a reply somewhere that said the secretary of Silph Co.'s president gives you done but I'm not able to get that.

It used to be that way, but I don't think it is too necessary now with the Sevii Islands. You can get a Lucky Egg in Rainbow Isle for some BP.

Thanks in advance!

Responses in bold. :P

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Thanks or the reply!

Also, is the Amulet Coin in the game? I'm thinking I'll need a lot of money for everything between the eggs and the evolution stone (which cost too much imo)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Thanks or the reply!

Also, is the Amulet Coin in the game? I'm thinking I'll need a lot of money for everything between the eggs and the evolution stone (which cost too much imo)

Same as Lucky Egg--BP exchange center in Rainbow Isle. Also, it might be a prize for one of the trick house puzzle.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2020
update im playing beta 2.04 and the guy that revives fossils is nowhere to be found in the cinnabar island pokemon lab. where might he be? is it bugged ):

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
update im playing beta 2.04 and the guy that revives fossils is nowhere to be found in the cinnabar island pokemon lab. where might he be? is it bugged ):

He moves to the Two Island Game Corner once the Sevii Islands' quests are activated. I should probably have him in both locations to stop confusion. (The main reason for him being in the Sevii Islands now is for earlier access to the fossil Pokemon.)

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
One last question! How many Flabebe forms are there in the game, and could you tell me what the colors are?

EDIT; Can't find the dungeon where you're supposed to find Kyurem, Landorus and Keldeo. Any hints? Help with Victini would also be nice!

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
One last question! How many Flabebe forms are there in the game, and could you tell me what the colors are?

EDIT; Can't find the dungeon where you're supposed to find Kyurem, Landorus and Keldeo. Any hints? Help with Victini would also be nice!

Yellow, white, orange, blue, and pink, iirc. While Eternal Flower is in the hack, I don't think I've made it obtainable yet.

You can find the first three in Cerulean Cave. Their portals appear only if you have the other Pokemon in their group in your party (i.e. for Keldeo, you need Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion in your party). As for Victini, go beyond the waterfall in the cave in Rainbow Isle.

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Alright so I've finished my living Pokedex! I have the week off so I did it while doing other things haha. Some minor bugs / typos in relation to the Pokemon themselves.

- The Thick Club item calls itself an item for Yamask and Marowak.
- The female Unfezant as the U accented while the male doesn't. Is this intentional in order to tell the two apart?
- Female Pyroar doesn't have a cry.
- Helioptite doesn't have a cry.
- The Eeveelution's cries don't sound quite right.
- Snivy's Pokedex entry has a typo - it should be photosynthesize, not photosynthesise
- Sewaddle's Pokedex entry mistakenly calls Sewaddle, Leavanny.
- Espeon's Pokedex entry needs a space between 'theweather'

Overall I've really enjoyed the game! I can give my save file to anyone who wants it :)

Back