• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSP Emulation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    i can successfully patch the roms but on every hack i try to start up just doesnt work.... i downloaded to versions of the roms to do the patching just to make sure it was a clean copy and i still cant get any of the hacks to work..im using the latest psp firmwere and gpsp

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2010
    can you play regular ones with no problem? like fire red? becuase sometimes when i play the hacks like shiny gold it'll sometimes say that its a bad rom or somthing so test it out on a non hacked rom

kebengau

i didn't kill the chikorita:D
    Years
  • what firmware?? and wat gpsp version??

i've been playing a lot of hacks in my psp..
    almost 25 pokemon hacks..

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    what firmware?? and wat gpsp version??

i've been playing a lot of hacks in my psp..
    almost 25 pokemon hacks..
    gpsp is newest and and same with my psp 5.00 m33-6 or somthing like that

can you play regular ones with no problem? like fire red? becuase sometimes when i play the hacks like shiny gold it'll sometimes say that its a bad rom or somthing so test it out on a non hacked rom

ye i can play regular ones fine.. but i wanna ply platnium light and those other cool hacks..

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    Latest PSP firmware? Garbage.
    Downgrade son. What PSP model do you have?

lol i do have custom ...latest custom witch is 5.00 m33-6 and i can run other games fine its mostly pokemon platnium light

Sepher

Pokemon Elite Fan
    Years
  • I'am all so having problems with my emulation. I can load most of the hacks, except for Pokemon Chrono, and some of the FireRed hacks like Liquid Ocean and Infernal Legend say "There is another save file do you want to over write?" I choose yes and I get "Error, please exchange the backup memory" Those to won't save but will play but others just get a white screen. I have CFW 5.00m33-6. And my emulator is gpSP Kai 2.00 or something like that.

13ullseye.

Sexy Time
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    Use a lower Version of GPSP, or try patching a cleaner rom.

ive downloaded multi roms to patch the games and still no luck....i have a feeling that if i use the computer gba emulator and run pokemone platnium then make a save and then transfer the save to the psp emulator it wioll work ...but heres the thing i cant get any comp emulators to work on my comp to make a save file so if somone could make me a save file named Taylor and just save directly at the biggining that would be great :) oooo and the game is pokemon platnium light for gba

Years
  • Hmm.
    I've tried out all the ROM's you guys mentioned, and I'm having no problem.
    I'm using gpSP 3.2 and I'm running 3.80 M33-5 firmware.
    As someone said above, I think your best bet would be to downgrade.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Hmm.
    I've tried out all the ROM's you guys mentioned, and I'm having no problem.
    I'm using gpSP 3.2 and I'm running 3.80 M33-5 firmware.
    As someone said above, I think your best bet would be to downgrade.

But I have UO gpSP Kai, the newest one, forgot version, and I am running on a 2000 Slim, with CFW 5.00 m33-6, and I am able to play all my games just fine. I am able to save normally and everything. Trust me, it isn't the firmware version, it never is.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO PLAY POKEMON BLACK & WHITE ON PSP I HAVE LATEST GPSP KAI AND 5.50GEN-3 BUT WHEN THE GAME WAS PLAY AND IVE CLICK THE "NEW GAME" THE WHOLE SCREEN HAS BECOME WHITE

BUT I'VE TRY OTHER HACK'S LIKE CRONO AND LIGHT PLATINUM AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY

Last edited:

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • have you tried starting your psp in v1.50? (hold down on your D-Pad as your psp turns on).

this works sometimes. for a few roms on my SNES and GBA emulators that only play when i do this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    But I have UO gpSP Kai, the newest one, forgot version, and I am running on a 2000 Slim, with CFW 5.00 m33-6, and I am able to play all my games just fine. I am able to save normally and everything. Trust me, it isn't the firmware version, it never is.

try updating to the latest custom firmware - 5.00 m33-6 isnt the latest
    i have 5.50 GEN-D3 i believe that there is a GEN-D4 version but its
    not as stable

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Is yours the phat or the slim?? and Use kai, since its thats the one specifically for M33, Last time I had a PSP, I had 2.8 m33 or something LOL

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • try updating to the latest custom firmware - 5.00 m33-6 isnt the latest
    i have 5.50 GEN-D3 i believe that there is a GEN-D4 version but its
    not as stable

Did you not see the date I posted that. It is an old comment, from like 6 months ago, when GEN sucked.

GEN as a whole is unstable when using Homebrew.
    GEN is the Piracy-Friendly CFW, I personally use M33 as;
    1: I trust DaX, not saying I don't trust GEN, but their firmware isn't complete enough for me to want it.
    and
    2: The homebrew and plug-ins I use are M33 Exclusive, and most ether don't have GEN support, or DO have the support but are really buggy.

M33 is the best CFW as of yet, with GEN close behind, but still... I don't like the incomplete feel of GEN...

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • Did you not see the date I posted that. It is an old comment, from like 6 months ago, when GEN sucked.

GEN as a whole is unstable when using Homebrew.
    GEN is the Piracy-Friendly CFW, I personally use M33 as;
    1: I trust DaX, not saying I don't trust GEN, but their firmware isn't complete enough for me to want it.
    and
    2: The homebrew and plug-ins I use are M33 Exclusive, and most ether don't have GEN support, or DO have the support but are really buggy.

M33 is the best CFW as of yet, with GEN close behind, but still... I don't like the incomplete feel of GEN...

What do you mean incomplete???
    GEN is used alot more than M33 nowadays since dark-alex hasn't made any new custom firmwares. Most of the time you can find the plug-ins you want just by using google. i'm on a 3000 and i use gen-c.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • What do you mean incomplete???
    GEN is used alot more than M33 nowadays since dark-alex hasn't made any new custom firmwares. Most of the time you can find the plug-ins you want just by using google. i'm on a 3000 and i use gen-c.

But there are more homebrew for M33 than GEN, which is why I use M33, I am a homebrew person, I don't use ISO's... which GEN is better at...

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2012
    Hey guys????Can u tell me how can i play pokemon crono and flora sky on gpsp?????The other hacked roms works for me but these 2 cant.It just shows up a white screen.........pls help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back