• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Christian Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I mean no offence and apologize to any Christians who are offended but lolz this is fun.

POKEMON: THE CHRISTIAN CHALLENGE

Rules
    • Players will not evolve their Pokemon. Catching and using an evolved form, however, is acceptable.
    • Players may not catch, train, nor use moves of the following types: Dark, Psychic and Ghost.
    • Pokemon must reach level 22 before set in daycare to breed. Two Pokemon of the same gender may not be in the daycare at once.
    • If players obtain a Pokemon Egg, it is their duty to keep said Egg on them and train the newborn until it has reached level 18 before depositing or releasing.
    • Legendaries must be killed. None may be caught.
    • Pokemon may not be resurrected from fossils, and players should avoid Research Laboratories at all costs.
    • HM Slaves are not allowed.
    • Players may not gamble at Game Corners and the use of self-improving narcotics (e.g. Zinc, Calcium, Rare Candy) are strictly prohibited.
    • Ekans, Arbok, Seviper and Serperior are off-limits. Players may not catch, nor train them.

You may do this challenge on whatever version you please. When signing up, please state your chosen game. Please try to post updates! You lose if you can't finish before The Rapture.

Must give credit where credit is due:
    http://chzpokememes.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/pokmon-arceus-used-sacrifice.jpg

Christians
    Penatrait - Pokemon Emerald
    Sydian - Pokemon Emerald
    mondays rock - Pokemon SoulSilver
    dragon of the omega variety - emerald
    3DGlasses - volt white (whatever that is)
    647 - light platinum
    dirty rambo - pokemon emerald

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh Alex, how I love thee. I didn't really wanna do this, but honestly lol, I must. Updates will come far and few in between probably, because I am doing the event also, and warming up to my religion WILL TAKE TIME.

I WANNA BE ATHIEST. jk.

RSE_Lady.png

Sydian - Emerald
    I plan on using this team btw:
    Torchic, Roselia, Jigglypuff, Phanpy, Clamperl, and Heracross
    And maybe ocassionally another party member, since this team is really spread out (seriously, Torchic vs. 2 gyms all alone then Torchic and Roselia vs. 2 more gyms alone)

Also, I just wanna point out for anyone else that signs up on RSE, don't hatch the Wynaut egg. It's a trap. You can't train a Psychic type to level 18. You'll go to Hell.

PS: When we finish, we should be popes, priests, etc. lolol

First update in an ugly spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Y'all are cowards. Every single one of you!!!

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    this made my day being hindu xD
    oh joy
    I might join this ^^

I'll think about it! GL to all people joining!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hey y'all, I'm retarded. Roselia isn't in Emerald. DERP. After running around in the grass for five minutes, I realized that. So I'll use Tropius instead of good ole Rosie. So yeah, as if my team wasn't spread out enough, lol. But anyway, here's where I stand. Just gonna raise these other Pokemon to help me out some more I guess, cause obviously, I have a long way to go til my next team member. 5 gyms with only ONE main party member. Hoo. Rah. tbh, I would solo it til then, but the fact that I can't evolve the Torchic makes it harder. It's gonna need the extra help, however I'm still going to keep it way ahead of the temporary party members in terms of level.

RSE_Lady.png

Player: Lekah
    Game: Emerald
    Badges: 2

Spr_3e_255.gif

Ashkenaz / Torchic (m) lv. 26 @ Everstone
    "fire that spreads"
    Ember, Peck, Scratch, Sand-Attack

Spr_3e_074.gif

GEODUDE (m) lv. 10 @ Quick Claw
    Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud Sport

Spr_3e_285.gif

Sarah / Shroomish (f) lv. 17 @ Miracle Seed
    Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Tackle

Spr_3e_183.gif

Joshua / Marill (m) lv. 13 @ Silk Scarf
    Water Gun, Tackle, Tail Whip, Defense Curl

Also have a level 18 Taillow in the PC that helped me against Brawly, but I don't think I'll be using him anymore. I have another Geodude and a level 10 Nincada in there too. I was trying to stock up on Geodudes to see if they had Everstones btw. lol That's why I ended up not naming the one that's in the party rn.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As if it wasn't already challenging enough having Christian as my name...

Anyway, it's not like I have anything better to do, and just to be a total rebel - or at least as much of a rebel as the christian fundamentalist nutcase I'm going to have to RP here can possibly be, I'll play Soul Silver*. Because doing otherwise might signify that I don't have a Soul, that I already sold it to the devil. And that would be horrible, wouldn't it?
    Unfortunately I'm not into that "RAAAAH SAAATAAAN"-kind of black metal at all, this would be the perfect moment for letting it play along in the background. Oh well, while it would have gotten me into the right mood for this challenge, I will have to do without.

*Mainly because that way I can't accidentally let a Pokemon evolve at 5000% speed

I'm not quite sure what my team is going to look like in the end. At all. The ways of the lord are mysterious.

#####

So, I played for over an hour and just now got some god damn Pokeballs. Is it just me or is the forced tutorial in HGSS the lengthiest of them all? Ugh, what a motivation drain.

By the way, why are HM slaves forbidden? Not even 200 years ago, most so-called "Christians" had no issues with Slavery.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • By the way, why are HM slaves forbidden? Not even 200 years ago, most so-called "Christians" had no issues with Slavery.

I asked him this the other day. He said he was going for modern day Christianity instead of back then. It's not in the original rules though, so idk. But it's what he put, so oh well. Also, I think DP and BW have even worse beginnings/tutorials than HGSS.

lmfao I've decided my character Lekah is going on a pilgrimage through Hoenn. She was sent by her parents to fight the sinners of the region with her Christian morals and guidelines to how her team should look (made in His image!), which includes gym leaders and...DUN DUN DUN. HER OWN FATHER. Ultimately, this will lead her to Hell (aka: the Pokemon League) and she will fight Satan (Wallace) himself. HURR HURR.

Years
  • So I converted the rotten heathen Falkner using an incredibly diverse team:
    Spoiler:

And now I have to hatch that stupid Togepi egg and keep the useless thing until almost forever
    cry.gif

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Lmao why is no one doing this challenge? ;-;

dragonomega - Emerald (:3c)

I'm looking forward to doing this challenge. It'll probably be amazingly hard. But I'm willing.

Team I'll use cause' I'll probably forget. ;;
    Mudkip, Seedot, Nosepass, Magneton, Swellow & Torkoal.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • RSE_Lady.png

Player: Lekah
    Game: Ruby
    Badges: 3

Spr_3e_255.gif

Ashkenaz / Torchic (m) lv. 37 @ Everstone
    "fire that spreads"
    Ember, Peck, Slash, Sand-Attack

Spr_3e_074.gif

GEODUDE (m) lv. 25 @ Quick Claw
    Strength, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Defense Curl

Spr_3e_183.gif

Joshua / Marill (m) lv. 16 @ Silk Scarf
    Water Gun, Tackle, Rollout, Defense Curl

I'm in Fallarbor now. Probably going to mull around for a Skarmory to use for Norman's gym after I beat Flannery. Yeah, since that gym is next, that's why I bothered to keep Geodude and Marill around. However, Marill sucks and I don't know of any other Water types I can get at this point. I plan on using the Dig TM on Torchic anyway, so with a level 40+ Torchic and that Geodude, Flannery should go down like cake. It's Norman that's my main concern at this point though. But after him, I'll finally be able to get my second permanent party member, and then it's only up from there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    Since this looks like fun,sign me up for this on VW
    Will hack everstones so I won't accidentally let them evolve,mkay?

Years
  • I've been both lazy as usual and unusually busy recently, all I managed to do since my last post was catching a Bellsprout, used it to convert some heathen hikers (How did that work? It was the will of god, that's how it worked), and traded said Bellsprout for an Onix named "Rocky". We shall call him Petrus, though*. As of now, Purgatory is punishing sinners while being at level 20, while the apostle is a couple levels lower. He is no true believer yet, he still has doubts. As a punishment and totally not because I am just lazy: No pictures, movesets or anything. Not that at these low levels there might be anything surprising I am using...
    That - I would really, really like to put a couple of not very nice words here, not nice at all - Togepi still hasn't hatched btw.

*when I get along to playing some more, I might even edit the savefile and actually rename that Onix... I have no idea how that works, but I've done it in the past, so there must be a way.

By the way, Soul Silver is so slow, I don't even need everstones, and while I am relatively bad at paying attention to things, I'm not that bad. Who would have thought that curse might actually be a blessing in some way?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Why no Ghost types?
    Christians do believe in souls and spirits ...

We do? We believe in the Holy Spirit. Most Christians (here at least, and I'm in the Bible Belt) don't believe in poltergeists and the paranormal. So that's why no Ghosts, I'm assuming.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    Good for me,
    Finally got VW to work and I'm starting to play now.

What's the challenge's view about Zen Mode Darmanitam?
    And Appliance Rotom?
    Also, just to check, legends even if not Drak/Psy/Ghosts are not allowed right?

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Okay, whoo. In with Light Platinum (it's a hack).

I think I'll attempt image updates, actually. Hope that won't bother anybody.

EDIT: Nope, too much effort. I'm lazy.

I'll just post snippets or something.

A nightmare about legendaries and then suddenly im plot-relevant without even having a pokemon. This chosen one thing came on a bit too fast.

Okay, now Team Steam (the Team Rocket of this game) has marked me to death. Great.

Got a Bulbasaur, named Whatever cause I'm so binning this thing anyways.

Wait, what? A safari zone in the first city i visit?

Got a Trapinch, called Haniel. I'm going with the Kabbalah for naming pokemon here. Hey, it's Judeo-Christian.

... and it's first move is Bite. *looks at moveset* Oh. Oh.

*bins*

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Since this looks like fun,sign me up for this on VW
    Will hack everstones so I won't accidentally let them evolve,mkay?

Yes you can hack everstones.

Good for me,
    Finally got VW to work and I'm starting to play now.

What's the challenge's view about Zen Mode Darmanitam?
    And Appliance Rotom?
    Also, just to check, legends even if not Drak/Psy/Ghosts are not allowed right?

No Zen Mode Darmanitam. Just keep the sheer force one.

You can use any rotom apart from the regular formed one. None are ghost types.

No legendaries. All must die, no matter the type.

Can you do me a favour and specify which game you're doing this on? Thanks

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    Yeah, Volt White. But lost the save and have to restart TT.TT
    Will have an update ready by tomorrow

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back