• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: TSK's Shiny Chance Changing tool[v2.1 released: Graphical User Interface, Ruby support]

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 29, 2018
I could have edited that 8 bit value and the maximum shiny chance would have been 255 divided by 65535 or 1 in 256, decent odds but I wanted to be able to do better.

If you implemented this change instead, would it avoid the other bugs mentioned in this thread such as the dex pokemon all being shiny and encounter rates being much higher than they should be? If so, would you consider releasing a version of the tool that works that way? 1 in 256 is good enough odds for me.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah so I used this tool, current version btw, on my Ruby, it worked fine until I chose my starter, then when the battle started, the screen went black and the emulator crashed. So any suggestions? I made the odds 1/50.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Can someone link me to a compatible Ruby and Emerald for this please? I believe my rom crashed because I wasn't using the proper Ruby rom for it.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
I know this is an old thread, but will there ever be Gen 4 support for this? (Specifically SoulSilver?)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2017
This tool doesn't even work properly. I put in 1/4098 for the shiny chance in Fire Red and I get a shiny pokemon every two encounters. To test it out more, I made it so its 1/8192 chance to get a shiny and the same thing happened.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
This tool doesn't even work properly. I put in 1/4098 for the shiny chance in Fire Red and I get a shiny pokemon every two encounters. To test it out more, I made it so its 1/8192 chance to get a shiny and the same thing happened.

Yes this happens to me as well. Perhaphs a patch to the tool could fix this but I'm no programmer so I wouldn't know.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 10, 2018
Hi, I was wondering if you could add sapphire support? I don't have a ruby rom and everywhere i search the rom got deleted. If not that's fine it's cool.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 13, 2018
Hello! I was wondering if the tool works on randomized ROMs. I randomized a normal Ruby and it was picked up fine by the program, and I was just wondering whether that's just a little technical thing that doesn't work on this or not. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
The final check for shininess compares a 16 bit derived from the Pokemon's PID, the Trainer ID and the Secret ID to an 8 bit value, which is 8 normally. If the 16 bit value is smaller than the 8 bit value the mon is shiny. So under normal circumstances 8(0-7) out of 65535 values result in a shiny, or 1 in 8192. I could have edited that 8 bit value and the maximum shiny chance would have been 255 divided by 65535 or 1 in 256, decent odds but I wanted to be able to do better. I decided to use an in-place replacement of the instructions to avoid that users that had already altered their ROMs would not have any of their edits overwritten or corrupted. In order to get the needed space for this I had to change the way the 16-bit check value is determined.
Okay, so what where do I go in the ROM to edit the shiny rate that way?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 1, 2021
I don't know how to feel about this this tool. I just tested it and made the percentage for shinies to 0,025% (1/4000) and everything seemed fine. I had 100 Pokemon in my PC and none of the were shinies. Also non of my Party Pokémon were shines. So I went for a shiny hunt for a shiny Growlithe. After 10 min I encountered a shiny Ekans. I thought, that I just got lucky, but 2 min later I found another shiny Ekans.
And well, 1 min later I found a shiny Pidgey. I don't think, that I'm that lucky, so can anyone give me advice, how to make this program actually set the percentage of shinies to 1i4000 or 0.025%?
Maybe I'm just bad at maths.

edit:
Using the Numerator and Denominator seemed to work. Haven't found any shines in 20min.
So don't use the percentage thingy. ;)
Please fix it. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
i tried to open the download file but it wont open. it is a rar as well so idk how to open it. maybe a video tutorial to help those confused?

Back