• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Two Regions!

Years
  • johto-kanto-map.jpg

Everyone knows that once you complete your adventure in Johto, you have the opportunity to travel and explore all of the Kanto region. Being able to explore two regions is a pretty incredible feature, especially since it has yet to ever happen in another game (not including the remakes HGSS.)

Did you like this feature in G/S/C?

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Well probably everyone liked it since it just gave more story and challange to the game.
    Personally i loved how it was done and i would love to see it in other games but there was some things i disliked, like how it had considerably less story than the johto part of the game, i felt like i was rushing from gym to gym very quickly with little to no story in between gyms. I did like how they used the same poke league even tho having 2 would also be pretty cool

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2018
    I L-O-V-E-D this feature! It was so nice to revisit an old region. All the new changes to Kanto and the impact that Red had in the previous game. It was really sweet and heartfelt. Seeing the story overlap aaaaahhhhhhh.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I loved this feature and it's easily my favourite aspect about the Johto games. I really hope we get to see another set of games that takes place across two regions.

Guest123_x1

Being able to go through two regions, particularly going to Kanto after beating the Pokémon League was my favorite thing about Generation II. It's too bad no subsequent generations (excluding the remakes HG/SS) repeated this concept (partly given that all the subsequent regions are further away from their immediately-preceding region).

Back