• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting back into Pokemon; RMT

darkfighter

That random guy
Years
  • I've recently got back into competitive pokemon play (The last I've played, Excadrill was still OU!). For now, I just slapped together a team and began to play. It's decent, IMO, but could still use alot more work.

This is mainly a stall team, revolving around Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Blissey.

SREEBGUBEA (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Power Whip
    - Leech Seed

Ferrothorn serves as my main lead, and his main job is to set up Stealth Rocks, and is also a prime force of defense. The rest of the moves are obvious. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are STAB and Leech Seed allows him to stall even more.

JUVZFVPBGG (Whimsicott) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Protect

Whimsicott is my alternative lead, and answer to other walls and setup. While this set has been used by perhaps thousands of other players, it serves it's purpose in this team.

FXNEZBEL (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Brave Bird
    - Whirlwind
    - Roost

Skarmory's main goal is to set up spikes, and blow away threats with Whirlwind. It is also a great pokemon to stop physical sweeps and setups. Brave Bird allows Skarm to fight back, and Roost rests off the damage while laughing at electric users.

OYVFFRL (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Thunder Wave
    - Protect
    - Seismic Toss

Blissey is the special tank, and her main goal is to cripple as many pokemon as possible. The Wish-Protect set is also invaluable to keeping my members alive.

PUNAQRYHER (Chandelure) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Pain Split
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball

Chandelure covers fire weaknesses, while at the same time allows me setup with a sub while the opponent switches out. I prefer this guy over Gengar not only because of Flash Fire, but also because of great type coverage and immense attacking power.

FPVMBE (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite

Scizor is the other half of my offense. It is my best answer to Reninculus, which was previously a problem to this team, and is also an excellent revenge killer. U-Turn lets me safley switch into whatever wall I feel like.

And...that's my team. It's not that great, but I want to make it better. Sugegstions are welcome.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For Ferrothorn, use a Relaxed nature with 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef.

You have a pretty nasty Fire weakness there. Outside of Chandelure and Blissey, Pokemon like Heatran and Volcarona, as well as Sun teams, can rip this team apart. I'd replace Whimiscott with something like Jellicent or Heatran to help against those types:

Jellicent:
    -Scald/Surf
    -Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
    -Recover
    -Taunt
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

or
    -Scald
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover
    -Shadow Ball/Ice Beam
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/36 Def/220 SDef
    Ability: Water Absorb

Heatran:
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
    -Stealth Rock
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon

or
    -Lava Plume
    -Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
    -Stealth Rock/Roar
    -Protect
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe

You can even incorporate both Pokemon in, but you have to figure out who else to take out for yourself.

darkfighter

That random guy
    Years
  • @PlatinumDude

Thanks. I was trying to figure out how to get rid of that immense fire weakness. Originally, I did have Jellicent on my team, but I figured out Zapdos pretty much walled my whole team unless Jellicent managed to use Toxic on it. I might take out Scizor, seeing as he doesn't make of much use for this team other than taking care of Reinculus.

I'll test it out now to see how it works.

Back