• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU/NU Semi-Rain Dancing Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    I'm extemely incredibly awfully dreadfully and extraordinarily new to competitive battling and everything associated with it (such as breeding, ev's, etc). I usually just play the games as it is and breed for baby pokemon ... heh. I'm just wondering if this team is even possible (made it on smogon) to create in a pokemon game + would it do well in competitive battling?

Lead-Screens/Stealth Rock
    Corsola (Corale)
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: Light Clay
    EV Spread (?): 255 HP/ 255 Speed
    Moveset: Stealth Rock, Reflect, Light Screen, and Mirror Coat
    Used to create the most sturdiest defenses for my team since it's mainly a mixture of pokemon weak to special atk and physical atk moves. Stealth rock is an obvious choice and Mirror Coat is there 'cause of low speed and mediocre special defense. Equaling in some decent damage on a special sweeper. Light clay is to lengthen my teams defenses.

Rain Dancer #1/Tanker
    Quagsire (Neo)
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Item: Damp Rock
    EV Spread: 255 Attack / 255 Speed
    Moveset: Rain Dance, Recover, Stockpile, Waterfall
    Used to dance very smexishly in return for rain. Doubling it's speed and coupled with it's very nice attack stat equals in good damage with Waterfall + bonus for flinchax. Stockpile for defense and Recover for emergencies.

Rain Dancer #2/Special Sweeper/Healer
    Ampharos (Shiny)
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Static
    Item: Damp Rock
    EV Spread: 255 Speed / 255 Special Attack
    Moveset: Rain Dance, Thunder, Heal Bell, and Focus Blast
    Rain Dance/Thunder for 100% STAB accuracy. Heal Bell for annoyers and Focus Blast to deal with ground-types.

Special Sweeper/Minor Annoyer
    Grumpig (Fortune)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Item: Mystic Water
    EV Spread: 255 Speed / 255 Special Attack
    Moveset: Calm Mind, Psychic, Hidden Power (Water), and Toxic
    Wither away enemies with Toxic and use Calm Mind to boost up already awesome special stats. Psychic for stab and Hidden Power/Calm Mind/Rain Dance for epic lulz.

Special Sweeper
    Mantine (Radio)
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Item: Leftovers
    EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Defense
    Moveset: Aqua Ring, Surf, Ice Beam, and Twister
    Aqua Ring for self-healing and Surf for STAB. Ice Beam to deal with Grass and Twister/Ice Beam to deal with Dragon Types. Twister also makes an epic Mantine.

Physical Sweeper (FINALLY!)
    Relicanth (Hurricane)
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Rock Head
    Item: Life Orb
    EV Spread: 252 Spd / 252 Special Defense
    Moveset: Waterfall, Head Smash, Earthquake, and Double-Edge
    Two powerful recoil moves on this guy? Rock head takes care of that. Waterfall and Earthquake for STAB.

Comments, suggestions, (flames), and is this a possible team to create in-game?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Never use 255 EVs on anything. For each 4 EVs, you gain one extra stat point. 255 =/= divisible by 4. Put 252 on both main stats, and 4 on something else you could use(usually HP)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    Bump!

It's been a long time and I still need more critiques. :c

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back