• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want a pokemon game that takes the lead from the anime but expands and exceeds the previous limits

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    The elements that I want are:
    * Real pokemon training where you get to understand each other and he get direction on what to do so a battle is less of you treating the pokemon as a puppet rather a team effort.
    * 3 dimensional real-time battles (though the nature of a pokemon-trainer makes it nearly turn based because your relationship slows it down) with simulationist like weakness and strengths and use of battle field objects- open flat fields are rare. Rather than PP there is a meter system so you can't use the most powerful attacks straight way. A break from the rather rock paper scissors of types rather it makes physical sense so some pokemon will need type and move changes. For instance I think dragon is secondary type for which the primary elemental type is the weakness and strength. Make fairy largely same as flying as weakness/strengths. I would be fine with actual pokemon death if you use an overpowered pokemon attack on a weak opponent but mostly pokemon just faint. Even trainer injury from reckless uses of a pokemon.
    * You can see the pokedex for any pokemon (which gives a good idea of how to fight that pokemon but not everything about them which you still gain by experiencing and capturing). There is an alternate pokejournal where you have to collect records of battle and training experience- you collect all the combinations of moves and get bonuses for clever uses of them.
    Every things costs Poke and can cost real money however you can't buy pokemon but buy pokemon styling. The pokejournal also represents experiences for the Pokemon so they gain moves and evolution opportunities.
    Very little story- you could have complete the Pokejournal. You have friends and very rarely NPCs. A chance to put the awesome parts of the anime but not limited by them. Pikachu versus Espeon Battle Frontier is awesome.

Years
  • I've always really, really wanted an anime-style Pokémon game. Things like what Pokémon you can use and how strong they become being based on the field (fish/sea creature-inspired water types have an advantage in the water and can't be used on land, for example), more complex battle system (like Ash using his Pikachu's Iron Tail to knock away certain moves in battle), a choice-based story, and things like that. But sadly it's probably very complex and something we may not get for a while, if at all. Luckily Pokémon has been innovating more lately though, so there is a possibility we'll get a more complex game.. but I'm not counting on it to be as complex as I want haha.

Back