• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Red going to be featured in the new Pokemon movie ?

Artificial Amateur 2

Artificial Amateur 2
Years
  • We all know that the 20th pokemon movie : I choose you is going to released on 2017. We also know that the trailer of this movie was released four days ago . Certain things in this trailer lead people to believe people that Red is going to be featured in this movie .

For those people who dont know anything about Red , here is the link which has a lots of information about him . So I highly recommend reading it before you check this out . Here is the link : http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Red_(Pok%C3%A9mon_Trainer)

Well without further a do , lets get started !

First of all , if we see the 0:36th minute in the trailer , we could see Ash deciding that he would battle Ho - Oh and try to be friends with him. We all know that Ho - Oh , the legendary Pokemon resides in the Johto region. Hence we can say that Ash might be in the Johto region.

Moving on , in the 0:42nd minute of the movie , we could see a series of mountains covered with snow . The only mountainous region in the Johto region covered with snow will be Mt.Silver.

Well , On the 0:43rd minute of the movie , we are exposed to an old man who is wearing a hat that resembles to the hat worn by my Avatar . Well , guess what ? My avatar is none other than the great Red himself .

He already knows the effect of the snow storm which was about to hit that place. Well , who knows Mt.Silver better than Red himself because some theories state that after completing the Kanto pokedex , Red went on to train his pokemon in Mt.Silver.

So , does this pokemon movie actually connect Pokemon timelines ? Is that old guy really Red after he grew old ? These questions will only be answered by the Pokemon Movie .

Hope you enjoy this thread ! I will like to thank Tokyosaurus for inflicting this idea on me ! Feel free to leave your opinions and views on this thread .

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Recall that Ash sees Ho-Oh at the end of the first episode of the series. It was not identified at the time and did not receive a name and clear look until the Johto seasons, but he did see it in the first episode and that's why Ho-Oh is being featured in the upcoming movie. We also saw in the latest trailer new not yet seen characters and Pokémon outside of Gen 1, so it looks like this movie isn't in a set generation or region that we know of. The character you're thinking may be Red could infact be Red, but it also could just be someone who looks/dresses like him as a reference to him to honor the original games.

Artificial Amateur 2

Artificial Amateur 2
    Years
  • Yeah , but if u look at the trailer closely , the companions travelling with Ash have a Pipplup and Lucario respectively which means that they might be from the Sinnoh region !

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Red will never be in the same anime as Ash

This. Amazing how many people have forgotten that Ash is meant to be Red's anime counterpart. It wouldn't make sense at all for them to exist in the same continuity as each other.

(Especially when the show *already* has a second Red counterpart in form of Richie. I'd rather see the FRLG girl finally be acknowledged and used for something instead of getting Red Counterpart #3.)

Years
  • It's not known if Red exists in this movie since he never co-exists with Ash, but there is an old man in the movie who does wear a hat that resembles Red's original hat.

Pi25

Wandering
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    They already revealed who the older guy is and his name is Bonjī. He is apparently a researcher who has been looking for Ho-Oh for a good portion of his life.

Back