• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nightmare Fuel

pkmin3033

Be it by design, visual limitations, or just coincidence, there are some games that have elements to them that are just plain...disturbing. What are some moments of pure, indiluted nightmare fuel that you've encountered in video games, horror or otherwise?

This thread is sponsored by Ooccoo...and all the kids in Twilight Princess. Because they didn't just cross uncanny valley, they dug an entire trench through it.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Hahahahaha the moment i opened this thread, I sort of knew what it was about.
    I'll find more stuff, but for now this is the one.
    So this one's from SMT IV Apocalypse, and this was particularly disturbing, even excluding what it did during that scene:
    Spoiler:

It was a really harsh turn of events that took me off guard.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Contributing here with, well... most of Tales of Berseria, even if I'm clearly biased! There are tons of moments that can qualify and that really break you down, but that's probably not necessarily "nightmare fuel" as much as it is just well executed, dark plot.
    The one true nightmare fuel moment that will always stand out to me? Meeting Kamoana. And whatever happens in that occasion. That can get very disturbing and very intense!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • One creature comes to mind instantly... C&C Renegade's Visceroids.

I hate these things with a passion for all the jumpscares they've given me. Especially when they pop up right in my face cause I wanted to use tiberium based weapons.

Note to self, those things have a chance to spawn those ugly blobs of hell.

Despite that theres 2-3 guaranteed to spawn no matter what you do, and it's unavoidable too so im always having 2nd thoughts when entering those areas cause those things just... no get away from me

Back