• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Kiwami

NexusMHX

Patriarch of the Watanabe Family, A Tojo Clan Subs
Years
  • Updated on 9/20/2021

OSiyGOd.png

Introduction
    Pokemon Kiwami is a fan-made story-driven 3 styled game.

This game derives from the roots of SEGA's Yakuza series without the beat em up aspect for obvious reasons. With the help of Enterbrain's RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials starter kit by Poccil, Maruno, and Flameguru, I present to you what I have. This project started about a few months back. It was always a lingering thought that I've had for a long until I felt like I had to act on it.

I've been a fan of the Pokemon series since I was a wee lad who just got Pokemon Platinum. I'm a Gen 4 dude and I will classify it as the best gen to ever exist. Yakuza on the other hand has been an interesting relationship over the years. I was browsing through Youtube one day when I noticed a Youtuber by the name of Devilleon7. The game series that he was playing interested me to get Yakuza 3 which I instantly fell in love with. So now, I have a "love child" of the two series that I enjoyed the most in my life.

This game contains a lot of aspects from Yakuza, revolving around the central plot and substories that I've basically given the idea of having all characters having Japanese names. It is the Japanese mafia after all. Though I hope won't mind.

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Caelin
    A region of blooming prosperity. Due to the region's size, Pokemon Academia was created to serve as both a university and a central hub to access most parts of the region. However, all peaceful times must come to an end. Caelin's criminal underworld takes a dark turn when the Sato Alliance, a criminal organization declares war on rivaling organization, the Heishi Clan. With underground forces readily willing to kill to protect their secrets, this war seems to lead to more questions than answers.

31432b29a381ebda96402b5c46cd3014.png

Features:

• Gen 8 Pokemon including Crown Tundra Legendaries (though most likely not implemented unless I'm feeling extra evil)
    • Mega Evolution (When will the player get it? Not now. I'm still having a hard time with the coding aspect)
    • 10 "Gyms".
    • 13 Chapters of story.
    • 100 quirky substories. (Miniature stories that could be a break from the pacing of the game) They can be triggered by anything and anyone. A common trope in the Yakuza series.
    • Almost all starters will get a new ability
    • No HMs required! Sorry, Bidoof.
    • The Caelin Region allows you much to explore!
    • Hard Level Caps based on the number of gym badges and instances in the story.

trainer000.png

Pokemon games tend to follow the formula of a silent protagonist that takes the place of an avatar towards the player. However, following the ideas of Yakuza, the story follows a central protagonist in the depths of a criminal empire. Meet Makoto Ryuen. A young man who is passionate about Pokemon battles and helping others, beating every single Yakuza that he comes across. See how a civilian is thrown into the Yakuza conflict that would ultimately change the history of the region and the criminal underworld.

Demo 1.0 Download

Progress Bar

Credits
    Spoiler:

Music Credits
    Spoiler:

Public Scripts
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Kiwami Team
    NexusMHX

Last edited:

Ahmad Adnan

Unknown Elite
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    But wont the fps be slow if u r making it with pokemon essentials it can be a really smooth and fast game if u make it with Pokemon sdk though anyways i love the idea

Years
    • Seen today
    Many people don't even know what pdsk is lol

Besides a lot of pokemon essentials game aren't slow

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2023
    1.)Can you go to jail like in yakuza like a dragon
    2.) Can you join a crime organization
    3.) Can't wait for the first release

NexusMHX

Years
  • Update #2.
    Game production has been on halt (not like it actually started. I still don't know everything about Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker XD).
    But I did plan for something. When the release of the demo is going to come. That's going to be at Relic Castle's Summer Game Jam, so I have the ability to have people being able to give me feedback about my game so I can know what I'm doing. Hope to be able to keep you guys updated on everything.

NexusMHX

Years
  • Alright, everyone. Update #4
    This time, I actually placed all the credits that needed to be placed. Thank you Golisopod User for the heads up. My brain wasn't thinking much at the time. However, that doesn't really excuse me from this error. So I've taken the liberty of posting all of the stuff that needed to be posted on the platform for the time being. It will slowly be updated as progress comes along. And a google sheets document will also be placed here to keep track of progress. Thanks for the patience in all of this. I hope that you enjoy Demo 1.0! Seeya guys when Demo 2.0 Final Mix (I hate this joke too) comes out.

Back