• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ho-Oh is superior to Lugia... and here's why!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ok we ALL know Ho-Oh is the coolest. Lugia fans unfortunately are not aware that Ho-Oh is infinitely better. This was done recently somewhere else on the Internet and I think it's a fun thing to do!

So! Basically this thread is come up with as many reasons as to why Ho-Oh is better.

Lugia fans: You're free to make your own thread... but we all know Ho-Oh is the best ;)

1. Ho-Oh is fire type and can burn down Lugia's entire cave if it wanted.

Let's see how far we can go! In each post list a new reason as to why Ho-Oh is better :) Now go!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tek
    Years
  • 2. Ho-oh's theme is a bit better I have to admit. It keeps its intensity the whole way and I love the Japanese influence to it.

Lugia is still better though

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The best fire birb. Meanwhile, Lugia isn't even a water birb. It isn't even a birb. What is it even, and why. Ho-oh at least is something.

Reactions: Tek

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • At least Ho-Oh has a typing that would make sense, where as Lugia's typing is a bit questionable.

Also design-wise way more beautiful.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Ho-Oh's name. It is exactly the same if reversed. What's Lugia? Aigul? It's practically a Wingull!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lugia avoids burn damage with Sub and proceeds to toxic stall Ho-oh to death. Checkmate :)

Also, Ho-oh is quad-weak to rocks.

Aha but! This is practically a Ho-Oh fanclub so we don't take to bad words about Ho-Oh here very kindly! #11... Ho-Oh wins because it is obviously the most loved here ;)

Tek

Years

Ho-oh has clearly superior tail feathers. Its tail feathers are in a different class altogether.

In fact, the degree to which Ho-oh's array of tail feathers dazzle is at least an order of magnitude higher than Lugia's tail feathers. Science proves this. Just look at those feathers.

You see? Science.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Ho-Oh is better offensively with that 130 base attack stat and Sacred Fire and Brave Bird.

Sacred Fire is magnitudes more useful a move than Aeroblast.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ho-Oh has probably left gold at the end of a rainbow. What's Lugia done? Made a whirlpool? Lugia please.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • The word HO-OH is always the same whether you flip it horizontally or vertically. No other Pokemon name (especially Lugia) is that symmetrical.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Girafarig

I never realized this before oh my god

Either way, while Lugia looks kind of scary, Ho-oh is simply beautiful <3

f01.jpg

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
  • That thing in the sky Ash saw when he started his journey, so long ago, was a Ho-Oh! The story of the burnt tower just makes gen 2 one of the many things I like about it.

Back