• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Super Training on Essentials?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2023
    So I recently finished adding Pokemon Amie on my game and was about to try to make a Super Training version for Essentials but then thought whether it is actually worth it. What are your opinions on Super Training? Some people dislike the mini-games while others didn't mind. Is Super Training worth working on for Essentials?

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I mean certainly you don't need online functionality to still have use for an easier way to EV train. If a game has anything like a battle frontier/subway/etc,, it would definitely get use.

The real problem is the basic idea of what super training is, which is that it's an action oriented 3d mini-game utilizing a touch screen. It was literally built around the 3ds, and the 3ds only.

If your goal is to make an easier way for players to gain EVs, I would much sooner look into a way to do that via the battle system. So, horde battles, sos battles, etc..

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    You could code the summary screen to display a Pokémon's IVs and EVs and add the EV gain to the display text after the experience gain.

Back