• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: MEGAMAN BN 7 Lost Dimesion BETA 1 RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Ooooh~ A Megaman hack based on Pokemon! Well, since you asked, I would like to see Gutsman and Colonel in the game. Oh, and I will also be keeping an eye on this. :P

DarkMidnightNova

Unique Hacker
Years
I forgot to mention that even though this is a Megaman hack of Pokémon FireRed I will surely try to give it the essence of a Megaman game.

SOOOOooooooooo, just like in the battle network games, in my hack, when Megaman loses all his HP and faints (or once your whole party is defeated) it basically means GAME OVER. You'd have to restart the game the last place you saved from. You'll see what I mean in the game when Beta 1 is released.

Once you lose a battle, Megaman is essentially deleted, just like in the battle network games. This will make the game and the battles much more challenging and rewarding wouldn't you say? ;)

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
An idea for adding extra navis to your team could be baised on short legendary type events like in pokemon, sort of like a challenge cup set up. you can have it so after a certain event, you talk to the net-op in the real world and ask to link their navi to your PET so you can use it and you have to find the navi on the net and defeat it with some sort of special stipulation. for something like bass, that would be a challenge in and of itself. its very challenging to try to keep the same difficulty of megaman in a pokemon game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2020
I've been waiting for this beta, being as I am rather fond of the Battle Network series. I've seen this attempted before but they didn't get as far as releasing anything at all, so you're already winning on that front. Anyhoo, having played the beta, here are my thoughts:

First off, this is way better than I expected it to be. I can see you've put the effort into creating that MMBN feel, and the super-deformed FR-style sprites work really well (the reworking of the FR old man into Dr Wily stands out for me, although Dr Hikari maybe needs some work). The Net Navis don't look horribly out-of-place in the real world, it's all consistent while at the same time making the Net clearly different to the real world. The only thing that would really make things much more authentic is if you were somehow able to edit the circles you stand on in battle to look more like the grid squares from BN, but that's a minor quibble at best. Oh, and maybe Megaman's head should move a bit when he walks, the staticness of his head is a smidge weird.

As far as difficulty goes, I found that with the bare minimum of grinding, I found myself one or two levels above most enemies, and felt challenged rather than unfairly outclassed. Some earlier comment said the Mega Buster might be took weak. It's not, not with STAB anyway. Besides, it's supposed to be weak, it's the bleedin' Mega Buster. Just so long as it's not Constrict weak, we're good.

I arrived at the Mettaur2 before I learned Heat Gun and was still able to beat it with some effort and a few BusterUps, for example. Even without heal spots at the start of areas, the amount of meds you're given should see you through. That said, Protoman decided to just spam nothing but Swords Dance and Agility when I battled him. I imagine I'd be having a rather different reaction had he 2HKO'd me before I could do anything. Maybe lower Swords Dance to BusterUp for that battle? Also, I have a personal dislike of using evasion boosters to turn battles into luck-based rather than skill-based affairs, but got a laugh out of it being called Copy-Paste.

Oh, and you seem to have this thing about apostrophes, in that you've mastered the possessive but can't seem to use them as contractions eg. don't, can't, you've, won't. Might want to fix that. And by might I mean 'please do.'

Overall, this is a great first beta. I'll be keeping watch on this as it develops, because it's got real promise.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
I really like this so far! It's new, original, and unexpectedly great! I really like the gameplay, and the only problem I can find in this is the lack of versatility in the moves. Maybe you can make TM's re-useable? That way, you can change your moves at any time, giving more of the feel of the Megaman games.
Anyways, I really like this. Keep up the great work! I am waiting for the complete version of this. I wish you the best of luck:)

DarkMidnightNova

Unique Hacker
Years
I've been waiting for this beta, being as I am rather fond of the Battle Network series. I've seen this attempted before but they didn't get as far as releasing anything at all, so you're already winning on that front. Anyhoo, having played the beta, here are my thoughts:

First off, this is way better than I expected it to be. I can see you've put the effort into creating that MMBN feel, and the super-deformed FR-style sprites work really well (the reworking of the FR old man into Dr Wily stands out for me, although Dr Hikari maybe needs some work). The Net Navis don't look horribly out-of-place in the real world, it's all consistent while at the same time making the Net clearly different to the real world. The only thing that would really make things much more authentic is if you were somehow able to edit the circles you stand on in battle to look more like the grid squares from BN, but that's a minor quibble at best. Oh, and maybe Megaman's head should move a bit when he walks, the staticness of his head is a smidge weird.

As far as difficulty goes, I found that with the bare minimum of grinding, I found myself one or two levels above most enemies, and felt challenged rather than unfairly outclassed. Some earlier comment said the Mega Buster might be took weak. It's not, not with STAB anyway. Besides, it's supposed to be weak, it's the bleedin' Mega Buster. Just so long as it's not Constrict weak, we're good.

I arrived at the Mettaur2 before I learned Heat Gun and was still able to beat it with some effort and a few BusterUps, for example. Even without heal spots at the start of areas, the amount of meds you're given should see you through. That said, Protoman decided to just spam nothing but Swords Dance and Agility when I battled him. I imagine I'd be having a rather different reaction had he 2HKO'd me before I could do anything. Maybe lower Swords Dance to BusterUp for that battle? Also, I have a personal dislike of using evasion boosters to turn battles into luck-based rather than skill-based affairs, but got a laugh out of it being called Copy-Paste.

Oh, and you seem to have this thing about apostrophes, in that you've mastered the possessive but can't seem to use them as contractions eg. don't, can't, you've, won't. Might want to fix that. And by might I mean 'please do.'

Overall, this is a great first beta. I'll be keeping watch on this as it develops, because it's got real promise.

Why thank you for your evaluation and feedback I really really appreciate it :) Making a pokemon game feel like a Megaman game is tough haha. I agree some moves may need some improvement and certain moves are just renamed to be funny LOL ill use contractions ;)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
Whenever i'm trying to download the hack, it shows a 1x1 gif image file, because someone hacked this forum right?
Sorry for reviving this thread, but i want to download the hack :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Whenever i'm trying to download the hack, it shows a 1x1 gif image file, because someone hacked this forum right?
Sorry for reviving this thread, but i want to download the hack :(

Unfortunately, the attachments were lost so you can't get them on the forums. This is in Progressing Hacks so it never had a lot of progress or a lengthy release, but maybe someone has it on their PC and could send you a link with the patch.

However this is an old thread, so I'm closing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back