• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate my Hail Team!i!i!

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Hey All! This is my first hail team so when you rate, go hard on me.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers?
    Ability: Snow Warning
    252 Spd/252 atk/4 SpAtk
    Hardy
    - Blizzard
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Wood Hammer

Abomasnow is for setting up hail without having to use up a turn. He also can defeat water types with Wood Hammer. Blizzard is a 100 % accuracy, 120 power, STAB move.

Mamoswine @ ???
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    252 Atk/200 spd/52 SpAtk
    Lonely
    - Earthquake
    - Blizzard
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Mamoswine is my physical sweeper and switch in to electric or ground types.

Gliscor @ Quick Claw
    Ability: Sand Veil
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 def
    Docile
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge
    - Arial Ace

Gliscor checks fire and fighting types who can defeat abomasnow and other ice types. I can also switch him in to flying types that threaten Abomasnow.

Wallrein @ Leftovers
    Ice Body
    220 Hp/252 def/36 spd
    Naughty
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    - Blizzard
    - Toxic

My staller/annoyer. Can Use a combination of toxic, substitute, protect, ice body, and leftovers, to wall many pokemon until they die of poison/hail/blizzard.

Machamp @??
    No Guard
    252 Hp/252 Atk/4 spe
    Lonely
    - DynamicPunch
    - Toxic
    - Stone Edge
    - Seismic Toss

Destroys rock/steel types along with Gliscor. Can also poison pokemon he has a harder time with.

jellicent @ Leftovers
    252 HP/252 SpAtk
    Impish
    - Psychic
    - Surf
    - Blizzard
    - Toxic

Check for fire types. Might switch with Glaceon.

Well, please rate. The things I need the most help with are the EVs and the items. Thanks!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • First off, you'll need to go with the exact natures on your Pokemon (Hasty/Naive/Lonely/Naughty/Rash/Mild on Abomasnow, Adamant/Jolly on Mamoswine, Bold/Calm on Walrein and Adamant on Machamp). Impish is a no-no on Jellicent, since it uses special attacks.

Also, Jellicent is better with this:
    -Scald/Surf
    -Toxic
    -Recover
    -Taunt/Blizzard/Shadow Ball
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb/Cursed Body

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
  • A Sun team- good or not- can probably run over this team with just Ninetales. It already has an obvious advantage over Abomasnow as a weather inducer and with a combination of Flamethrower/Toxic can leave many of much of your team crippled without breaking a sweat (even in the blistering heat :p). Jellicent also isn't a very good check since it can be Toxic'd and Surf doesn't do much suprisingly due to Drought and Ninetale's good defense. Ninetales is also a very mediocre fire type, so yeah...

I'll run through each of your Pokemon since I really love Hail. The advantages Hail has over other weather is 100% acc Blizzards and 6% damage everything but Ice types. Abomasnow is also the one of the slowest starters so speed is an almost nonissue. Run a Quiet nature (+SpA, -Spe) to give it the ability to just spam STAB Blizzards while abusing its passable bulk and resistances. Never run a neutral nature like Hardy or Docile since there is always a better nature EVERY TIME. Wood Hammer hits pretty hard even with no investment so just run a simple 252HP / 252SpA spread. There are a couple of benchmarks with the Atk stat but that's largely unnecessary imo. I'd also consider Leech Seed over Focus Punch to outstall some 'mons Abomasnow can take on like Starmie. Leftovers is a good item for it, since it provides survivaliblity for weather wars an such.

Mamoswine will want this moveset: Earthquake / Ice Shard / Icicle Crash / Blizzard. Life Orb gives Blizzard the necessary kick to 2HKO max HP Skarmory even with no investment. Just make it a Lonely nature (+Atk, -SpD). No Mamoswine should leave home without Ice Shard, since it provides too much utility to be put aside.

Make Gliscor have the ability Poison Heal along with the item Toxic Orb.Gliscor is a good Pokemon on Hail teams because it will heal more health than lost by Hail! It also stops Excadrill and some Tyranitar from running over this team. I feel that a defensive Gliscor set (as opposed to the tank) could fit this team better. Taunt / Toxic / Earthquake / Facade make for a good anti-stall Pokemon and a general annoyance to the opponent. The spread 244HP / 188Def / 72Spe works well.

I think StallRein would be better with a Bold nature (+Def, -Atk), but I'm not so sure. I believe Walrein sucks... so good luck with that.

Machamp is one of my favorite fighters. I used it a lot in DP and it's still good thanks to No Guard. I think this might be an overall better lead than Abomasnow. It should have Dynamic Punch / Stone Edge / Ice Punch / Payback with either Lum Berry or Leftovers. It takes care of most weather starts and confuse hax is just so freakin' good.

Use the Jellicent set above me, it's the standard and it works very well. I'd just consider 88 Spe EVs to outspeed Skarmory and other Skarmory trying to get smart with an extra speed point. Overall, my suggestions should have this team function a bit better, but there are still some inherent problems such as Volcarona or other weather teams.

darkfighter

That random guy
    Years
  • Abomnasnow works alot better as a Subseeder lead. No one will be dumb enough to have a water out for long.

Try this moveset. I use it for my Hail Team:
    -Subsitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Blizzard
    -Grass Knot

Also, There are some pretty good powerhouses that work well in Hail Teams. The 1st is Rotom-F. People underestimate him, but he is the only pokemon to have STAB on the pesuedo Bolt-Beam combo. Combined with passable bulk, Rotom-F can be a tough one if the opponent doesn't have a pokemon ready to counter him.

Rotom-F @Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+ Spd, -Atk)
    -Blizzard
    -Thunderbolt
    -Pain Split
    -Hidden Power (Fire)

The above moveset is pretty much the Ice-type version of a Bulky Rotom-W.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I feel like every lead ever runs Flamethrower, so Abomasnow will die ;)
    Poison Heal / Hyper Cutter on Gliscor.

Back