• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mugshots via ASM

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
Show me a screenshot of the tileviewer.
Is your sprite shown correctly there in pal0?
If not, check your sprite offset and your sprite pointer in table.

mrtienduc1999

Banned
Years
Pal0, it's Ok. I got a sprite: 16 color, 64x64 pi but it doesn't show. I think image was error but i don't understand why! Tileviewer doesn't have my sprite. If i tell with event of script, main sprite will change pallete.

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
The hero sprite uses Pal0 and thats why it changes when you call the code.
Use a palette that is on YOUR map shown as black in the PALETTEVIEWER.
Furthermore, please send me the offset of your image and check out if it
starts with "10 00" in the hex-editor (LZ77-header-check)

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Great work ..... 2 mughshots at a time are more realistic... but can you tell me one thing.....
Firstly i have a hero in a map with ow pal 0 and if i set the pal for my mughshot to 0, will there be any data overwritten(incorrect palette loading to any of them)???
Good tutorial though :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 25, 2019
I've tried to do this 5 times and they've all failed. They all froze and crashed except one. The code worked and showed the mugshot, but it was cut off in the middle and the map was glitched out and the palettes and tiles were messed up. Please HELP!!!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 24, 2022
Hello guys,

I have an issue with this routine.
I wanna make the routine work for the german fire red version and changed already the 0x08-offsets in the routine and ive tried. It worked, but unfortunately the mugshot only appears for a frame, hides in the second frame, appears in the third frame, and so on.
Also the mugshot didnt appear after the script was finished.

Here is the routine with my changes:
Loading.asm:
Spoiler:

removing.asm:
Spoiler:

I colored the adresses from the original routine red.

Ive figured already the following:
- The mugshot will disappear after the script, when i changed the OAMBUFFER offset in the loading routine, but when i do this, the mugshot will appear completely black
- The DEST offset is correct
- The 0x08-offset are correct too (otherwise the game wouldnt show me the mugshot)

So i think i need to change the 0x02 offsets in the loading routine
Did you guys know the correct WRAM-offsets or did you know ways to find the correct WRAM-offsets?

Years
Hello, I have trouble following this tutorial.

Where do I need to insert the .equ TABLE, 0x80(TABLE) ?

I suppose the Loading.asm is broken as it's empty, so I downloaded the one from the original tutorial, but that doesn't help me either as I would probably need to declare the table but I don't know how. Does someone has the code from that Loading.asm?

Also, do I need to create the .bin files for every table? Or will it search for the tables starting that offset, bc I inserted mine (6 tables) starting at 1FFF000.
So Table 1 goes from 1FFF000 - 1FFF00D, Table 2: 1FFF010 - 1FFF01D, ...

Thank you for the help

Best regards,
Xero3C

Back