• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yet Another Negative Change to the Section

Spoiler:

Where are the links to the subsections that used to be sprawled out across the bottom underneath each section's link? I have specifically minimized the useless sections of PokeCommunity so that I only see our section, but now it takes multiple clicks to get anywhere from the homepage. I'm using Color Flattered X as my forum style, and the Fan Games section itself has been broken since we were merged with fangames (yet another terrible decision). So if the direct links to the subsections are there with one click to get to them, I can't use them either.

Spoiler:

Is it so much to ask to not have useless, negative changes made without any warning or feedback? I suspect that we'll be reshuffling the ROMHacking section soon again as well now that we have a new mod, because why would we stick with anything that somewhat works when we can make things worse? That'd be preposterous for this section!

Bela

Banned
Years
  • I've moved this here so that it gets the attention it deserves. If anyone has any commentary to add about the romhacking and fan game forums section's placement, feel free to do so.

As for me, I'll have to somewhat agree. While romhacking and fan games are both creative works, and I can understand the reasons for putting them together in one place, I think some additional member input about this decision would be valuable.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Speaking as a member of the development team here, we'd really appreciate this kind of feedback a lot more if you didn't open these threads with such a level of hostility right off the bat - things could go a lot more smoothly that way and you wouldn't be alienating the people you're trying to make suggestions to. Is it reasonable to be this upset about a minor change made by volunteer staff on a Pok?mon fan website?

As for the subforums, you're not using a supported theme. I posted an announcement about this a few months ago; only themes that display in the dropdown in the page footer are currently supported, all others are archived, and while they're still accessible from the options menu, we're not bothering to update all their various quirks and inconsistencies and are instead focusing on finishing the UI Update to bring all the themes into a unified framework. For the time being I recommend using a supported theme if you're having issues with certain page elements not displaying on older themes.

Not gonna comment on the categorization of hacking and fangames because that's an HQ thing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    As for the subforums, you're not using a supported theme. I posted an announcement about this a few months ago; only themes that display in the dropdown in the page footer are currently supported, all others are archived, and while they're still accessible from the options menu, we're not bothering to update all their various quirks and inconsistencies and are instead focusing on finishing the UI Update to bring all the themes into a unified framework. For the time being I recommend using a supported theme if you're having issues with certain page elements not displaying on older themes.

I can't see sub-forums in any of the themes

Back