• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to send a Pokemon to the computer if there is no space in the team?

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Hi!

There is some command for this?
If I have 6 Pokemon in my team, I want that it gets into the computer the Egg or Pokemon that give me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::species,level)
Adds a pokemon. If the party is full its automatically sends to the pc

Don't know about eggs though

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Adding Eggs that can go to the PC is difficult. There's no easy method for it - you need to piece it together yourself:

Code:
species=PBSpecies::TOGEPI
dexdata=pbOpenDexData
pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,species,21)
eggsteps=dexdata.fgetw
dexdata.close
poke=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(species,EGGINITIALLEVEL,$Trainer)
poke.calcstats
poke.name=_INTL("Egg")
poke.eggsteps=eggsteps
pbAddToPartySilent(poke)
You'll also need to include a message. The reason why pbAddToParty isn't used is because it gives the name of the Pokémon being added, which you don't want to show because it's an Egg and the player shouldn't know the species.

Frankly, you shouldn't have a situation where the game wants to give an Egg to the player when they have a full party. It's messy, and rather uncaring if you send an Egg straight off to storage.

To give the player an Egg when they have a free space in their party, simply use pbGenerateEgg(PBSpecies::TOGEPI). You'll still need to add in your own message. The Wiki has more information about Eggs (and about giving Pokémon too).

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Thank you, but I believe that it me will not work.

I put this in an event to obtain random Eggs in a lottery
i=rand(247)
Kernel.pbGenerateEgg(
PBSpecies::CATERPIE,1
)if i==0
Kernel.pbGenerateEgg(
PBSpecies::WEEDLE,1
) if i==1
Kernel.pbGenerateEgg(
PBSpecies::PIDGEY,1
)if i==2

Or for this:
p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(
PBSpecies::ARCEUS,100,$Trainer
)
# Arceus Eigakan Event
pbAutoLearnMove(p,PBMoves::JUDGMENT)
pbAutoLearnMove(p,PBMoves::ROAROFTIME)
pbAutoLearnMove(p,PBMoves::SPACIALREND)
pbAutoLearnMove(p,PBMoves::SHADOWFORCE)
# Add the Pokemon
$Trainer.party.push(p)
I need it for these two things.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Just include a check before playing your lottery, so that you can't play with a full party. Then you can use your code just fine. This is by far the best and simplest solution.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Just include a check before playing your lottery, so that you can't play with a full party. Then you can use your code just fine. This is by far the best and simplest solution.

Good idea!
Thanks you :)
--------------

Back