• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which battle was most memorable?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not only did these incredible games have an awesome battle theme - they also had awesome battles to go along with it! Which battle stood out the most to you? Was it Whitney and her impossible Miltank, or maybe that time you faced your rival later in the game? Or maybe a funny NPC? Which was it for you? :)

battlepikelucy

Randnet
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2017
    to be honest it's a tie between the battle with whitney or against E4 will because i love his design and it's the first E4 battle you have : p

Years
  • Definitely Clair. I just always remember her and her darn Kingdra so well. So much trouble, but I love her!

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Jasmine because none of my Pokemon were good against that freaking monster Steelix. That and I was blown away by a cute little girl having this massive steel snake. It was so awesome!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Chuck because during my first run I lost the first few tries. I then went to train my Pokémon when suddenly my Flaaffy evolved into an Ampharos and acquired Thunderpunch. Then I went back and was able to defeat his Poliwrath. Iit definitely felt like a crowning moment of awesome; I always imagined that anime-style that would've been a mid-battle evolution.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Clair for sure. I didn't even have a strategy back then to take her Kindra down, and the Dragonair gave me trouble too. Gotta love dem n00b days lol but I do remember the feelings of excitement when I first beat her, and the frustration of her not giving her badge xD

I always thought it was a hilarious irony that Whitney and Clair, the two most troublesome gym leaders by most peoples recollection, don't instantly give there badge up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I remember Gen 2 having some of the toughest gym battles, especially if you didn't have teams built for them. Clair and Jasmine were monsters. Steelix and Kingdra remained in my nightmares for quite some time D:

But the toughest battle of all imo.......Lance...... Lvl 50 Outraging Dragonite was a behemoth.

Years
  • Clair and Jasmine are up there for me, they were really cool gym battles and are memorable for me, but nothing beats Red imho, battling him sticks out for me because at the time I had no idea it was a thing, I didn't use the internet to see the contents of Pokemon games all those years ago so it was an amazing surprise.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    Morty with his Curse. Ugh so difficult before I knew any better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    The gym battle with Clear for the location, the right with Red for the atmosphere.

(I would like also to submit in the trainer schedule something like ". . . " )

Last edited:
    Back