• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 8: Numeracy!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
"What I want you to do now is simply post a number in this thread. No two people from the same team can post consecutively (if you do you're both eliminated) and everyone that posts correctly will receive points. You may only post once. The last person from each team will be eliminated. Lastly - anyone with less than three points by the end of the challenge is eliminated.

Here's a hint:

1. 1
2. 1
3. 3
4. 1
5. 2
6. 2
7. 3
8. 1
9. 2
10. 2
11. 1
12. 3
13. 2
14. 3
15. 3
16. 2
17. 1
18. 3
19. 2
20. 3

Anyone who doesn't post is out; the deadline is no less than 12hrs, no more than 24."

I'm just thinking - is it a pattern or just random numbers? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Since everyone needs at least 3 points by the end of the challenge to not get eliminated, I think the numbers might be tied together with points awarded for the challenge.. I'm thinking the second number might represent the amount of points you get.

I'll volunteer to be the last poster. If the points thing is the case, the safest bet is for both of the ones with 0 points to go for the 3 pointers, and the rest simply pick numbers that will get them at least 3 points.

If we agree to go with this idea, Nakuzami and Guildmaster Wigglytuff should be the first two posters of our team, picking either number 3, 7, 12, 14, 15 or 18. The rest of the team can go for 3-pointers if they're left, but otherwise just go for the ones that'd give you enough points to survive.

There's a chance that the second numbers won't mean anything, but that'd mean that only 2 people from each team would survive.

Last edited:
Years
My theory is that the numbers are the points given to the poster if they give the correct number. For example, 14. 3, if the 14th poster gets the number correct, they get 3 points.
But that's just a guess. I don't know if that's how it actually works, and I don't know what the correct number is for each poster.
Anyway, it looks like Olli, Naku, and I might be eliminated if we don't get 3 points. And if my theory is correct, being the 12th, 14th, or 18th correct poster will get us three points since we can only get the even numbers now that the other team has posted first.
Again, I am just guessing.

edit: or what Olli said

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
it says nothing about posting the same number twice, does it? there are twenty of us and twenty numbers. i think the first person posts 1, the second person posts 1, 3rd posts 3, etc. Troye already posted 20, i believe he is wrong. he should have posted 1. now i think im just gonna post 1 because we're next and that makes sense. if this is accurate then at least one member of team ludicolo will be eliminated because they have more members than us. more will be eliminated if they ♥♥♥♥ it up.

i do hope dave is awarding at least two points to people who do it right bc otherwise holy ♥♥♥♥ is that a lot of people gone :(

edit: you all might be right about the points thing. shall we combine the ideas? to keep everyone safe, this must be the format:
(L is a ludicolo)

1. L
2. Marisa/Christos/Forever
3. L
4. Marisa/Christos/Forever
5. L
6. Wobbu/Leijon/Anna
7. L
8. Marisa/Christos/Forever
9. L
10. Wobbu/Leijon/Anna
11. L
12. Nakuzami/Olli/Guildmaster
13. L
14. Nakuzami/Olli/Guildmaster
15. L
16. Wobbu/Leijon/Anna
17. L
18. Nakuzami/Olli/Guildmaster

Last edited:

Olli

Years
On second thought, it's probably not my idea, didn't notice there were 20 people left in the game. I think Wigglytuff's idea sounds pretty solid though, considering we need to get something correct. I don't think the order in which we post is gonna mean anything though, since otherwise someone would have to get eliminated to get something right.

Years
Well acatfrommars just posted after Troye, eliminating himself (Troye has an invincibility token, so I guess that saves him?). So now I guess we get the odd numbers, assuming nobody else from their team makes the same mistake.

It also looks like the next poster gets 3 points if their number is correct. So if Naku wants to post now, the 3 points are yours, if our theory is correct.

edit: acatfrommars deleted his post. Maybe it still counts? Idk anymore.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'll post to claim the one point but what do I post...? Number 2 or?

Actually should I post 1?

Olli

Years
I already said I'll be posting last, so I won't be posting until shortly before the deadline.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Perhaps when Antemortem says "everyone that posts correctly will receive points," he means so long as we post in a proper order, meaning Ludicolo then Spheal, rinse and repeat? 'Cause otherwise, I'm not sure what a "correct" post would be.

Also, Team Ludicolo is going to be forced to have two people post consecutively at some point. Taking that into consideration, at least one Spheal and two Ludicolos will be eliminated, assuming everyone reaches three points.

Oh goodness I'm confused.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Posted, we should all post the number next to our post number just to guarantee our safe try since it's the safest bet. Also thanks olli for volunteering you're a cool guy :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
uhhh i wish there was a verdict from dave for that

but i mean here's what we're doing if we still have evens? name - number you should post

1. L
2. Forever - 1
3. L
4. Marisa/Christos - 1
5. L
6. Wobbu/Leijon/Anna - 2
7. L
8. Marisa/Christos - 1
9. L
10. Wobbu/Leijon/Anna - 2
11. L
12. Nakuzami/Guildmaster - 3
13. L
14. Nakuzami/Guildmaster - 3
15. L
16. Wobbu/Leijon/Anna - 2
17. L
18. Olli - 3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Can someone catch me up?? Am I still in?
it's our turn to post, only nica has gone from our team, we're debating whether or not acatfrommars' post will mess up the order because our theory is that we are getting the points beside the post number and we should be evens but if his post counts then that shifts us to odds and we have to rethink

you're still in

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
♥♥♥♥ OUR ORDER'S ♥♥♥♥ED LET ME RECALCULATE WILL EDIT THIS POST IN A MIN
> set in stone
1. Troye
2. acatfrommars
3. Forever (now probably has +3 pts)
4. Synchronous

> plan
5. Wobbu
7. Guildmaster/Nakuzami
9. Leijon/Anna
11. Marisa/Christos
13. Leijon/Anna
15. Guildmaster/Nakuzami
17. Marisa/Christos
19. Olli

This will keep everyone safe but Olli. but i dont want to give up on you birdie ;___;

Last edited:

Olli

Years
The only other option would be to have Christos buy an invincibility token and then post last, but I don't know if he can actually do that in the middle of the challenge, and it'd put him under 3 points which I'm not sure is worth risking. So I'm fine with going last :p

Also Nica, you'll have to change the number in your post to 3 since acatfrommars's post counted. Hopefully you see it in time, but if not, thankfully you already have 3 points.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
kk posted three, sorry didn't know the other dude's post counted :c

Olli

Years
Completely fine, everyone was a bit confused, but apparently you can't delete posts, so tough luck for him.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I don't think the order matters, it should be fine as long as we don't post consecutively, and I think "correctly" is not posting a number that has already been posted.

Though Anna's plan looks fine and it'd be safe to follow that even if order doesn't matter, Team Ludicolo is very likely going to post some of our numbers, and might also get some of our 3-point numbers, which means we might run out of 3-point numbers and either Nakuzami or Guildmaster won't be able to get 3 points by the time it's their turn.

They get to post 5 more times before Nakuzami or Guildmaster and there are 4 3-point numbers left. Either Nakuzami or Guildmaster will get one of these, so it's a risk for the one that's left. We can stick Anna's plan though for now, but if both the next Ludicolo members post 3-point numbers then it's a problem.

Back