• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Heliodor - Feature Expansion of Emerald

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Where I can get the other starters?

Also, not sure if intentional but I got the Bulbasaur egg twice.

Every time you beat the Elite Four, that guy will have a new egg ready with one of the 9 starters. It's a random choice out of those, so you just got unlucky to get Bulbasaur twice in a row. Next time you beat the Elite Four, you can save in front of him, though, and keep resetting until you get one you'd like (using the visible types as an indicator).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Every time you beat the Elite Four, that guy will have a new egg ready with one of the 9 starters. It's a random choice out of those, so you just got unlucky to get Bulbasaur twice in a row. Next time you beat the Elite Four, you can save in front of him, though, and keep resetting until you get one you'd like (using the visible types as an indicator).

Thank you!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Did you change the rock smash encounters in Granite Cave? I've been trying to get Nosepass but literally nothing happens when I smash the rocks there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Did you change the rock smash encounters in Granite Cave? I've been trying to get Nosepass but literally nothing happens when I smash the rocks there.

Sorry about that. Rock Smash encounters are actually broken. It was identified and fixed a while ago, but hasn't made it into an official release yet. The nightly builds available in the Discord server contain the fix, though. Alternatively, you could load your save in Emerald to do the encounters before transferring back to Heliodor.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've completed the Hoenn Dex and now I am looking for a Lapras but it doesn't seem to be anywhere... is it a gift Pokémon like in FR/LG?

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Hey, we have been working for a while (longer than I want to admit lol) on an updated summary screen o/
    We still have some stuff to do, but we are pretty close!
    AknGFAv.png
    IfXMN0j.png

pZn8dxr.png
    CNPnSWk.png
    uFJHeWD.png

41pNsQO.png
    ATsym40.png

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Hi everybody!
    You can test the new Summary Screen in the latest nightly build.
    Download it from the Discord: https://discord.gg/zsZEsa5q7D

Message from Citrus Bolt:
    I'm going to merge the new Summary Screen over to master, so it'll be included in the next nightly. Any attempts to break it and find any edge case bugs would be much appreciated! Note that it currently doesn't show contest info, but specifically if someone could try to view mons at the Battle Frontier and in Contests (if that's even possible, I don't really know lol), that'd be great.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    We're do you get the starters at in the battle frontier

The trader at the Frontier that used to give Meowth now has one of the Kanto starters, although there is also a man at the southern Ever Grande Pokémon Center that will give an egg containing one of the Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn starters, and he will obtain a new egg every time you defeat the Elite Four.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    v007 has finally been published!

Changes:
    • The Trainer Card can now be customized at a terminal in Pokémon Centers.
      * When linking with Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen other player's Trainer Cards are now displayed as they are in the player's game.
    • Numerous graphical changes have been made.
      • Tiles and overworld sprites have been modified to fit the style of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen.
      • The Summary Screen has been reworked and now resembles the Summary Screen in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
      • The Bag has been reskinned.
    • Text has been decapitalized to match the style of Generation 4.
      • A few text issues have also been fixed.
    • Event tickets can now be shared with other players via Mystery Gift and Record Mixing.
    • Pokémon can now be found in puddles and in trees through the use of Headbutt.
    • Standard encounters in grass now have a 10% chance of being a Double Battle.
    • Mass Outbreaks have been redesigned to be more common and more diverse.
      • Swarming Pokémon are also now more likely to be Shiny.
    • Two new Powers have been added.
      • Prize Power now affects money earned from Pay Day.
      • An active Power can now be cancelled to start a different one
      • Power Points now get wiped when starting a new game.
    • A prompt will now appear to place a newly caught Pokémon's held item into the Bag when sending the Pokémon to PC storage.
    • "B" is now accepted as valid input when sending a newly caught Pokémon to PC storage after nicknaming it.
    • The nurse at the Pokémon Center now has different greetings depending on time of day.
    • Encounter mechanics have been altered.
    • A bug has been fixed that stopped wild Pokémon from being found under breakable rocks.
    • Fly can now be used without actually learning the move.
      • The check for Surf has been fixed.
    • Mewtwo no longer respawns early.
    • Roamer quest respawn mechanics have been altered.
    • The main menu items have been changed.
    • The Battle Frontier in-game trade has been fixed.
    • The Unown event is now triggered correctly.
      • The encounter rate during the event has been lowered.
    • Certain cases of illegal PID and TID generation have been corrected.
    • Pokémon can now gain EVs through battle after they reach level 100.
    • Experience point mechanics have been slightly tweaked.
    • Catch rate mechanics have been tweaked slightly.
    • Pokémon with high friendship levels now gain various bonuses in battle.
    • e-Reader Trainers now correctly represent the Class printed on the card.
    • Move targets now persist between turns in double battles.

Many thanks to Jaizu for a bunch of help on this update, especially with the Summary Screen, and working with the new tiles and overworld sprites; and thanks to hyo for drawing the new player character sprites!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2022
    I'm glad you're enjoying the project!

The event tickets are all obtainable, although some are easier to get than others:
    • Old Sea Map: This will be given to you at the Cove Lily Motel after registering all non-mythical Kanto Pokémon in your Pokédex.
    • Mystic Ticket: This will be given to you at the Weather Institute after completing the roamer quest (capturing Latias/Latios, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.) The roamer researcher at the Institute will mark the active roamer as "seen" in your Pokédex to help you track it down easier.
    • Eon Ticket: After defeating the Elite Four, the delivery man will be waiting on the second floor of the Pokémon Centers with this item.
    • Aurora Ticket: This will be given to you at the Mossdeep Space Center after registering all non-mythical Hoenn Pokémon in your Pokédex.

For the other legendaries/mythicals:
    • Mewtwo: After defeating the Elite Four, Mewtwo will be on Mirage Island. (The island will be visible as long as Mewtwo is active. Once it's captured, the island will return to its normal mechanics, so make sure to grab the Liechi Berry while you're there!)
    • Celebi: An Ageto Celebi will be given to you at the Cove Lily Motel after registering all non-mythical Johto Pokémon in your Pokédex.
    • Jirachi: A Wishmaker Jirachi will be given to you at the Cove Lily Motel after registering all non-mythical Hoenn Pokémon in your Pokédex.

For the rest of the Pokémon, you can check the encounter data here. It should be fairly easy to figure out if you search the page for the species you're looking for. Anything you can't find there will be a stationary encounter, trade, or a gift.

As for your requests, the first two were actually features I had started planning out before deciding that they had a little too much of a "non-Game Freak" feel to me for them to fit in. The EV cap is a pretty good idea that I haven't thought of. I think it should probably be fairly easy to implement, so I'll look into it. In regards the the HM item, I specifically did not create any new items to maintain save compatibility with Emerald. You might have noticed the the Charm effects just change probabilities without actually granting you an item. I might look into allowing HMs to be used as long as you have a species in your party that has the ability to learn each HM, but I'm not sure what the complexity for that will be.

I very much appreciate the feedback, though, and I hope you're having fun with the game!

Hello Citrus! I would like to know if theres a way that you can add up other event tickets in mystery gift.. ive only seen eon and aurora tickets would you please add up other event tickets as well.. thank you

Fastest Slowpoke

Top % Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    I have played Heliodor almost a year ago and it was a good experience.

Would be nice if we can get following QoL improvements.
    1. Pressing B to move cursor to Run during wild battles.
    2. Turning player 180 degree after healing in PokéCenters.
    3. Instant healing option for PokéCenters.
    4. Showing shiny animation and icon for perfect IV Pokémons during wild battles so we won't miss any of them.
    5. Repeatable Sweet Scent and Fishing Rods so players don't open mon submenu everytime.
    6. Move reminder npc for restoring moves.
    7. Making all items (especially items for competitive builds) obtainable infinitely to prevent permanent losses.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I have played Heliodor almost a year ago and it was a good experience.

Would be nice if we can get following QoL improvements.
    1. Pressing B to move cursor to Run during wild battles.
    2. Turning player 180 degree after healing in PokéCenters.
    3. Instant healing option for PokéCenters.
    4. Showing shiny animation and icon for perfect IV Pokémons during wild battles so we won't miss any of them.
    5. Repeatable Sweet Scent and Fishing Rods so players don't open mon submenu everytime.
    6. Move reminder npc for restoring moves.
    7. Making all items (especially items for competitive builds) obtainable infinitely to prevent permanent losses.

Thanks for the input!
    1. This is on my to-do list, but I'll bump it up. I'll see if I can get it added today, and then it'll be in the nightly builds on the DIscord server.
    2. I'll mess with this and see if it feels natural.
    3. Assuming this means healing without dialogue or the animation, I'll skip this as I don't think it'd really fit with the game.
    4. I wouldn't be opposed to to some signifier of good IVs like BDSP, but I don't think I'd want it to be the shiny animation.
    5. This would probably be a bit messy as the game is changing contexts, but the other day, I was actually thinking about the idea of adding Honey to the game for its Sweet Scent-esque properties, in which case it'd be able to be registered for easy use. The Rods can also be registered already, which would be faster than displaying a Yes/No dialogue.
    6. Emerald already has a Mover Reminder in Fallarbor.
    7. Are there any particular items you are aware of that are not re-obtainable (besides Fossils, which will be reworked to not be Key Items and no longer be a finite resource in a future version)? Having Heliodor be a constant supply of every Gen 3 resource is something I've tried to ensure, but there's of course a lot of things in the games, so it wouldn't be surprising if I missed something.

Fastest Slowpoke

Top % Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    I don't know how I forgot the existence of Move Reminder, thank you for reminding me.

Thank you for actually adding turning 180 degrees and 'B' to move, it works flawless. Would you also consider making "Wild <Pokémon Name> appeared!" and "Got away safely!" texts auto scroll like battle texts? Less button pressing is good for longer gameplay sessions.

I'll make a new save and replay it from scratch to see if any items are not re-obtainable and repot here if I can find any.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I don't know how I forgot the existence of Move Reminder, thank you for reminding me.

Thank you for actually adding turning 180 degrees and 'B' to move, it works flawless. Would you also consider making "Wild <Pokémon Name> appeared!" and "Got away safely!" texts auto scroll like battle texts? Less button pressing is good for longer gameplay sessions.

I'll make a new save and replay it from scratch to see if any items are not re-obtainable and repot here if I can find any.

I've looked into this a bit, but wasn't able to locate the correct code to edit, but I'll keep this in mind if I come across it later.

Back