• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Everyone

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Hello everyone! My name is Adam -my wife Katie and I have 2 boys, Charles and Harrison. Charles was diagnosed with some social and learning disabilities - in which required some regiment training and other things. The most important thing was to get him focused on a task that could help create rationale thinking and starting to prioritize things. We were looking for something to help with that, when a few months ago he came home with Pokemon cards. Little did we know, that was the exact thing that was needed. Fast forward, he has gotten loads better in day to day. Our whole family is hooked now, and it is a nice treat to open pack, etc. I am not sure, as I was trying to read if I could mention his channel that we created, but would like to offer if anyone is interested please let me know, will be more than willing to share to help support Charles. He asks everyday to make more, now I just have to start rationing packs! Ha!

In closing I will say, that I am very thankful for this community and how nice everyone has been thus far. As parents know, it is scary when your kid can see so much out there, but he loves watching pokemon anything, including people streaming, vlogging, etc. I know I can rest assured that the content will be family friendly, and above that, respected people.

Thanks all, looking forward to the journey

Adam

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi Adam! Hi Katie! And hi to Charles and Harrison too! Welcome to the community everyone. :)

I think it's wonderful that you're allowing your son to experience what the world of Pokemon has to offer. My father did something very similar with me when I was a child and to this day I still collect the cards because I enjoy it so much. And the fact that you've noticed improvement in Charles makes it all the better. I'm very happy for you all and wish the best for you and your family.

You're more than welcome to advertise your channel in your signature, which will be at the bottom of every post you make. I hope your Pokemon journey is everything you want it to be. Never hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! n_n;

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Awesome thank you - and thank you for the warm welcome! Excited to be here, was able to add the signature woohoo!

Years
  • Glad to see you linked your channel in your signature! Now everyone will see it beneath your posts, is a good way to get the word out. Your son sounds just lovely, and you both sound like equally wonderful parents to be supporting him through this journey. Welcome to PC, Adam! =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Thank you so much for the kind words, he is the sweetest! I am glad hes feeling better, when we started the videos he was under the weather. :)

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Hello everyone! My name is Adam -my wife Katie and I have 2 boys, Charles and Harrison. Charles was diagnosed with some social and learning disabilities - in which required some regiment training and other things. The most important thing was to get him focused on a task that could help create rationale thinking and starting to prioritize things. We were looking for something to help with that, when a few months ago he came home with Pokemon cards. Little did we know, that was the exact thing that was needed. Fast forward, he has gotten loads better in day to day. Our whole family is hooked now, and it is a nice treat to open pack, etc. I am not sure, as I was trying to read if I could mention his channel that we created, but would like to offer if anyone is interested please let me know, will be more than willing to share to help support Charles. He asks everyday to make more, now I just have to start rationing packs! Ha!

In closing I will say, that I am very thankful for this community and how nice everyone has been thus far. As parents know, it is scary when your kid can see so much out there, but he loves watching pokemon anything, including people streaming, vlogging, etc. I know I can rest assured that the content will be family friendly, and above that, respected people.

Thanks all, looking forward to the journey

Adam

Holy God ! Hi Mr. Charles, even i'm new. I wish Charles all the best and pray for his success. Hope all is fine now,sir.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Thank you for the kind words. Keeping him engaged in things, is a huge help - the lovely thing about this is that he loves and wants to continue everyday - now that he sees comments, and other things that come with doing what he loves, it is now on a different planet for him! Couldn't be happier :)

Last edited:
    Back