• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think I might have a misprint card. Does anyone know what it could be worth???

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2018
    I have a Pokémon card that I think is a misprint card. It is a Supreme Victors Skorupi card and the "k" in Skorupi is capitalized. So the name on the card is "SKorupi". Has anyone heard of this card before or have any info on it????

See picture for closer look. :)

Attachments

• poke misprint.jpg
      poke misprint.jpg
      1,000.7 KB · Views: 10
    Years
  • I have a Pokémon card that I think is a misprint card. It is a Supreme Victors Skorupi card and the "k" in Skorupi is capitalized. So the name on the card is "SKorupi". Has anyone heard of this card before or have any info on it????

See picture for closer look. :)

Sorry, bud, but your Skorupi is a counterfeit. The biggest immediate tells for me were the fact that the "K" in Skorupi was capitalized, along with the fonts for the attacks being the wrong fonts for attacks on cards.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2018
    Sorry, bud, but your Skorupi is a counterfeit. The biggest immediate tells for me were the fact that the "K" in Skorupi was capitalized, along with the fonts for the attacks being the wrong fonts for attacks on cards.

It is not fake. I know for a fact that it isn't since that I got the card in a pack a couple of years ago. The pack was from Fred Meyer and was filled with many common and regular cards in it.

I don't mean to be rude or anything but it's not fake. Thanks for the help tho.

If anyone has any more info on this card that would be great.....

Years
  • It is not fake. I know for a fact that it isn't since that I got the card in a pack a couple of years ago. The pack was from Fred Meyer and was filled with many common and regular cards in it.

I don't mean to be rude or anything but it's not fake. Thanks for the help tho.

If anyone has any more info on this card that would be great.....

Unfortunately, legit retailers have been known to sell counterfeit packs in the past. Usually because of suppliers buying re-packaged cards and not giving a damn whether those repackaged cards are legitimate cards or not.

What I'm going to show you is a scan of a legit Skorupi card from Supreme Victors, and your SKorupi card, side-by-side. That should help with showing you differences. Real Skorupi is on left, and your counterfeit is on the right:

displayimage.php
    e7ELBhAl.jpg

Can you see the differences in font now? Official cards only use the fonts on the card on the Skorupi on the left, not the fonts on your Skorupi. Notice how the "g" in Poison Sting is a completely different style from the one on your card?

If you still refuse to believe me, that's your choice. But I've been collecting since sometime in 2000 and have been spending part of my free time checking people's cards for them to determine if it's a counterfeit or not for the last 10. I'm very good at spotting counterfeits.

Last edited:
    Back