• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Outlaw

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I'm having trouble patching the game. I've downloaded the link you provided along with Tsukoyomi and a clean fire red rom. After I apply the patch and attempt to open the game on VBA, I just get the original fire red, rather than the patched game.

***EDIT***
    Finally got it to work. Seems really good so far!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2015
    Is there anyway to get gastly/haunter or are they kill? :(

I kinda want a Gengar, really really bad.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Saw someone tweet about this hack and read the description, sounds really interesting. I'll give it a play through. Plus gen 1 and 2 are my favorite 1s

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    For anyone running a Mac that's having trouble on patching the file here's what you have to do.

(remove the spaces from the links, i can't post links cus I'm new here)

Download Crizzle's Pokemon Outlaw ".ups" file
    Download an unmodified/unhacked Fire Red ".gba" file (the one on doperoms*dot*com worked for me)

Go to this site and download the multi patch.

projects.sappharad.
    com/tools/multipatch .html

There are instructions on the site but if you're confused.
    The first bar is for the "ups" file
    The second bar is for the ".gba" file
    The third bar is just for where you want to save Pokemon Outlaw and naming it.

If you followed the instructions correctly you should have Pokemon Outlaw.gba or whatever you decided to name it.
    I use Visual Boy Advance as my emulator and it works for me.
    Cheers!

P.S.
    Any update on the Emerald hack? Pretty excited and i'm sure it will be a great one as well. :D
    Wow, this helped! Thank you for sharing :)

Years
  • ive seen haydunn play this and it looks super interesting.
    ive started my own youtube channel recently too, so after im done with my ruby nuzlocke i will without a doubt play this and record it.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Is there anyway to get gastly/haunter or are they kill? :(

I kinda want a Gengar, really really bad.

I know that I put them somewhere in the game but I totally forgot where. Does the Pokedex show the new location or just the Fire Red location? (I didn't edit the Pokedex)

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2021
    I know that I put them somewhere in the game but I totally forgot where. Does the Pokedex show the new location or just the Fire Red location? (I didn't edit the Pokedex)

Yea i think the Pokedex shows the new location cus the dex says you can find eevee on the patch of grass east of Celadon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2015

It says that gastly is only in Victory Road, so right now Im just running around looking for one. Still havent found it yet.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • It says that gastly is only in Victory Road, so right now Im just running around looking for one. Still havent found it yet.

Yes, they are on victory road but they're fairly rare. (I checked). Also, I put some different pokemon on different floors of Victory Road, so don't just stay in one spot.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    When i download the ups file from attachments and try extracting before patching it gives me a bad zip file error,is there anywhere else I can download it? Ive tried the sites you posted it may be on,couldnt find it,would really love to play this hack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2015
    I just completed the game and I have to say im proud to say this is the first rom hack i have completed. I love the story and the twist at the end b3st h4ck 3vur

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • When i download the ups file from attachments and try extracting before patching it gives me a bad zip file error,is there anywhere else I can download it? Ive tried the sites you posted it may be on,couldnt find it,would really love to play this hack.
    After i patch it i just get a white screen in VBA

Guys, you've got to read around a bit before you post questions.

At least read the 1st post, where I mention Operationidroid's website.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    Hey Crizzle love the hack so far! Just wondering if there's any way to evolve my eevee into an umbreon without trading? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    You cant i believe. It doesnt evolve through trading so you cant use a moon stone. and there is no day/night system

Ah thanks for that I was wondering because of the no day/night system as you said. You have any recommendations for a 6th poke in my party?

Pikachu lv 54
    Feraligatr lv 48
    Pidgeot lv 44
    Alakazam lv 44
    Blaziken lv 44

Just defeated Blaine and would like a full party to go into victory road with. :)

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Hey Crizzle love the hack so far! Just wondering if there's any way to evolve my eevee into an umbreon without trading? Thanks.

Man, I'm so sorry. I completely forgot about Umbreon. If you max out happyness, you'll probably get an Espeon.
    So sorry, no Umbreon. Though, you do battle against one later in the game.

In my next work, I'll make sure to make Umbreon and Espeon stone Evolutions.(probably moon for umbreon and sun for espeon).

I'm very sorry, Umbreon's an awesome pokemon.

As far as the 6th pokemon on your team, you can find a dratini in the water leading up to victory road(where they check for the badges), though they're kind of rare. Training that to a Dragonite would be useful.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    Dude I'm having some serious problems with the patching, even if I followed the tutorials, it keeps failing because the original Fire Red Rom doesn't satisfy the requirements, I downloaded it from many sites, what I can do?

Back