• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Neo Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • Plot

It really didn't seem that big a deal at first.

One day, one of the many islands dotting the sea between Sinnoh and Hoenn seemed to have all but disappeared from the world map, all contact from the town that occupied it ceasing without a word of explanation. For the first few days, this was given little consideration. The area in question, Traverse Island, was well known for its stormy weather, and it wasn't unusual for connections to go down during passing thunderstorms.

That was two months ago, and officials are getting increasingly uncomfortable with the whole situation. While hardly irreplaceable in usefulness, Traverse Island is - or rather was - an important harbor town for inter-regional transport vessels. The GP, the Kanto Elite, and even an official representative of Team Galactic have all spoken up in turn, claiming responsibility for the sacking of the island city, but upon further inquiry they have all been forced to admit that they are just as confused about the situation as the rest, and to make matters worse, Traverse Island remains an autonomous city state with full rights to decide who gets and doesn't get to enter or leave and the island itself is a natural fortress, making unnoticed entry difficult at best. With no proof of foul play or hostile preparations, the officials' hands are effectively tied. All that is known is that someone somewhere within the state's administration has decided to bar all traffic to and from the island.

Until now, that is. No-one knows who is responsible or how they did it, but on the night of a particularly vicious storm a series of letters from an anonymous source were delivered to a post office on the mainland. This alone doesn't seem like much, but popular rumor has it that these letters were nothing more or less than invitations to the mysterious island, and although postal authorities avert all questions by citing their secrecy stature they have yet to deny that the recipients of these invitations were not league champions or government officials. They were not even adults or accomplished trainers, but seemingly normal teenage children.

Needless to say, conspiracy senses have tingled over far less, and rumors ranging from sinister to downright ludicrous abound, tales of secret government experiments with pokémon growth and evolution and the descent of an alien pokémon in the area co-existing with the ever-popular tale of innocent humans being injected with pokémon DNA to form beings not of this earth. The truth of this matter, however, remains for those few lucky (or unlucky, depending on how one looks at it) enough to have been invited.

Where you come in

You will be one of the select few to receive an invitation enclosed with it, and - whatever the reason - you have chosen to accept. You may be driven by a wish to profit from the venture by acting under the payroll of a third party (Be it a government or another) seeking to regain a foothold on the island, thirst for adventure, just plain old curiosity, or more personal motives. You may even be a native of the island who was left outside when the lockdown occurred. Regardless, you do not have a pokémon and you are not a trainer. You may have worked with them in some capacity other than battling, but as of yet you do not own a pokémon, though that may come to change...

Rules

1. Follow all RP section rules. You knew I'd say that, didn't you?

2. No character control AT ALL. I am very serious about this one. Unless the RPer in question has given you explicit permission to control his/her character you have no right to make them do as much as raise an eyebrow. I may circumvent this rule if and only if it is necessary to move the plot along and the RPer in question has been absent for more than a week without assigning control of their character to somebody else. NPCs - unless otherwise noted - are free game, but please keep them as in character as you can.

3. No powerplay or godmodding. This includes always winning in battles and instantly forming an unbreakable bond with every pokémon you meet. Remember, your character has basically no experience on the trainer's line of work, so some failures and setbacks are expected.

4. If you're illiterate, don't bother. I expect posts in legible paragraphs, preferably a fair bit above four lines.

5. If I say that a post isn't okay then it isn't okay and I will consider it inexistent until it's been corrected. I don't expect to use this right a lot, but I'm still claiming it. You are allowed to throw in your own plot twists and NPCs, but for your own sake, run everything with a serious impact on the main plot by me to avoid turning this RP into a complete mess, m'kay? And for the record: mindless drone pokémon and Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus are very high on my list of things that aren't okay, so please don't go there.

Violate these rules on peril of anything from a complete ban from the RP to a right stern talking to. xO

~SIGN-UPS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY OVER~

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not, I repeat DO NOT, post here to ask questions like "Why didn't my profile get accepted?", "When does this RP start?", "Can I get a reservation?" or anything like that. Anything that isn't a sign-up or - once this RP does start - an IC post goes in the OOC Discussion and I'll be answering them there. Please keep the main thread clean, thank you. :3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • You knew I'd get here first, right?

Full Given Name: Mark Eschatol

Nicknames (Optional): "Four-eyes"

Appearance: Mark, basically put, looks like a refugee from a collapsed Archaeologist's camp. His hair sticks out at odd angles as it hangs down the sides of his head and is prematurely grey, a fact he seems to take in stride, and he often hides it beneath a standard construction worker's hat. His most distinguishing mark on his face would have to be the enormous coke-bottle glasses he wears, a trademark he would sometimes rather do without. His eyes are a rather unassuming blue, but as most people tend not to notice someone's eye color right away this is a moot point. In order to cover his body, Mark wears a bright red T-Shirt, heavily stained with dirt, and a pair of torn and dusty jeans he's nearly worn out with his studies in nature. His feet are usually contained in a pair of heavy steel-toed boots, and he is never seen without his tool belt which contains a rock hammer, chisel, and a miniature pickax, as well as a more conventional set of pliers and a screwdriver.

In addition to the aforementioned attire, Mark also owns a set of clothing usually reserved for those who work underground: a long, heavy, blandly-colored coat and pair of pants, as well a large pair of wellington boots. This set of clothing is usually contained in a backpack or suitcase of some sort when out on "expeditions to foreign areas".

Personality: As far as things go, Mark is essentially the quintessential obsessive nerd, though his hobby is far from conventional: He's a home fossil excavator. An avid reader of science fiction and history, Mark is keenly interested in cities of the ancient past and their histories, as well as ancient Pokemon. This perhaps stems from his status as the child of the inventor of Hoenn's first fossil-resurrection machine (patented by Devon Corp.) Mark's interest in these subjects runs so high that occasionally the mere mention of "prehistoric Pokemon" causes him to turn and jump with excitement, though often little else will when he is absorbed in a daydream. To a lesser extent, Mark is interested in Pokemon Training, though to him any dreams of becoming a trainer usually take side seat to, say, finding the largest identified fossil of a Ramardos or studying a living Aerodactyl.

Mark is not without his flaws, many of which stem from his obsessive nature. He's not very polite, tends to forget others when in a group, and is a bit of a bore when it comes to his interest: Start him on the subject of archaeology and chances are that he'll begin a six-hour speech on the subject. These flaws do tend to be passive in nature, and if he catches himself in the act he will attempt to correct his misbehavior, though by then the damage will probably have already been done. In addition, he has no concept of diplomacy and is fairly dogmatic when it comes to his opinions on anything. If you don't agree with him, you must therefore be wrong.

Mark does have a few particular skills, including a basic knowledge of paleontology and mining. He's fairly skilled with his rock hammer and chisel, and knows enough of the basics that he can create a fairly interesting-looking rock sculpture. In addition, his memory is astounding, provided he can make the facts he attempts to memorize relevant to himself or personal experience. He's also fairly adept at recognizing Pokemon and their traits, biological or otherwise, thanks to his exposure to Pokemon through his father's work.

In regards to mannerisms, Mark's most defining gesture is the rolling of his eyes, which occurs almost instinctively whenever somebody says something that is either completely untrue, utterly stupid and unnecessary (in Mark's opinion), already widely known or known by Mark personally, or otherwise deemed a moot point. His demeanor can occasionally be aggressive or challenging without his meaning it to be, and he's developed a sort of "loner complex" that requires him to occasionally act standoffish with others.

History: Mark's birth was probably the single most significant event in his father's life, because it not only marked the beginning of his parenthood but also the day he was hired by President Stone of Devon Corp. fame. Elated by these two pieces of good fortune, Mark Eschatol senior was less then thrilled when his son, four years later, announced his intention to become a Pokemon trainer after witnessing a battle between a local girl and the gym leader of Rustboro. (The girl would later go on to conquer all eight of the gyms of Hoenn and later challenge the Elite Four, but that is a completely unrelated story.) Mark Sr.'s wife, Judith Stone-Eschatol, was firmly against underage children leaving home on a Pokemon journey, and was the president of a local group lobbying against such laws, largely without success. In order to defuse the situation, Mark Sr. began to take his son to work with him in order to share his own interests and the intricacies of his job. To his surprise, Mark Jr. immediately took up an interest in his father's study of prehistoric Pokemon resurrection, and completely forgot his dreams of becoming a trainer for the most part. As Mark grew older, his interests deepened and strengthened, and his knowledge of prehistoric Pokemon and related technology grew to the point that at ten years of age he was able to help with simple calculations and memorization of certain details while his father worked on his fossil resurrection machine. Things went on much this way, with Mark doing a fair job in school while centering most of his life around dreams of becoming an Archaeologist and helping his father work on the fossil resurrection machine, for three years. It was at that point that the second most important event of Mark Sr.'s life occured: his fossil ressurection machine was successfully tested, and was able to restore life to a fossilized Anorith using DNA taken from its claw. With the technology patented to Devon Corporation and a substantial bonus paid to Mark Sr., the Eschatol family moved to Sinnoh where an old friend of Mark's father had offered him the position of museum curator in Oreburgh.

At this point, Mark's interest in archaeology was once again given direction when he met Roark, gym leader of Oreburgh, and signed on as a volunteer in his studies on paleontology. Using figures memorized from his father's original construction of the fossil resurrection machine, Mark was able to help Roark and his friends build a similar machine: the fossil-reviver mark four. (The version developed by Mark's father had been mark three, as marks two and one were both in use by scientists from Johto and Kanto already.) This machine was used to resurrect a fossilized Cranidos which Roark added to his team, as well as to set up an additional reason to tour the Oreburgh museum. Mark, meanwhile, was fairly bored when he discovered that he wouldn't be allowed to do research related the machine for a few years due to his lack of a scientific doctorate, despite his small but nevertheless pivotal role in its construction. In order to relieve his boredom, he began taking long walks outside the village, where his dreams of owning Pokemon rekindled when he saw another epic battle, this time between a boy with ridiculously styled blonde hair and a girl whose clothing had to be the definition of fashion violation for one so young. (Both of these trainers would later move on to conquer many of the gyms in Sinnoh, but once again, another story.)

In order to take her son's mind off of Pokemon training, Mark's mother took charge and sent him on a three-week expedition to a famous valley, where he learned the basics of field paleontology and rock sculpture from a renowned archaeologist and authority on ancient Pokemon, Brandon. It was here also that Mark learned of the sudden vanishment of Traverse Island, and became intrigued by the mystery surrounding it.

Upon his return home, Mark discovered a letter on his doorstep inviting him to come to the vanished island. Knowing his mother probably wouldn't approved but still piqued by his curiosity, Mark hid the letter and quietly made preparations to leave...

Pokémon wanted: Due to Mark's obsessive love of fossil Pokemon, he would be content with any one of them. He does, however, have a soft spot in his heart for Cranidos.

Other: Due to his falling into a vat of radioactive shoe polish, Mark can fire giant green boots from his arms. (Alright, not really, but I couldn't resist joking around.)

RP Sample: (Taken from "Rose Isle Royale" by tied RPer of the month Porygon-Z)

Langley had been following Tim and Annalyn from the rear, hoping to make sure that nobody sealed off the exits. His older sister had gone to a military school, so he had picked up a few simple things about group strategy. When you know the territory and your opponent doesn't, if you cut off their exits then the battle was halfway done. Unfortunately, that rule applied even more so to the current terrain, where there was only one exit leading back, and if it was cut off, there was no way out. Digging into his vest pocket, Langley removed a small flashlight and switched it on, illuminating the darkness in front of him. In the distance he could just make out Tim and Annalyn talking with the girl he had landed on when he had first arrived. He was about to run forward and regroup with them when a sudden hissing noise interrupted him.

With a sigh, Langley turned, coming face to face with a tall, serpentine Pokemon with glinting eyes. Slowly it spread its once-majestic purple hood, which was now mottled with the puse and green colors of decay. Along its tail, parts of the spinal cord were just visible, and the skin around its throat was almost completely gone. It stood there, waiting for Langley to make a move, its sickly blue tongue flicking in and out.

Langley's nose wrinkled as he slowly began to back away, his arms held out in front of him. Steady, steady.... he reassured himself, Just a few more steps and I'll be out of his range... Just keep moving... steady...

The serpent noticed what he was doing, unfortunately, and began to slowly slither forward, its slimy remains dragging along the floor. Its eyes opened wide, and Langley just barely managed to shut his in time, remembering that eye contact with an Arbok almost certainly meant temporary paralysis. His hand began to wander around his belt as he fumbled for a Pokeball as he moved, praying that the snake wouldn't notice and strike early. He took one step backward, and three things happened at once.

First, Langley's hand found the Pokeball he had been searching for, and he hurled it outward in front of him.

Second, he tripped over a rock, and fell flat on his back.

Third, the Arbok struck, its hood folding back and its eyes glinting with malice.

Langley shut his eyes, expecting to feel the pain of zombified serpent venom entering his system at any moment. To his surprise, however, all he felt was a slight tickling. He slowly, tentatively opened his eyes, and curious sight met his gaze. A long, creamy yellow tail was tickling his face, and around it, eight other tails were waving. The appendages in question were attached to a large, creamy yellow, fox-like creature with gleaming red eyes. "Clytemnestra?" he asked, confused.

The Pokemon nodded, before turning back to the zombie Pokemon, growling and baring her fangs. Arachne stood beside the beast, hissing her dissaproval. Clyte, so good you could make it to fight for master Langley! the tiny Pokemon squeaked in her own language, waving her legs excitedly.

Slowly, the Ninetales shook her head. You misunderstand my purpose, little bug. Unlike you, I bear no love for that sorry excuse for a trainer. I follow his orders because I have respect for him as the trainer who was able to capture me, no more, no less.

Arachne glared fiercely at the older Pokemon. But Langley is our trainer! Even if he wasn't my friend, it's my sworn duty and responsibility as his Pokemon to protect him from harm!

The Ninetales rolled her eyes. And who told you that? Your precious mother, born in captivity?

Arachne's eyes narrowed. And so it all comes down to that again, hmm? My mother was just as noble as any of your wild born Pokemon, and-

"Um, ladies, I hate to interrupt your argument, which I'm sure is of great importance even if I can't understand it, but we happen to be having a situation here!" Langley interrupted as he dodged another blob of acid being fired by the serpentine monster.

Arachne nodded. Here it comes! she screeched, firing a sticky blob of webbing into the Arbok's face, effectively blinding it and forcing its venomous jaws shut. Blinded, the undead Pokemon screeched as it thrashed about, trying furiously to remove the impediment.

Clytemnestra stared at the thrashing Pokemon. Pokemon who are now zombified, eh? Interesting...

Langley stared. Up until this point, he had been mostly relying on his instincts and those of his Pokemon to fight, but now it was time to give some serious thought. What did he know that would certainly dispose of this zombie? A thought raced through his head as he remembered an old horror movie he had watched once. Though this particular tactic probably wouldn't do anything, it was still worth a try. "Clyte, use safeguard!" he commanded.

Growling, the kitsune began to glow with a pale white light as a circle appeared on the floor beneath her, surrounding herself, Langley, and Arachne. The Arbok managed to free its mouth from the web gag and lunged forward, just as a wall of white light erupted from the circle. The zombie may as well have bitten an electric fence. It screamed as a burst of white light burned through its skin, reducing its body to ashes.

Langley stared at the charred spot on the ground, the only thing remaining to show the zombie had ever been there. "I can't believe that actually worked."

Turning, he noticed that Annalyn and the others were only a few meters away. With a quick nod to his Pokemon, he raced up to them, joining the group. "Is everyone okay?" he panted.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Full Given Name: Juanita Sanchez

Nicknames (Optional): JJ

Appearance: Though Juanita is far from the prettiest girl alive, there is certain elegant aura that surrounds her. She stands at a short 5'5" and weighs only one hundred and three pounds. She is of Hispanic descent and this is most obvious in the creamy, tan complexion of her skin. Her hair is jet black and runs down to her mid-back. She usually has it tied into a ponytail, but on rare occasions, she'll let it down. Her eyes are a crisp, emerald shade that dim in color when she's upset. Because she works for the Kanto government, her attire is usually simple and modest, befitting the workplace environment. It consists of a tan three-piece pantsuit with dull silver buttons. She wears gaudy tan high heels that you would usually find an eighty year old woman. But, when traveling to the island, she might mix it up and go a little crazy with her outfit. She plans on wearing a green tank top, blue capris, and white sneakers, which is more appropriate for a young lady on an adventure. She always wears thick-brimmed glasses that hang perfectly on her nose.

Personality: Juanita was raised in a proper middle-class family and is always under control no matter what the situation. Some may call her a "prude" but Juanita considers herself a fun girl. At the workplace, she admits to being a rule-following, prim employee who takes her job very seriously. Because of this, she doesn't have many friends at work, but she tries to show that it doesn't bother her. Deep down, Juanita is incredibly lonely and depressed, but she's engulfed herself in her work to suppress these feelings. When she's truly happy, Juanita is all smiles and giggles. This usually this occurs when she receives praise at work, which happens more often than you would think. Her face will turn bright red and she'll say thank you numerous times. She is prone to growing angry rather quickly. She considers those she works with incompetent and incorrigible, so her anger is more often than not directed to these imbeciles. Even at home, she's working, so Juanita lacks a social life. As mentioned before, she is very lonely and when alone, she's prone to crying and sobbing.

History: As mentioned before, Juanita was raised in a suburban neighborhood. Her father had been a moderately successful Pokémon trainer who had managed to make the Indigo League when he was younger. Now, he worked for the Kanto Government as a Gym Inspector. Her mother was the mayor of their hamlet on the outskirts of Cerulean City, and much like Juanita, was constantly engulfed in her work. Every Sunday, when her parents weren't working, the three of them would head off to the lands north of Cerulean and have a picnic. Her parents were strict to the point of being militaristic. Juanita would come home and do her homework, study, eat dinner, study more, and then sleep. Repeat. Though her father had taken the road of Pokemon training when he was Juanita's age, he refused to allow his daughter to leave on her own journey. So while her peers left for journeys, Juanita stayed home and continued her studies. She didn't mind though. Juanita loved learning and managed to reach number one in her class when she graduated. Right out of high school, Juanita's father got her a job in his department. Almost immediately she excelled at her job with her capability of memorizing the numerous guidelines and regulations she had to know. Because of this and her air of "I'm better than all of you" surrounding her, she was not popular amongst her coworkers. Even her father would grow irritated with her and would proceed to tell her to calm down and stop being such a brat. Juanita wished she be different, but the opportunity of gaining accolades always took precedence over changing her ways. When asked if she wanted to go and investigate the mysterious happenings on Island, she immediately took the opportunity, knowing that if she succeeded in figuring out what happened, she would definitely receive a promotion.

Pokémon wanted: Murkrow

Other: Nadda.

RP Sample:

[ From my RP "Rose Isle Royale." ]

"Enough Ampharos, get the girl!" Annalyn heard the Ampharos' "trainer" order the rotting Pokemon. Langley had further damaged the zombie, but it still made its way towards Abanow. Its skeletal fist once again slashed at her Pokemon. Abanow reached out both of its hands and grabbed the zombie's arm. It lifted the skeletal Ampharos into the air and lifted it above its head. A cold, white energy started to emanate from its hands. Large ice chunks began to grow on the Ampharos, starting from the points where Abanow was touching it. Slowly, like a raging wildfire, the ice began to consume the Ampharos, who shrieked wildly as its body was taken over by the ice. Soon, its whole body was taken over, except for its head. Then, with one final shriek, the ice grew over its head and the zombie Ampharos was stuck in a block of ice. Abanow lowered the encased Ampharos gently to the ground. Annalyn felt relieved and released a deep sigh. She leaned against the damp wall. What an exciting first minutes in this damned labyrinth...

"So, you think the trouble is over just because you defeated one of my zombie warriors. If you only knew what I had waiting for you," a mysterious voice said, which was followed by a maniacal laugh. It wasn't the same voice as before. This time it sounded female, but it spoke with the same angst and ferocity. Annalyn looked around, searching for the source of the booming voice. Then, she saw something move on top of the labyrinth walls. There was a humanoid figure kneeling, its body consumed in the grey mist. It appeared to be wearing a long cape, black slacks, and a silver button up shirt. "And soon, you're Pokemon will join my zombies!" It stood and leaped from its position, directing itself towards the group of participants. It reached to its belt and pulled a large sword from a sheath. The blade of the sword was as tall as the figure and from what Annalyn could see, the hilt was shale-black and slim. Wait, its coming for me! Annalyn dove out of the way with the sword nicking a few of her hairs. She fell face first into the floor of the labyrinth which released a plume of dust and dirt. Annalyn coughed and looked up to the figure, who could be seen much clearer than before. Besides its clothing, the person wore a mask, one half of it was that of a male human and the other half was a female human. It wore an outrageously gaudy red belt that clashed with the rest of its mismatched outfit. Long, silver hair flowed from behind the mask, which concealed the figure's entire face.

"Who are you?" Annalyn asked, pushing herself up into a sitting position. The figure laughed again and said, "I am the Guardian of this Labyrinth you have foolishly entered. For hundreds of years I have lived here, dispatching of those who, like you, entered my palace. And you all shall share the same fate as them, with your Pokemon joining my legion of Pokemon." Wow... this guy.. or girl.. or whatever... has taken a page right outta of the stereotypical villian book when it comes to their dialogue... Annalyn thought, staring directly at the freak who stood before her. "But, shall we make this into a game? Afterall, you all are here for a competition, aren't you? Alas, there shall be a win--I don't think so!" The figure turned and found Annalyn's Abanow attempted to grab them from behind. The Guardian raised its hand and released an orb of red energy at the Abanow. At first the Abomasnow didn't react, but suddenly it began to wince in pain. It fell to its hands and knees, and began to pant. Its body began to shake and its breath grew shorter and painful. Its eyes glazed over and then it fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"Abanow, no!!!!" Annalyn stood and began to run to her Pokemon. She kneeled next to it and began to pet its arm. "What did you do, you FREAK!" The Guardian laughed maniacally once again and leaped to the top of the wall. "I'll see you again, and dearest, I hope your Abomasnow makes a full recovery," and with that, it leaped to the other side of the wall. Tears began to stream down Annalyn's cheeks and she hugged the Pokemon's arms. "He's still alive, but barely. Do any of you have a Revive? In my haste, I forgot one. Please, can you all spare me one?" she appealed to her fellow competitors.

Last edited:

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
  • hm this rp sounds exciting! And really different too ^_^

Full Name: Nichole Suzzane Miller

Appearance: Nichole has shoulder length brown hair, and piercing green eyes. She wears a black bandanna and black gloves, along with a dark purple tank top and black pants. Her skin is quite fair, and she wears black boots and a long black cloak.

Personality: Nichole isnt a very outspoken girl. Growing up, while the other girls played and formed clubs and cliques, she preferred to stay alone and to herself. While she doesnt like socializing very much, Nichole is fond of one thing: Pokemon, mainly the gost type. She is absolutely fascinated by the creatures, though she has never had a pokemon of her own. She is absolutely outraged at the possiblility that a group of scientists has been rumored to be harming such creatures, so much that she did not hesitate at all when she heard that she was invited to the island.

History: (I hope it is ok that i use a town from the Kanto Region...) Nichole came from the town of Lavendar, in the Kanto Region. She would have loved to say that she got to examine the ghosts of the tower, maybe even work side by side with the old man of the town, Mr. Fuji...but she cannot. Her mom died when she was just 5, and her father abandoned her mother before she was born. Nichole was sent to Verdanturf to live with her grandparents. There she learned all about the proper caring of herbs and medicines; her grandfather was the towns physisician and her grandma was a herbologist. She learned also the many ways to create potions for sick pokemon; when she was 10 she started to work at the towns pokecenter. Her grandparents didnt like her to become a trainer; instead, she worked with Nurse Joy, taking care of the other trainers pokemon. It was always interesting to work there; Verdanturf's contest center attracted so many pokemon trainers, Nichole got to see and care for all kinds. It was after a long days work that she came home to see a letter had come for her...

Starter: Shuppet

RP sample: Nichole stepped into the air conditioned entrance to the PokeCenter. It was a boiling hot summer's day, and by the already full lobby Nichole could see that it was going to be a full day. "Nichole thank goodness!" Nurse Joy called from behind the counter, her hands already full by a trainer with a screaming Bonsly, "A huge box of abandoned growlithe was just brought in by some stranger. Can you see to it that they are all alright and taken care of?" Nichole's blood boiled at the fact that someone was so careless enough to abandon growlithe pups, but she smiled sweetly and nodded. Nurse Joy turned back to the trainer. "Im sure there is no other reason for his tears, sir," She began, but the trainer was histerical. Nichole walked past them as he yelled over his pokemon's cries that something must be terribly wrong. Nichole stepped into the back hallway, where all the other rooms where for examining and treating the sick and injured. She could hear barking in the room at the far end, and she opened the door to find Chansey trying to maintain 4 growlithe puppies. "Chansey!" she called gratefully, obviously relieved to see the girl. "Im here to help!" Nichole said happily, grabing a clipboard and sitting cross legged on the floor. "Ok, pups, what happened?" The growlithe nearest her tucked in his tail and hid, while another ran up to her, teeth barred. "Its alright," Nichole cooed, "Im not going to hurt you..." she put out her hand, palm down, so that he could sniff her. "Growl?" said the pokemon, and he sniffed her hand. "Lithe!" he called to his friends,and all the puppies rushed to the girl, jumping onto her lap. he must have known i meant no harm, Nichole thought. "Wow," said a voice behind them. Nichole turned to see Nurse Joy in the doorway. "I tried to get them calm for an hour this morning!" She walked in and grabbed a bottle of Antidote; someone was poisioned. Nichole smiled, and the nurse smiled back, leaving the room. Nichole went back to checking the pups, making sure each one was healthy.

RocketMemberMichael

My Mew...He is...Dying...
    Years
  • Full Given Name: Michael Alan Mansfield, his middle name Alan was his fathers name.

Nicknames: Mikey, Mickey, Mike.

Appearence: Michael is about 4`7, he has tanned skin and grass green eyes, Michael`s hair is very short and dark brown almost black, he wears a red t-shirt and blue jeans most of the time, sometimes he wears a white cap and he wears white shoes.

Personality: Michael is very shy when meeting new people, his habit include biting his nails and chewing his collar on his clothes, he fears all spider like Pokemon and Gengars, Michael likes to travel alot and play computer games, he aspires to be a Pokemon trainer as he loves Pokemon, but he never has had one, he dislikes sly people and people who show off.

History: Michael has had alot happen in his life, not big things but good things, he went to Poketrainers school but left after he his Uncle George was killed by a Gengar...Poor little Uncle George...although Michael dislikes Gengars he loves Pokemon, Michael used to live in Goldenrod City in a small poor house, his mother got a job as a Pokemon breeder before they moved to Pewter City.

Pokemon Wanted: Pikachu.

Other: Michael has a strange scar on the top of his arm, Michael will not tell anyone where he got it from.

RP Sample: Michael woke up starled, he had had a nightmare inwhich he was attacked by a Gengar, he rubbed his eyes and looked around the room, everything looked blury, it took him a while to focus, his Pikachu `Junior` was sitting in the corner of the room, his fur was scruffy as usual and like always, he had a wide smile on his face, "Hey Junior." Michael said quietly, Junior turned his head and waved at Michael.

"Pika pic!" Junior squeaked brightly, he jumped off the chair on which he was sitting then merrily bounced over to Michael, Michael smiled, Junior always made Michael smile, he then picked Junior up and placed him on his right shoulder carefully.

"Come on champ." Michael said enthusiasticly, "We`ve got a big day ahead of us!" Michael then walked over to his cupboard and opened the top drawer, he then got a blue pair of jeans and a white hoody and took them to the bed. (IS THAT OK? ILL ADD MORE IF I NEED TO?)

Years
  • Full Given Name: John Krinks

Nicknames (Optional): Johnny

Appearance: Johnny's figure is nothing short of a junior looking high school student. It is because, that is exactly what he is. His hair can grow pretty quickly and he usually keeps it at the length of halfway towards the neck. His hair is a deep dark brown shade, following suit with his eyes, meanwhile the rest of his features would be a bit pale having never had a tan or been outside in recent dates. At his school, he is forced to wear uniforms, but when he is not on the campus grounds, he can be found wearing a not so clean pair of jeans and be alternating between a green or brown long sleeve many times.

His shoes have seen better days and has the endpoint of one lace completely cut off on the left shoe, but no one ever really takes notice of that. He has flat feet, and looks to be slightly good at swimming with the exception that he has never actually been in deep water since he was 10 or 11 to prove this theory (not that he was bad at it; he just didn't like swimming much).

Never will you find a cap on him and almost never will you see any signs of him combing his hair. At the same time, his hair is not very messy at all.

Personality: Even though Johnny has never really aspired to be a trainer in his life, he always felt that he should have been a little more involved in life when it came to Pokémon. Whenever the topic of recent trainer wins and such comes up, Johnny knows a bit what to say; he follows what trainers do by reading their journeys. He even admits that the thought of Pokémon battling is great, and watching a battle is even better, but he never pictures himself in the heat of it. He isn't at all into himself being the battler.

He does not really hate anything in life, and he won't talk much of what he dislikes, but people know him enough to understand that when he twitches his right eye a bit, he doesn't really care for the topic or whatever it is that is going on at the time. That's why he fails at all poker games. If a topic he does not like or understand arise, he'll wait for a moment that he does understand in order to be in the certain conversation (unless he doesn't want to be in any sort of speech as it would be going).

He has a bad habit of moving his own things around. An example of this would be his room; if he did not like the way it looked, he would change the furniture around. Even if he ends up loving the look that day, the very next day he may think differently and change it around yet again.

If he had any aspirations whatsoever, it would be to make a documentation of anything of interest. He has already done a graduation plan to graduate as a junior in order to get to a film school early. He is not so sure why, but documentations have always interested him and made him want to make one of his own in the future, but he is still unsure of what it should be on.

As of now, a mere hobby would be writing. Sometimes he just can't stop; pen or keyboard.

History:

— Has achieved enough credits to graduate in Junior Year of High School
    — Has gained respect in many student activity centers
    — Has over 400 community service hours

Though not many in several achievements, what Johnny has achieved is well enough for a pat in the back. His family background has not been perfect, but it has not been something out of a horror movie either. Generation from generation was passed down by barely "making it" in life, and he does not expect that he will be any different. The only difference between him and his line of family is the fact that he wants to become a director of documentaries because it is something he loves. He does not expect much awards for this; only to have fun.

Pokémon wanted: Sneasel

Reason — Johnny believes that of anything, a Sneasel would be most helpful for him. That, and he always had a soft spot for the creature.

Other: None

RP Sample:

Johnny opened the door, knowing already who it was. Nichols, one of his friends from school had entered. In his hand, he held a disc wrapped in what appeared to be napkins. There was a slight grin on Nichols's face, but Johnny wiped it out of him by patting him in the back and taking the disk from his hands.

"I believe this belongs to me," said Johnny, in a forced "higher standard" type speak.

"Don't let those dang credits get to your head, Jon-Jon," joked Nichols.

Jon-Jon. It was the name that his mother would call him. He was never bothered by it when his Mom would say it, but if it were anyone else, a deep shade of red would grow on his face just like it was at that very moment.

"Lets—c'mon," continued Johnny. "Let's just get this over with."

"Aye-aye, Jon-Jon," continued Nichols. "Hey, what is it for anyway?"

"School stuff; you know."

While trying to look away, they both traveled down the hall towards Johnny's room. It was not anything special; it looked very much like an average teens room with video game posters and a collection of figures of famous Pokémon Trainers. Right now, the two headed straight for the laptop Johnny had gotten the Christmas before.

Once the computer was on, Johnny entered the slightly smeared disc into the disc slot and waited for the program to begin.

"You don't know it, but you just saved my life right now, Nichols," said Johnny with a grin. The screen was still loading.

"You don't know it, but you owe me 40 Pokédollars for rent," said Nichols with a really good serious impression. "Cough it up."

"The day that happens is the day you decide to go back to school."

"Don't roll eyes like that; besides, your just jealous that I get to be in a Pokémon Journey!"

"And I'm sure you'll be equally as Jealous when I make my first documentary."

It was an insider joke at the moment; Johnny had told Nichols repeatedly many times before that he did not care about the journeys and cared more about documentary films. Meanwhile, Nichols thought the same way towards documentaries. They both did not understand why the other liked their profession best.

The screen leaned towards its 100% mark. Both boys got closer and closer, waiting to see what it was that resided inside the disc. It was stuck for a very long moment on 99%, but after a long amount of painful seconds, it reached the point.

The screen turned black for a bit. Nothing else happened.

Confused, the two looked around the cords, trying to find what it was that could have turned off the computer (because that was what it seemed like; there was no power to it).

The two returned to the screen, still in a mix of confusion.

It was at that second that a Porygon blasted itself right out of the screen towards the two at full speed, knocking both Johnny and Nichols onto the floor.

The Porygon stopped at the end of the room and began to chirp in its own way (as emotionless as it sounded).

"What the?" For a long moment, Johnny looked at the Porygon that slowly began to turn towards him, looking right at him, then to Nichols. It did not move from Nichols. "What is a Porygon doing here?"

"Oh god, it's Gears!" shouted Nichols; "My families Porygon! It must have—I don't know, maybe stored itself in the disc…"

There was a slight motion in the Porygon's eyes, and it stared on at Nichols. Slowly, the eyes were beginning to change color.

"Oh no," said Nichols with worry, "It's going to video mode! If my Dad that I lent you the disc, he's going to kill me! Feraligatr, go; take him out!"

Johnny had no time to react; Nichols had just called out his beast. The one that had supposedly won five badges for Nichols, including a badge by a grass type GYM Leader.

"Nichols; not in the house!" but it was too late.

Water blasted from the Feraligatr, hitting the Porygon head on. Johnny's entire wall was drenched, but even so, the water kept on with a hydro blast move, breaking the wall that lead straight to Johnny's sister's room, and extremely watered just about everything in it.

When it was done, the Porygon was left shaking on the floor of Alexandra's room (Johnny's sister).

Slowly, Johnny turned his head towards Nichols. Nichols only smiled a weak grin as he watched Johnny's hands clench into fists and steam rise towards his face. Then, his right eye twitched.

"Hey, it was for the greater good…"

Feraligatr made a triumphant cry, satisfied with his or her easy win; Johnny was not sure what gender it was, but at the moment, he really didn't care. It was in this time strain, that he had all of his energy and hate projected towards Nichols. Yet, he did nothing. He did not move, and he said no word.

"You know, if you make a good documentary, this could, you know, easily be cleaned up, right? I mean—you know? Do you?"

Johnny was about to respond with a massive outburst, but then the Feraligatr went right for him, rubbing against his shoulder. For a moment, Johnny was shocked at the gesture. There was a brief second of silence as the image of the Feraligatr not going by his or her trainer was slowly being processed.

Then, Johnny laughed a bit, the shoulder rub became a soft tackle, and the two were at it. Nichols shrugged and joined in the slight dog pile.

"Jon-Jon, we're home!" shouted a voice from the entrance hall.

At that moment, Johnny and Nichols stopped. Their expressions, which just moments ago had been something playful, were now nervous, and frightened. It took awhile for the Feraligatr to get the idea too. It wasn't until the scream was heard the ice was broken, and the two scrambled for the window and out into sunlight.

Once at the street, Nichols returned Feraligatr. A slightly beaten Porygon followed behind jaggedly.

"Okay…" began Johnny, panting. "Uh…we weren't home, and a burglar broke in trying to steal something. Got it?"

"Works fine for me," replied Nichols quickly, before the two continued to run further away from the house, Porygon behind them.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Full Given Name: Lucius Rowley

Nicknames (Optional): Snorlax (close friends only. Explained in Personality)

Appearance: Always fashioning a lavender shirt, maroon jacket and tight, black pants, Lucius can sometimes look a little weird. No matter what the weather is, he always has a scarlet scarf wrapped around his neck. His hair is short, dark blue and covers a little bit of his face. Seeing as "it takes too much time to fix his hair", Lucius just keeps it all ruffled up. His eyes are just a slightly lighter shade of blue than his hair. In his favorite pair of black sneakers, Lucius stands at about five feet, eight inches. Due to him spending a lot of time inside, he skin looks slightly pale.

Although his nickname may stir some ideas about his weight, Lucius is a fairly skinny teen. Weighing in at only 140 Ibs, he should actually gain a few pounds. He believes working out is just a "waste of time" and he'd rather just lie in bed all day. The black backpack he carries around whenever he's forced to leave his house contains a laptop with a variety of games for him to play. No matter what he's doing, his mind never seems to be fully concentrated on it.

Personality: Lazy beyond comprehension, Lucius takes his nickname, "Snorlax", with pride. Anything involving intense work can be considered a dislike for Lucius. His lazy attitude can be very annoying at times. Lucius has a bad habit at really killing a conversation with his smart remarks. He sometimes does this on purpose if a conversation is lasting too long.

His dream of learning about Pokemon and his lazy persona seem to clash at times. He could be ready for a journey at one point, but when it actually begins, he starts whining. His only known fear is of large bodies of water because of an accident eight years previous. In fact

History: Growing up in a village with no Pokemon Centers or PokeMarts, Lucius has spent little time around Pokemon-kind. When he was seven, he drifted off into the outskirts of town and near a river. In one false step, he fell into the raging stream of water. He was over-powered in seconds and knew it was all over... but it wasn't. A wolf-like figure saw his body in the water, jumped in itself, and managed to pull him out. When he reached safety, the last thing he saw before blacking out was the face of his savior; an Absol. When he had awoken, he was back in his room. His father explained to him how the guards found him by the river's side; badly scarred and unconscious. Ever since, he's dreamed of getting a chance of learning more about Pokemon-kind. He finally gets this chance when the mysterious letter arrives.

Pokémon wanted: Absol. Reason should be obvious.

Other: I tend to allow my Pokemon to "talk" (Makes interaction easier). When they do, their dialogue will be in <>'s instead of "'s.

RP Sample: I guess I'll just write out the history...

The seven-year old Lucius looked past the town entrance where a thick forest stood.

"I wonder what's in there," he thought to himself as he eyed the tall trees. Then suddenly, something rustled the nearby bushes. Lucius thought it was the wind until he saw it happen again... and again.

"I bet no one would mind if I go check it out." Lucius reassured himself as he approached the bush. However, when he reached it, he saw nothing but a stack of leaves.

"Guess it was the wind," Lucius' face expression immediately turned into a smirk. "Well, I am already here. Might as well go check out the rest of this place." Without even thinking his decision over a second time, the young boy rushed into the woods.

The towering trees blocked most of the sunlight entering the woods, and Lucius found it extremely hard to get around. In minutes, he regretted ever entering the place. However, there was one problem; which way was out? The child ran around frantically, searching for any sign of civilization. Soon enough, he heard the sound of running water.

Overwhelmed with joy, Lucius ran to the sound without thinking anything through. When he saw the end of the forest in sight, he only increased in speed. Then, before he knew it, he was flying off the edge of the last piece of land left.

SPLASH!!!

The raging river showed no mercy as it tried to pull Lucius to its depths. It only took a few seconds for the child to run out of energy and give in to the river's power. He slowly sunk to the bottom, he eyes focused on how the sun and clouds looked from underwater. If this was the end, he wanted it to be beautiful.

Then suddenly, a faint splash caught Lucius' attention. He looked all around until he spotted a white and black, wolf-like Pokemon rushing to his aid. Its powerful jaws clamped on his shirt and quickly dragged him to the surface. With unprecedented strength, it tossed him onto land. Lucius took deep, heavy breathes; appreciating the Earth's oxygen more than ever. Soon, his savior joined him.

He felt his vision go blurry until finally, everything went black. However, before completely losing consciousness, he believed he heard the Pokemon say "<Humans... What an interesting species...>"

Last edited:

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    Sorry, but can I just post this here for now? I'm kind of in a hurry, so I'll finish it tommorrow. Sorry! xP

Full Given Name: Aspen Winters

Appearance: Will ad later.

Personality: Will add later.

History: Will add later.

Pokémon Wanted: Will add later.

Other: Will add later.

RP Sample: Will add later.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • EDIT~ Done, unless you want me to lengthen the RP sample

Full Given Name: Melissa Klarice Queens

Nicknames (Optional): "Melly"

Appearance: At first glance Melissa is your typical fashion-queen girly girl. Her thick mane of hair reaches about half way down her back, and is an almost garish looking strawberry blond color. Her hair is usually kept down, with a small portion pulled up into a classic pony-tail bound by a worn pink hair-tie. Her eyes are rather featureless, being a particularly dull shade of blue, almost to the point of being a stormy gray. Pierced through Melissa's ears is a pair of lustrous golden hearts which were a gift from her father. At her neckline rests a silver chained amethyst, which falls to just above her dress.

Despite Melissa's strong presence, her body is rather petite. She stands at 5'4", and could be considered underweight at 100 lbs. Her figure is full of curves, which she accentuates with her drastic style of clothing. A pink thin-strapped dress floats over her body, except for a tight spot of ruffles at her bust. Below her dress she adorns a pair of purple jeans, which are faded with many years of wear. The only piece of her outfit which could be considered practical would be her bright, red tennis shoes.

Personality: Melissa has a varied array of interests, but her most distinguishing feature would be her undeniable talent at piano. Melissa doesn't care to read anything other then music, and isn't skilled at anything academic. However, this doesn't mean she is unintelligent. She simply feels that academic studies would not be of use to her, so she dismisses them without a second thought. Melissa tends to use this outlook on many things in life, due to being brought up in a rich family. Melissa has very few friends, mainly because she feels there are a very few people worthy of being her friend; so Melissa spends much of her time alone with her piano. When Melissa isn't at her piano she often comes across as stern and demanding, and isn't polite to anybody other then her parents and piano teacher.

Melissa's ultimate goal in life is to be a world renowned piano player, and a top class pokémon trainer. The first of her dreams seems not far from her grasp, but the latter is a far call from reality. Melissa's parents are against pokémon of any kind and they do not hesitate to express their dislike of them. Her parent's would prefer Melissa to not become a trainer, but with Melissa's demanding attitude it is hard to convey that message to her.

Other then Melissa's talent at piano, Melissa is quite the botanist. She has a large garden full of plants ranging from ferns to roses, all of which she keeps thriving year-round. Melissa usually has little to no patience with everything in life, but has all the patience in the world with her plants. To her, they are her children, and she treats them as such. Her knowledge of plants works as a sort of back up, if Melissa's other goals should fail, so she could be come a botanist or gardener.

Overall, Melissa is very spoiled, and unremittingly demanding. She doesn't stoop to any level, and expects everybody around her to dance to her every whim. She likes to think of herself as a leader, but her unwillingness to consider ideas other then her own makes her quite the opposite.

History: Melissa was born into a strong family with a rich heritage. Her father, Percy Queens, is a corporate stock investor, whilst her mother, Lydia Queens, is a doctor at the far-off hospital. While her parent's jobs brought in lots of money, it also meant they were away from home for great periods of time through out Melissa's childhood. This has partially contributed to Melissa's spoiled attitude, but the greater factor would be what they did when they were home. They would buy her anything she wanted, in order to keep her happy and so she wouldn't need a babysitter. This seemed to work in the beginning, but as Melissa grew older she soon became tired of nick-nacks and dolls and began to demand more. Her parent's responded by giving her a piano and a piano teacher. This would affect Melissa's for the rest of her life.

Melissa's love for pokémon would be born when she was 9 years old, and on a visit to her parent's house in Sinnoh. On one sunny afternoon, Melissa decided to explore the forest behind her grandparents' house. She began to make her way through the thick forest, but soon felt as if somebody or something was following her. Being the headstrong girl she was, Melissa demanded whoever was following her to show themselves. In response, a big, hulking Graveler lumbered in front of her. The Graveler raised its bulking arms, and prepared to strike Melissa. All of Melissa seemed frozen, despite her best efforts she could persuade her legs to move. However, she did manage to let out an ear splitting scream, which echoed for hundreds of feet in the forest. Then, almost as if in response, a small pink Cherrim gracefully waddled behind Melissa and let out a stream of razor sharp green leaves towards the Graveler. The Graveler roared in pain, and swiftly as it could it lumbered off into the forest. Melissa, still shaken by the experience, turned to her savior. The Cherrim looked at Melissa, and then waddled back the way it had come. And so, Melissa's love for pokémon, particularly grass types, would be born.

Another momentous part of Melissa's life would have to be when she managed to win a rudimentary piano contest. When Melissa was first informed of the contest, she was immediately interested. However, she decided that she needn't practice for the competition. When the type of the contest came around, Melissa was eager as ever, but this would soon turn to nervousness as she watched her competition on stage. When Melissa's turn came up, she struggled to get everything just right, she couldn't stand the thought of losing. In the end, Melissa did win the contest, but it taught her about studying, even for something you thought was beneath you.

The final major event in Melissa's life would be her father's death. Melissa was 13 at the time. Her father had been suffering from lung cancer for several years now, and the family was told that despite the hospitals best efforts, the cancer wouldn't leave the body. Finally, on February 9th, her father died, ironically the same day as Melissa's birthday. The last thing her father said to her, was a heart-wrenching apology, an apology for not being there for her. He also placed in her hands a pair of golden heart ear-rings, which shined like the sun. Melissa has worn them ever since.

Pokémon wanted: Melissa's preferred starter pokemon would be a Cherubi

Other: Melissa's birthday is February 9th

RP Sample: Short sample... but I didn't have much to work with when I originally made it.

Blake listened to the words the flowed from Holly's mouth. It took a few minutes for the words to sink in, and the harshness of them almost knocked him over. It was if the words had carved out a piece of his soul and tossed it out to rot. Colors swam, the world around him spun into a spiraling vortex. Blake reached out and grabbed the table for support.

"You…you don't mean that…" he managed to utter. He had to hope with all his heart that Holly hadn't meant what she said. It was the last thread of hope within his grasp, and he felt it slipping away from him.

"You… you don't mean that!" he spoke more forcefully this time. He raked his nails through his hair, it felt as if his entire body was on fire with grief.

"YOU DON'T MEAN THAT!" Blake rose to the floor, and looked down at Holly. She looked so much smaller when he was standing, almost like a little fairy. Yes, a little fairy who had captured his heart, and was now ripping it in two. It had been three years since he met her, and all that time he prayed nothing like this would happen. He had waited up many nights, worrying that something like this had happen. And now it had.

"Holly… you can't mean that…" he felt his voice weakening, like the rest of his body, it didn't want to work right. He didn't want to show a sign of weakness in front of Holly, but he couldn't help it. His breath's quickened, his knee's buckled, and it took all his strength to stumble towards the door. He didn't want to hear Holly's reply... he couldn't bear to hear her reply. Blake opened the door, and tried to go. Go where, he didn't know. But he needed to go somewhere. his body had other plans, after a few steps, he collapsed on the dining room floor, and he felt tears well up inside him.

"Why!? Why!? Why did it have to be like this!?" Blake felt the tears leak down his face, and onto the shag rug. It was funny, the looked almost beautiful on the floor, with the light of the full moon reflecting in them. Somehow, this didn't make Blake feel any better. In fact, it made him feel worse. He began to pound his fists on the floor, like he had when he was younger. He knew that this was bound to wake up the others, but he didn't care. Nothing mattered any more. In his mind, the world was over.

Last edited:

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
  • Sign-up Sheet

Full Given Name: Shannon McCain

Nicknames: He normally just goes by his last name, it makes him feel more professional.

Appearance: Shannon stands at 6' and weighs in at 210 lbs. His skin tone is of a molotto complex, and his muscle tone isn't exactly buff, but it's to the point where there isn't any flab on his body. His ensamble consists of many old fashioned materials and fabrics that many people would look at and think "What the heck is he wearing?" He wears a white collared dress shirt with short sleeves, and a light blue vest over it. He wears a black tie, with black slacks and black dress shoes to match. He also wears a black fedora hat with a light blue line going around the bottom that is about two inches wide. Other things about his appearance are a black Zirconium studded earring in his left ear, and a watch with a light blue lens on his left wrist. One more item worth mentioning is a small-ish knapsack he keeps on his right shoulder, which contains his work materials: Notebooks, pencils, a magnifying glass, and other related items. (I'll explain later)

Personality: Shannon has a deep passion to find out the truth. As a result, his tolerance of wrong-doings is very limited, although if needed he can be quite cunning. Always kind, Shannon is what some people call a true gentleman. Shannon likes a lot of old fasioned things, be it cars, music, art, or fads. He is also a stickler for music; He'll listen to anything, although he has a special place in his heart for Jazz, Altenative, and Ska. He is even a skilled pianist/keyboarder. Shannon also tends to get a little big headed in his abilities, even though he is a good problem solver. (again, later) But he eventually catches himself and gets back to whatever he was doing.

History: Shannon has had an intrest in crime-solving at an early age, and as a result, is now a professional Detective. He started out at the age of twelve, but those were really minor things, like finding a missing doll, or finding out who took the last soda out of the refridgerator. When he was seventeen, he was allowed to move onto bigger things, untill he became eighteen and was considered an adult. These tasks included mainly robberies, as both Shannon's mother and the city govener diddn't want Shannon in the murder scene quite yet. Now eighteen, there is no limit in what Shannon can explore.

Pokémon wanted: Seviper

Other: Shannon is very serious about his work. Call him crazy, but to him it's profession first, everything else later. Sure he finds time to do other things, but as he's said before; "In the name of Sherlock Holmes, Dick Tracey, and even Humphrey Bogart, I will not rest untill this case is solved!"

RP Sample: (Edit: Alright, I spliced this as the requirement stated. It may look a little edgy, but remember that this was not it's original format. If I get into the RP, my entries will look a lot neater, trust me.)

"I have a sugg.."

Was all Nick could let out when Galactus and his three admins showed up in the middle of Sunnyshore. Galactus then shouted in a megaphone

"Attention, Citizens of Sunnyshore!" He said with his usual insane voice "I have an important announcement to make. I promise this will change your life forever!" Just then a reporter and three cameramen went over to get a good shot of Galactus. The cameramen set up their equippment, and the reporter began to speak into the microphone.

"Hello, this is Gabby, and we have a situation in Sunnyshore." The reporter announced. "There is a madman on a bridge and he is ranting about something. let's watch."

Galactus then Shouted "You may remember a team by the name of Galactic five years ago! They were nothing! This is were true evil lays! Right then hundreds of grunts, drssed all in black and dark grey, appeared behind the admins and Galactus. "We of team Universe shall rule all!" The grunts do some kind of cheer.

"Just what do you plan to do, exactly?" asked the mayor of Sunnyshore.

"Simple" Said galactus, with an insane grin. I plan to engulf the entire planet in lava! Gasps can be heard all around.

"This is getting good" said Gabby from a distance "and creepy..."

"You're out of your gord!" Replied the mayor. "How do you possibly plan to do that?"

"Excellent question!" said Galactus. "You may have heard of a place not far from here by the name of Stark mountain, correct?"

the mayor cringed "Yes?" he said with an impatient tone "Go on!"

"I have a few associates feilding out the place for a few hours" Galactus stated "That will allow me to wake up Heatran! The fabled creature said to dwell in the mountain's walls!"

The mayor cried "You're sick! You actually think you can get away with this, Psyco?"

Galactus glared at the mayor. "First off, my name is Galactus! Second, who is stupid enough to mess with us, right guys?" the admins and grunts do that same cheer. "So you see" says Galactus "I'm not worried. Heatran will awaken, thus allowing me to capture it. Once I do, Heatran will make this planet what I want it to be: A complete wasteland. Nobody or nothing will live unless I say so!" Galactus bellowed.

Just then, a man with red and yellow hair went over to Galactus.

"What is it, Buck?" Galactus asked "You were supposed to stake out the mountian!"

"Relax" Stated Buck "I just came to tell you that our evaccuation plan was a sucess."

"Excellent!" Said Galactus with glee. "People, In approxamently four hours, the planet that you now know will be gone forever! Farewell" Galactus then left, with his admins, grunts and Buck.

"And that's the news" said Gabby, trying to sound happy, but failing horribly.

"Wow" Said Nick "That was disturbing..."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Full Given Name: tyler usry

Nicknames (Optional): ty

Appearance: always in a orange shirt with green vest,black shorts,turqoise shoes, his hair is dark black,his eyes are blue he stands around at 6'12

Personality:always wanting to take apart things and find the truth,usaly a very calm and cool person nothing bugs him unles someone picks on his freinds,likes jazz alot he only listens to jazz,hates out of anything people who do wrong for no reason,one of the smarter people can some times think hes above evryone,

History: at a young age he always took apart electronics and tamperd with them this usaly got him in trouble because his mom always woried about him being shocked.later in life he did more sophisticated like turn the microwave into a oven and making remote control refrigerator.hes always wanted to be a trainer so he coud make a bond with pokemon and be happy.

Pokémon wanted: swampert

Reason — tyler likes swamperts because there imune to electric attacks.

Other: none

RP Sample: tyler woke up on the morning that he became a trainer and shouted "i will be a pokemon master!" then his piplup woke up and jumped on his head and copied tyler "pip pip pip pip pip pip!"

"hi pipy" i said "sorry for wakeing you up" tyler put piplup down and got dressed

when i got done piplup rushed me out of the house "pip pip pip pip" "ok im going piplup get a grip will you" i said to piplup (will add more if needed

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I'll finish in the morning, It's 2:30 AM in the morning over here

Full Given Name: Alan R. Steel

Nicknames (Optional): Steel

Appearance: AJ's figure is Five Foot Seven and One hundred and fifty-five pounds, he has a tall muscular Latin figure. I'll start with his head, One of AJ's eyes are blue while one of them are red, this is due to a chemical accident when he was a child. His ears are medium size and he has his left ear pierced with a small golden hoop hanging in symbolism. His teeth are for the most part straight and white with the exception of his most back tooth which is silver. AJ is for the most part ashamed of his eyes so he wears shades most of the time to make sure no one can see his bi-color eyes. His most distinguished feature on his face is the cross tattoo on his forehead, it's plain white with no outline. His hair is silky black and hangs over his shoulders about five inches in a ponytail, he also has white bangs that were dyed that way.

Next stop his torso, He wears a cross pendent around his neck and it hangs on a silver chain. Starting from the bottom up, he first wears a black T-shirt and then he wears a Crimson vest over that which has flames on them and on the back has the words " Made In Heaven" Over that he wears a white trench coat with a large black cross and the words Fallen Angel on the back. He has black fingerless gloves on over his hands, along with a diamond ring around his left hand's pointer finger.

Now coming to the lower half, He wears black leather pants and long black combat boots, anything besides that down here... Is none of your business, hehehe...

Personality:

History:

Pokémon wanted: Mudkip

Other:

RP Sample:

First I'll show you my skills in general, Taken from My RP: "Secrets Of The Darkness"

AJ felt like he was being watched, from the sky's, How strange... AJ thought silently to himself, He payed his attention to the one talking to him, which was... Leroy! Of course. Leroy was trying to lighten him up with his stale humor, it wasn't working, not at all. Leroy then said that a good plan would be to double team on single enemies, " To make them think we have more then they do." He had said.

AJ found himself slightly aggravated with Leroy's plan, We? Great numbers? AJ mentally laughed, the Arcana had the whole world, while they only had about sixty or less people, in the war against The Fool, they would be facing at least three hundred of each kind of warriors. El Gigante's and Hacha's, not to mention the deadly Chainsaw Beasts and the common zombie like creatures.

The other flaw in Leroys plan was the fact that the enemies they would be facing had nearly no soul and such, they had no real mind, they we're puppets being controlled by the puppeteer, Dillon. But some soldiers still retained their mentality, not all with their humanity; they had all been altered in one way or another. AJ remembered his first encounter with one of these warriors, it was still fresh in his mind.

He had been causing lot's of trouble to Dillon, not even trying to act careful, in result Dillon sent one of his impossibly altered soldiers to finish him. AJ had been in Pallet at the time and it ended up being urban combat, Walking along and suddenly feeling a dark presence behind me, turning around quickly I saw him; nearly standing at seven feet tall, he held a massive rail gun aiming at me, about to pull the trigger.

I drew out a incineration grenade and in a swift motion stuck it in the barrel of the gun, diving backwards as it exploded. Hoping that that was the end of it, reluctantly looking toward the smoldering ashes of the rail gun, but he was still there and didn't look phased by the fiery death of his weapon.

And he didn't look amused, " Now, I'm mad." I had been shocked by that the most, that he spoke more then just mindless moans. He cracked his neck to the right, then to the left, an audiable crack sound could be heard. The man started to charge, looking then I could see that he had a large blade drawn to his left arm and he was going kill me with it. I drew my nine millimeter handguns and started unloading the rounds onto the large man, blast after blast, the bullets were piercing but he didn't show a sign of slowing down, feeling desperate I unveiled my combat knife, but by then I had been hit. The large blade went into my shoulder, it went in deep, I felt my chance to attack as he stood there with his knife plunged into my left shoulder, using my right arm I swung the combat knife into his chest, hoping that my slim chance of hitting his heart would pull through.

He seemed to be in a small shock, blood started to drip from the puncture wound and stained his clothing, hoping to finish this brawl I pulled out my Eight gauge shotgun and aimed toward his face, even though he was in shock he was still smiling, " Wipe that grin off your face... Better yet, let me!" I fired once, twice into his face, the bb's found their ways into many parts of his face and scraped the flesh off the muscle, creating many places that were impulsively bleeding.

The man still stood however, " Thats Bullsheet!" I cursed angrily as my anger pented up, in my rage I sent four more of the powerful shotgun blast into his skull, the fourth one decapitating the fellow. His bloody head slid off his neck and landed on the ground with a meaty sounding squish. " I'm going to
    have to be more careful from now on." I said aloud walking away, " Oh yeah, one more thing." I pulled the knife out of his chest.

AJ snapped back to the present, " Your plan wouldn't work, not at all." AJ didn't feel the need to explain.

" I'm going to do a little something and then we'll head out." AJ announced as he sat down in a chair and pulled out a small laptop.

And Now for a sample that shows my experience with Pokemon Roleplays.

AJ grasped for the pokeball that resided shallowly within his white trenchcoat, he found it quite easily. The contents of the crimson and white orb within his grasp added up to a rather stubborn and arrogant mud fish, but of course this was AJ's only one to turn too. Without so much as a sound he pulled out the spherical object and heaved it on to the battle's floor, a heavy bang sound followed by a light click ensued. A flash of rosy red came from the sphere as it unfastened and came open, as the red light faded a blue figure with a dark blue fin on it's head and orange stars on it's cheeks was revealed.

AJ's opponent merely smirked and let out a creature that seemed to have a flame on it's tail, " This match isn't very even, A water and ground type versus a fire type? How unfortunate for you and your Charmander." AJ mumbled out slowly to his unnamed foe.

" If that's what you think, then you'll be sorely mistaken!" The foe cried out in a rage, " Charmander, use ember!" He yelled out to his Pokemon in high hopes of an easy win. AJ knew that his Mudkip wasn't very strong nor did it like to be ordered around, a unfortunate combination indeed. Of course with AJ's intellect and superior strategical abilities this could be a win yet. " Mudkip, use water gun on the ember and follow in up with dig!" AJ told his slimy blue companion.

Surprisingly the temperamental Pokemon listened and sent out a water gun to battle the ember, the fire was quickly turned to steam in the other trainer's strong dismay, and to top that off Mudkip then dug himself a hole in the soft soil. " No fair, thats cheating, you can't go underground!" The other trainer complained, though it sounded more like a plead. " It's an attack called dig, and it is allowed." AJ told the newbie.

Seconds later the earth beneath the fire tailed Pokemon was broken and out came a blue mud fish, in the busting of the ground the Mudkip tackled Charmander into submission, thereby ending the current battle. The other trainer was obviously disappointed but still forked up the ante, AJ took the 500 dollars and started off on his way, the money would pay for a good meal and hotel room for the night. AJ beamed Mudkip back into it's pokeball and let the defeated trainer to sob off his defeat.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Heh, a sign-up surge. ^-^ Awwright...let's see what we've got here:

@ACC: You're a disgrace to RPers everywhere! How dare you even try to sign up, you worthless knave?! It's back to grade school with you! >O

I kid, of course; but after CARD GAMES you probably knew to expect that. ;D All criteria have been surpassed with flying colors, so without a shadow of doubt you are ~Accepted~. Model sign-up, y'all; if you can meet this standard you are most likely accepted. ^^

@Porygon-Z: Yeah, I realized about the booster after starting the thread. Ah well, I liked the sound of it and the connotations fit what I have in mind so I'm not bothered. As for the wanted pokémon, this is only asking for the first one you want your character to get (Because they're super special awesome); the rest will be sorted out during the course of the RP. Anyways, your sign-up is currently ~Pending~ for obvious reasons. :3

@PikaPal: Well, quality-wise this is acceptable but I'm left missing a bit on the quantity side. The appearance could use a word or two on overall body shape (Y'know, is she tall or short? Thin or chubby? Something in between? Any identifying features? Stuff like that. On the personality, I like what I see thus far but again, there should be more to it (What are her hopes and aspirations? What about fears and anxieties? What does she do for fun? You mentioned that she's not very social, but is she timid in general (As in, does she have trouble taking independent action?)? You get the idea, I think.). The sample could also use some paragraphing; every time the speaker in a conversation changes it calls for a new paragraph, same for changes of subject in description. I think you and your character have the potential, but I just get the feeling that you have the skills to do better.

For now, I'll stamp this as ~Pending~, but it's only a few improvements away from being accepted. :3

@Charchic: Sorry, but your profile is just way too lacking in content all around and you have a bit of comma abuse going on too. The Pikachu in your sample is also brushing a bit too close to 'mindless drone happily doing whatever the trainer wants'; careful, that's not personality but lack thereof.

As it is, your sign-up is ~Pending~; you'll need to add a lot of detail and preferably do something about your commas if you want this accepted.

@Random_Fan: Okay, you do have a bit of a shortness problem too, particularly in the History field, but your RP Sample is very convincing (and at the end of the day it's the post quality that weighs the most), so you're...~Accepted~

@Glajummy: Repeat of the details thing. Considering his nickname, I really do have to ask: does he have the waistline to go with it or not? xD Yeah, I'm going to require a clarification on that in the Appearance field. Also, missing more details on the personality. Take a look at ACC's profile for the kind of things you could bring up. Also, don't be afraid to elaborate on his personality traits. The sample and pokémon speech convention are both fine. Still, until Appearance and Personality get a boost I'm going to have to say ~Pending~.

@Insomnium: Later it is, then. ~Pending~

@Aegis: Good quality thus far, keep it up and you'll be accepted when you're done, but until then...~Pending~

@King Cosmic: Again, good quality but it's still incomplete so...~Pending~

@GhostPrincess: Okay, you're repeating Sakura's name way too frequently in your writing. That's a stylistic no-no; try to substitute it with equivalent expressions from time to time to keep it from sounding repetitive. Overall, your use of language is just not very fluent and the fields of your profile are a bit lacking all around. ~Pending~

@palkia lover: Sorry, but your profile is failed on every criterion, including use of language, and judging by your wanted pokémon you have not even paid proper attention to the setting restrictions. I have half a mind to call pending, but considering the general standard and size of the crowd here I just don't think it would be very fruitful. I'm afraid that your sign-up is ~Declined~

@Fallen: Okay, in terms of writing quality we don't really have an issue here. Your character, however, is another matter. I know that some people here like to recycle their old characters from time to time and when it's only done once in a while it's alright, but you've been at this for like what? A year? And still the only character I've ever seen you play is AJ; rain or shine, regardless of setting and plot. Sorry, but you seriously need to step out of your comfort zone and I'm afraid that I have no choice but to make you. Bring a character that you don't sign up for every RP under the sun (And who is significantly different from this guy) and we're talking, but until then...~Pending~

Okay, some general notes: First off, when this RP kicks off anyone remaining at a verdict of ~Pending~ will be switched to ~Declined~, so to whom it may concern: fix/finish your profiles before then. Second, keep in mind that the characters themselves don't know what's in store for them (even though you've got a small hint of a spoiler) and that the 'Wanted Pokémon' field refers to the pokémon you want your character to have; it doesn't need to coincide with your character's wishes. (Although of course it can)

Anyway, my own profile will be up later. Please post any comments and questions about profiles (and my verdicts on them) in the OOC Discussion and I'll do my best to answer them. Thank you. ^^

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I admire you Random_Fan, but you took my freaking Pokemon that I would have only even considered for this RP...curse you! Heh, just kidding, but really, Sneasel was my first choice, but I suppose my alternative would be just as useful, so no harm done. .3.

Full Given Name: Li Meiling

Nicknames (Optional): Plum

Appearance: Plum can be described as a tall and pretty young woman, who dresses respectively but also in a manner that flatters her figure. This assumption however, is only partially true. Plum is indeed tall and quite attractive, but her method of dressing herself is another matter. It's true that her usual attire is quite flattering for her figure, but her motives for dressing in such a way only stem from two influences. The first being her respect for her village and its name, and the second reason being her simple desire to look as 'hot' as possible, as she so adequately admitted. She also realises that these two reasons that have so much influence on her presentation, tend to conflict with one another, but with so little conscience holding her back, she tends to do whatever makes her happy regardless.

Following that, Plum's usual attire consists of a long ceremonial dress, resembling a kimono, decorated with detailed patterns across the front, sides and back of the garment. The dress opens up from the neckline and extends across both arms before descending over her chest and across her torso, while leaving her stomach uncovered. The overall presentation of the robe reveals an open 'V' shape across her torso, beginning at her neck and ending at her waist, revealing more skin than her village's dress code would allow. A supporting maroon cummerbund is tied at this point, before allowing the robe to fold down over her legs. From here, the dress reaches just above the middle of her thighs, where the robe is torn all around, leaving her visibly bare from just above her knees and below.

Each sleeve of the robe is extended across both arms and reach just short of her fingertips. The hemline of each arm is layered against the sleeves of her inner dress and comes just short of each hand's palm. The inner dress itself provides a thin undercoat for cushioning against the over dress and for general support on top of her bare skin.

Thin floral patterns decorate the ends of the dress's hemlines and sleeves, and are stitched directly into the material. The main body of the dress is of a blood-red colour, while its floral patterns are stitched using thin white thread.

Underneath her dress's waist, Plum also sports a pair of tight knee-long pants that cover her groin and upper thighs. The pants are also of a white colour, matching her inner dress top.

Furthermore, Plum often adorns a pair of wooden Getas to cover her bare feet. She also sports an iron rings on each arm and has made the point of never removing them. Each ring spans 8.5 centimetres wide and are gold in colour.

Plum's physical appearance, below all of her clothing, is much more refined, in comparison to her tattered two-year old robe. Her skin is of an olive complexion, but is also tanned across her lower legs, forearms and face, due to excessive exposure to sunlight during her training outdoors. This only adds to her so-called 'hot' appearance, but she is more than willing to obtain a full body tone if the opportunity arises, or if asked. Sporting a well toned and physically healthy body for a woman her age, Plum is very athletic and quite flexible, and does little to hide it.

Finishing off her rebel samurai look, her long, sharp and rugged hair is her most treasured and often praised asset. Despite its roughness, the length, volume and condition of her hair is quite a feat for someone who had spent the majority of her life roughing it outdoors and under the sun everyday. Grooming it is often difficult and often than not, Plum decides not to and rather let it remain as is. Dark brown in colour, the forefront of her hair details her fringe in spiked clumps, while remaining almost circular over her back. The ends of her hair reach just below her waistline, but are often tied into a short explosive ponytail, in order to reduce the amount of flailing it may induce during rigorous activities.

Personality: Plum is more or less an irrational and physically abusive teenager, who acts instinctively and on impulse, while throwing out any form of logical thinking. She's extremely boisterous and will speak her mind regardless of the consequences, which can compromise her own and others' safety. Sarcasm and cursing are also the common mannerisms she adopts in her rather limited vocabulary and oral abilities. The effect she seems to have when using such mannerisms however, have proven quiet effective in intimidating and putting down others, both common pastimes in her short seventeen years of life. Amongst her clan, her behaviour is extremely uncommon and is often than not, looked down upon. Despite this, her reputation is regarded quite highly, due to certain individual characteristics, and this only provokes her boorish attitude.

Following the samurai code of ethics, Plum is able to compose herself temporarily, but has many personal conflicts in relation to the discipline. The reason as to why she has been able to subdue herself for as long as she has, is solely due to her strict upbringing, where her exponential energy was restrained the best it could be at that time. This did little to suppress her unique and individual attitude, but allowed her to become much stronger mentally, as well as physically.

Stemming from this, in rare moments of curiosity and need, Plum is prone to become very suddenly 'familiar' with those around her. She has developed a technique of being able to use herself, often physically, to befriend those she wishes to make contact with. Whether her intentions stem solely from personal motives, or genuine friendship is largely unknown.

With that, Plum grew into a very intimidating, domineering and self-absorbed teenage girl. She had also been the one who had given herself the nickname; Plum, after learning the meaning behind her given name. In line with her brash, upfront and arbitrary personality, she still follows the strict rulings and ethics of the samurai. Of course, she also incorporates her own ideals into such a discipline, thus allowing her to continue living without guilt.

History: Plum, despite being of Hoenn descent, was raised in a traditional samurai village in the midst of Johto. The village was located far north of Ecruteak, and adopted many of their neighbouring town's customs. Because of this, her village prospered in a life of simplicity and tradition, promoting a humble yet strict upbringing.

For Plum however, the introduction of the modern world through her learning of Johto's other cities and towns, only provoked her young mind into thinking of living a life much more complex and exciting than what she was accustomed to. With such knowledge, she began going against the way of her village's customs and promoted a more modern way of living, taking examples from Goldenrod and Olivine respectively. From this, her personality began to grow much more undisciplined as her modernised way of thinking was constantly rejected by her family and village. Thus, in an effort to remedy her abrupt mood swings and mental stability, her parents inquired that she undergo strict samurai training, to help mould her 'devil's mind', as they so aptly named it. For to train as a samurai, was one of the most gruelling and difficult trials a member of the village could be put through, but with determination and hard work, the result would be more than rewarding.

Plum was of course, defiant against her parents' wishes and immediately revolted, taking every opportunity she had to degrade her village's customs and promote a more modernised way of life. However, her brash attitude had insulted the village for the last time, and she was forcibly taken into the village's 'educational' program.

She spent the first two weeks of her time being 'educated', making attempts to escape the confines of her training. Each attempt proved fruitless and only served as another source for more punishment. Adapting to such a scenario, Plum decided to go along with the program as quickly as she could, in an effort to being allowed to leave as early as possible. This however, also proved to be ineffective, due to her constant examinations and trials, where she failed miserably every time. And this was only because she had rushed through her lessons and training, without learning a thing. Thus, after six failed weeks of samurai training and escaping attempts, Plum came to the inevitable decision of actually taking the training seriously. Physically and mentally exhausted and knowing full well she would never be able to return home without passing, she once again began her long and arduous samurai training.

For the next nine years, Plum continued to practice as an intermediate samurai who quickly became quite skilled in her physical abilities, but was less than impressive, academically. Unable to concentrate long enough in order to process scenarios logically and strategically, she taught herself to rely solely on her instincts and became accustomed to the secret art of improvisation. During this time, she still held her initial beliefs in modernising the village's customs, but now held much more respect for its traditions. In spite of this however, her attitude remained almost exactly the same from when she had started her training nine years prior, but was able to subdue it to an extent, in accordance to the application of the samurai code of ethics.

Throughout all of this, her life has been one of simple beginnings and big dreams, one of them being her return to Hoenn. During her childhood, Plum often received messages from her relatives that had settled in her birth region of Hoenn, and she often yearned to travel there to meet said family. Such communication with other regions, including mail, phone and video, were the most modern applications allowed in her village at the time, and she didn't take it for granted. However, around the time of her eighteenth birthday, all communications between her and her relatives disappeared. She continued to send messages for the following year, but to her disappointment, there were no replies. Finally deciding to leave the village in search of answers, her first clue came about in the form of an invitation, from an anonymous sender. She took the invitation as a lead to why her communications with Hoenn were cut and set off to find the root of the problem.

Pokémon wanted: Scyther

Other: Plum's method of fighting had been deemed too reckless and endangering to be taken seriously as a samurai, thus she was presented with a sword made from bamboo, to allow her to become more accustomed to wielding such a weapon, but to also minimise the amount of damage she might cause in doing so.

RP Sample: (Taken from RP: Bonds and Journeys) The sun was hot and Chelsea for one was not enjoying the heat. She sat on the gravel path, her back against the edge of the seat, with her head mounted on the bench's arc. Sunlight struck her face as she sat against the seat with her eyes closed, waiting for the bus to arrive and take her to her destination. Added to the fact that the station had no surrounding shelter, did not help her situation.

"It's…so…hot…" she breathed, as beads of sweat ran down her face. "Maybe I shouldn't have overdressed…"

A flock of Pidgey suddenly passed overhead, blowing gusts of wind over the station, which was eagerly welcomed by the perspiring brunette. Peeling her eyes open, the red-faced teenager looked up to see that not only did a flock of Pidgey arrive, but the bus to her destination and the first step to her in becoming a Pokemon Trainer.

Without hesitation, she swept up her jacket and bag, before leaping onto the stationed bus and paying for her fair. The doors closed with a swish behind her as she made her way down the deserted vehicle, taking in the revitalising air conditioning as she looked for a seat.
    There was only one other passenger on board and he or she appeared to be sleeping. Ignoring the stranger, Chelsea threw her belongings onto the seat beside the exit, before fanning herself with her hands as she sat down. Her top had grown sticky due to the sweat, and was now sticking to her skin in an unflattering manner.

"Stupid thing…" she grumbled, as she fought with her clothes.

A short time had passed before Chelsea suddenly realised where the bus and she had stopped. It was her destination, the emerald city of earth and the home to one of the eight Gym Leaders of Kanto.

"Viridian City!"

~

Her mind raced as she struggled to take in what the professor had just explained. After narrowly escaping an encounter with a rather enraged Charmander outside, Chelsea had shuffled into the hub of the academy where she was led by Professor Willow and was accompanied by four other teenagers, each of them Pokemon Trainers. The group soon assembled in what appeared to be the lobby of the facility and was then further briefed by the dark-haired professor.

"Next up, we have Chelsea. Well well, I reserved a special Pokemon for you. I can surmise that this is what happens when all that hard work in school pays off. Beware though; it can be pretty tough to tame and raise. I can only hope you'll get the hang of it."

Chelsea gave the professor an inquisitive look as she was handed three compressed Pokeballs. The brunette looked up at the dark-haired woman who merely gave her a wink before proceeding with her introduction. She had finally received her first Pokemon, yet she had no idea what it was. It took all of her will power to restrain herself from prying open the red and white device there on the spot, as the professor continued explaining the details of their newly acquired Pokemon, the Indigo League, and their future journey together in what was known as the Pokemon Wars.

After being handed another device, to which the professor had appropriately named a Pokevice, Chelsea was about ready to pop to find out what was inside her Pokeball. Despite her eagerness however, Chelsea took the time to inspect the new device, in respect to the professor for giving them such highly valued items.

Soon after, following Professor Willow's introduction, the five trainers were given some time to inspect their new gadgets, get to know one another, and most importantly, find out which Pokemon they had received.
    Three of the other trainers had already released their very first Pokemon, as Chelsea closed her Pokevice after rummaging through its controls and features. Ignoring some of the excited cries beside her, the tightly dressed teenager gripped the first red and white ball she had been given, and threw it up high in the air.

"Go! Pokeball!"

The sphere shot straight above her head and halved, releasing a strong beam of energy down at her feet, where a long and slightly chubby form materialised. Light consumed the snake-like Pokemon as the Pokeball returned to the eager girl's hand.

"It's a…huh? What is it?" she asked, as the light surrounding the Pokemon faded, revealing its form and features.

Whatever it was, it was cute, but it was also asleep, right after it had been summoned in such a flashy fashion. The teenage brunette immediately fell into a crouching position and began poking its plump form. It was much like a snake but was shorter in length, and was much more rounded. Its soft scaled skin was a light blue in colour, its stomach white. It had a cute round nose, and round black eyes hidden behind its lids. What appeared to be two white ears, in the shape of very small bat wings, decorated the sides of it head and hung loosely over its temple. It had no arms or legs and instead, sat curled in its spot at Chelsea's feet.
    Pulling out her trusted gold Pokevice, she dug the device into the sleeping creature's form and awaited an explanation.

"Dratini. Long considered a mythical Pokemon until recently, when a small colony was found living underwater. Dratini continually molts and sloughs off its old skin. It does so because the life energy within its body steadily builds to reach uncontrollable levels."

Chelsea's face turned blank as she stared from the device in her hand to the sleeping form in front of her. A warm sensation started building inside her as she analysed her new Pokemon. Without hesitation, she scooped up the Dragon Pokemon from its spot and brought it quickly into an exuberant hug.

"Aw! You're so cute! And your mythical!" the teenage girl cried, squeezing her still slumbering partner.

Noticing that the Pokemon had no intentions of sharing her enthusiasm on their recent bringing of togetherness, Chelsea immediately halted from her fan girl cheers and held the dragon's face right in front of hers, their nose just barely touching.

"Oui, wake up…" she said in a sudden serious tone, her brow furrowed over her narrowed eyes, as a dangerous smile crossed her face. "Hey – huh? What's this?"

After all of the excitement in receiving her first Pokemon, she had failed to see one last distinguishing feature upon the dragon's motionless form. A small white bud sat in the middle of its forehead. Noticing this, Chelsea began tapping the hardened dot on the dragon's forehead, expecting to see something happen. And something did. Her newly acquired Dratini awoke. Irritating its receded horn just happened to be one of its greatest peeves, and unfortunately for Chelsea, she soon found that out the hard way.

"Ah! Let go of me!" she yelped, shaking her arm furiously up and down, as the Dragon Pokemon strengthened its grip.

Awaking the Pokemon from its sleep and irritating its budding horn was not a good idea, and after a heated struggle and half of her forearm being covered in Dratini saliva, Chelsea realised these important facts.

After calming down and withdrawing her new partner into its Pokeball, Chelsea looked around the group of four other trainers, in an attempt to see how they were fairing with their Pokemon.

A Pineco, a Meowth, and a…Puffly? she thought, scratching her head.

During all of her time at school back at home, she had never learnt of a Pokemon that was called a Puffly, let alone seen or heard of such a creature. She figured that the Pokemon must have derived from another region but decided not to look into it too much. Despite its unknown origins, it was very cute, and for some reason reminded her of a Pokemon from Hoenn, known as a Skitty.

"Professor Willow..." one of the other trainers begun, a girl named Kat. "Do I...have to travel with them?" The Meowth, who had been the girl's Pokemon, sat obediently on her shoulder as she continued. "I mean...someone like me..?"

Before the professor could answer, Chelsea decided it was good of a time than any to introduce herself in a more personal manner than the professor had done earlier, and leapt up behind the blond, wrapping one of her arms around her neck and pulling her close to her side.

"Come on, it'll be fun," the brunette began with a smile, holding the girl in her arm. "We're all family now, so travelling will be great fun together, right Ari? And you two…" she continued, pointing to the two male trainers on her other side, one holding a Pineco. "This'll be fun! Right?"

Last edited:

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
  • @Alter: You knew i couldn´t get away from this! Another mysterious poke-adventure? Exciting! Perhaps i will later change something, but here is my sign up for now. Hope you like it.

Full Given Name: Susan Shera Suman

Nicknames (Optional): Su, Susu, Shera

Appearance: Susu is a red or white haired girl with long painted hair. Nobody knows her original hair color but herself, because every day if possible she changes the color. Her clothes are always in a suitably style with her hair. She is typical girl looking female and often underestimated, but she´s really strong. For usual she wears something like a Japanese kimono if she is working as a poke nurse, but in her free time she likes to wear black of something else which looks like biker-clothes. Leather is her favorite choice. Her yellow-gold catlike eyes are fixing everything what´s looking interesting to her. With that look no boy can´t stand it long without getting red in the face, cause she wears a very infuriatingly style of clothing. Susu is about 1,7 meters high. (sry, i don´t know the English standarts... ^^) If you like you can take my Avatar as a picture of her...

Personality: Susu didn´t have much girlfriends in the past, but much boys as normal "friends". Because of that she has a very energetic and confident character. She´s interested in music, especially Techno and Heavy Metal, so she plays E-Guitar by herself. Hanging out with much people makes her feel happy, but if there are "special" girls around you can smell the coming cat fight. Girls are her natural enemy, related to her history. She would love to have a girl as a friend, but it seems difficult for her to make friendships with female persons. Susu has a very far-reaching mother instinct. She doesn´t only likes to take care of an injured Pokémon, she also takes care of some shy kids or comparable characters. Sometimes in her work as a poke nurse she nurses some Pokémon like it was a child of herself. Indeed she is very care taking, but she also overreacts in some situations. You can see that she perhaps has two personalities each different like the hair style she has. Red is the strong and self confident side of her, and the white style rebellious and unstable personality. (You´ll see it! ^^)

History: Su as a little child didn´t had have the parent-child relationship because her parents are unknown. She raised up in a orphanage where the girls made fun of her not having a Mommy or a daddy. She didn´t have had dolls to play with or other stuff to have fun with. Being insulted a long time she saw how strong the other gender was, the boys. She tried to copy some of the boys behaviors. Su changed to have a stronger personality and more she tried to catch up with the boys. At first they hadn´t much interest in her, but then one day she beat up a boy who was annoying her. Until then Su was accepted by the boys and hang much out with them. She got a rebellious character and didn´t like other girls, except the girls who couldn´t defend themselves. Su loved to take care of others and raised this "hobby" if you can call it like that into taking care as a nurse in the pokecenter. Susu was also fascinated by poke battles. As she grew up she was always asked why she didn´t want to become a Pokémon trainer, because she knew much about Pokémon, but she never had an answer.

Pokémon wanted: a female Zangoose (sorry for the change ingame...)

Other: She has items like a E-Guitar, a phone, sunglasses and Pokémon healing kits. (if allowed) Susu is a traveling poke nurse, but stays some time at a place, so the letter could get to her.

RP Sample: taken from Eseka

Amarezoth

Amarezoth was listening to Mira´s questions and answers carefully, surprised that she hadn´t gave attention to what exactly he was doing at the moment. It rather was obvious that he was preparing to heal a Pokémon or at least give medical support. But the fact that she hadn´t notice was alright, the girl seemed more interested in things she wanted to see, and not the happenings which went on in the background. The question she made to him why he wasn´t hearing to the tour could just force Amarezoth to smile. "Yeah, i am sorry but my attention was dragged some elsewhere." he said softly, nearly insightfully. He turned and joined the group again. Most of the "tourists" as you like to call them weren´t doing much, like everyone was watching the scene. It amused Amarezoth to see Mira´s answers to the guy who was called Isa.

"The book of dawn?" he said in a interested tone. Perhaps something i can steal and sell or something like that. But now i wonder that Thunder is doing? Again his look wandered to the Kirlia. This Pokémon seemed to know much more then he could at least expect. Especially he had heard that it could talk to it´s trainer through his mind. Of course it was obvious that it could read thoughts, but his mind wasn´t touched the hole time. It was just good that it wasn´t interested in him, but the fact that this was Mira´s Pokémon let him feel to be caught or something like that.

He acted like he was hearing everything the new tour guide said, but for real he observed the others. Mira wasn´t a danger now, this girl was so deflectable. The guy which was called Koji, was it? After all Amarezoth didn´t know what to think about this boy. Amarezoth stroke the markings on his arm. Thunder, were are you?

Thunder

After he had passed the chimney he got down to the fire place. For his luck, it wasn´t on at the moment. He climbed down before anyone could see him and listened if anybody was in the room. Nothing. Good. He jumped out and realized that he was in a fine room with much furniture. In front of him was a table and many seats, to the left a door which lead to the kitchen and to the right an entrance of a corridor. He walked down the corridor until he heard something breath behind a door. Slowly and carefully he opened it, and saw in a dark room were the Pidgey slept he was looking for. Seems that nobody else is here. he thought.

He came near to the Pidgey. It was like Shera had said: Stripes like a tiger on it´s back. Thunder was wondering how a Pokémon could get such stripes, but then his attention was dragged to the exit. Someone was coming. "Yeah i know, but i can´t train it..." a female voice said. The person seemed to come through the corridor, the only exit! Thunder looked at the room he hadn´t observed until now. It was a little chamber were a bed, one table were in. Some cupboards and seats were there too. There was a window, but the mechanism to unlock it seemed to take too long for thunders paws to handle. He jumped under the bed were the Pidgey was laying on. The person entered the room. Thunder could see a girl, about 19 years old. Unlike other girls, she was looking like a real young lady. She had blond long hair, green eyes and was wearing ribbon around her neck. The dress she was wearing was green with two white stripes on it.

He smelled something like... like... flowers... Did she use perfume? Thunder was a Pokémon so he could smell that easy. "Yes i know Frederic, but i can´t do something like that. I´ll look for a good trainer who can take care of it..." she ended her phone call. The Pidgey woke up. "Well my little girl..." the lady started. "... you know i can´t let you live here forever. We have to find a trainer for you, or we let you go into the wilderness again. But i think you already have accepted humans on your side..." she ended.

[You don´t like me, do you?] the Pidgey said low. [You think i am weak... like my family did...] it continued. "I... i don´t understand what you are saying..." the girl answered. "Doesn´t matter, i´ll find a trainer..." she said and left the room. [It doesn´t matter how i feel...] the Pidgey answered to the emptiness. Thunder had heard everything. Poor thing... i should take the change...

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Joe o.o

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • I dunno if new members can do this but... o.o

Full Given Name: Demo-Nisshu Omoi [Devilish Mind]

Nicknames: Demo

Appearance: Demo has dark purple hair, with a two short bangs hanging over his forehead. The rest of it trails down to the top of his back. He stands tall for his age at 6'6, and is very thin. He wears a white over coat and tight black trousers, along with dark school boy shoes. He has bright blue eyes, which are usually obscured by small dark sunglasses. He has a small purple goatee. He has a perfect set of pearly white teeth.

Personality: Demo is probably one of the strangest people in the world, and his love for psychic pokemon only makes him stranger. He is envious to trainers, due to the fact he does not have the chance to be one. He is usually quite hyper, and claims he can see the future. He studies pokemon a lot, and has taken a liking to Abra, as well as numerous other psychic pokemon.

History: Will do later.

Pokémon wanted:
    Abra, would be appreciated, but Slowbro or Bronzor would be OK I suppose ^_^

Other:
    Birthday is December 2nd.
    Claustraphobic.

RP Sample:
    [I just made this up off the top of my head o.o If you want a different sample, I have one from a Naruto website...]
    ''GET UP DEMO!''
    The lanky, short boy who went by this name (and sometimes others that his mother called him) awoke with a jolt, and sat up in bet, eyes wide with shock. ''Good morning to you too, mother.'' he muttered under his breath. Wiping some sweat off his brow, Demo got up and walked over to his cupboard, where he dressed in his usual attire. Yawning, he made his way downstairs, and sat down at the breakfast table, pouring a glass of orange juice. His mother loomed over him. ''It's bloody half twelve! It's brunch for you my lad!'' Demo sighed, and lay back in his chair, his deep green eyes staring in a dreamy way into the air.

His mother placed her hands on her hips, making her fat figure look even weirder, and let out a gust of disgusting, onion filled breath. Her apron was covered in grease. ''So, what are your plans today?'' she asked, clearly not interested in the slightest. Demo opened his mouth to talk, but suddenly there was a strange bird noise, and his mother's Chatot appeared at the bottom of the staircase, [not even taller than a single stair itself, which was funny] an angry look on it's face. It's face was coated with mud, and Demo's mum immediately rushed up to it. ''What the flying fudge happened to you?'' she asked concerned, and the Chatot growled at Demo, who looked away, trying half-arsed to hide his face.

''DEMO-NISSHU WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY BABY!'' cried his mother angrily, and patted her Chatot calmly on the head. Demo turned his head back and answered calmly. ''Threw mud at it in the night for saying the real bad 'f' word to me. You know, fu-''
    ''Yes yes, I know Demo!'' interrupted his mother quickly. ''Even if she did swear, that's no excuse to go and smother her in mud!'' Demo scoffed. Pff, if I had sworn she'd coat me in pig guts. He sighed. ''Sorry, mum.'' he said sternly, then went back to looking dreamily into the sky. He heard his mother grab Chatot and drag the poor thing upstairs for a bath. Glancing quickly at the pokemon, he smirked at it's worried face, winking to it. Angrily, it cried out a bird like noise at him and was dragged away.

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • Full Given Name: Trucy Gavin.

Nicknames (Optional): Tru , Gigi.

Appearance: (Allow me to make this perfectly clear: a ripped-off anime picture is not an appearance and a five-minute sprite is certainly not an appearance. Pictures are only allowed if they are your original art (And let me stress this: sprites do not count as original art). Even if you have one, I will still require a full description in writing.)

Personality: (Likes, dislikes, quirks, habits, fears, aspirations, hobbies...you get the idea. The more detail the better.)

History: (Since alarmingly many seem to be neglecting this field I feel obliged to make it a must. Your character may have some achievements, but keep them within the bounds of reason: you are not the illegitimate lovechild of Wallace and Juan or anything like that; get over it.)

Pokémon wanted: Shelder.

Other: (Miscellaneous stuff that didn't fit elsewhere. Again, nothing completely ridiculous.)

RP Sample: (Due to some other setting restraints, I will require evidence that you can RP a pokémon with a personality here. Beyond that: take your pick. My first and foremost goal here is to assess your use of language and general ability to create RP situations, so keep that in mind when choosing. :3)

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Umm...guys, for the pokémon it's still: first-stage or pre-evo only. Please fix that; the evolutions will come with time. :3

@Phanima: Lul, you're putting my profile to shame. This is an obvious ~Accepted~. Another model sign-up, you crazy peoples. Watch and learn. ;3

@Nigma: I've RPed with you enough to know you have what it takes, and all fields of the profile are of acceptable quality so...~Accepted~

@PKMN Trainer Joe o.o: Umm...yeah, please double-check what is and isn't allowed for a starting pokémon. Genderless and evolved pokémon are not allowed, but Abra is alright. Anyway, it's not much this far but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now...~Pending~

@Rena: It's astounding, heavenly, surely the product of divine inspiration! It's- well, actually there doesn't seem to be much of anything there yet. Also, for plot reasons you're only allowed a first stage or pre-evo to begin with, so please edit that. :3 ~Pending~

Anyways, I finally got something resemblant of a profile together, so...

Full Given Name: Alexander Gabriel Maxwell (And goodness does he hate it)

Nicknames (Optional): Alex, preferably. Gabe or Max if you must. Maxie-boy if you're feeling lucky, but unless you're his mother you should not call him Alexander.

Appearance: Despite being almost 1,8 meters in height, Alex is still somewhat scrawny in terms of body build, a fact which betrays his relatively young age, and his skin is a healthy tan color, the result of many hours spent doing chores outdoors. Alex's hair is probably the first thing most people notice; in addition to being crimson in color, the strands have a tendency to cluster into drooping spikes similar to unusually thick grass blades. The length of the hair itself is rather impressive, reaching almost mid-back in a messy tangle of spikes at the back and obscuring his face almost completely at the front when let down, and is usually kept in check by the co-operation of a dark green bandana that keeps the strands in front from covering his light green eyes and a nondescript black ribbon tying the strands at the back into a ponytail. Why he doesn't just plain cut his hair once in a while is anyone's guess.

On the clothing side of things, Alex usually goes for a white T-Shirt (Sometimes bearing the faded picture and name of some obscure band like Night Shade or The Super Potions) and a maroon vest, accompanied by a pair of faded, slightly frazzled denim jeans, the legs of which seem to be just a bit too long for him and nearly obscure the worn sneakers he wears on his feet. When it comes to accessories, the only thing Alex has to come with is a golden earring on his right ear, the cause of many a heated family argument. He also has a tendency to carry around a cerulean-colored rucksack in which he carries whatever he deems to be essential supplies at the moment.

Personality: Stubborn beyond remorse, Alex is one of those people who would do virtually anything rather than admit that they are wrong. He also has a very dominant "Cool guy" complex which always compels him to brag and show off, particularly in front of girls. Alex always wants to be best at what he does, and should someone clearly exceed him it will most likely end up in rivalry. Because of his wish to aspire to some nebulous concept of "cool" he is also prone to acting a lot dumber and less educated than he really is (For, to his mind, being a rabid book-reader is certainly not cool) and also goes to great extents to cover up the fact that, deep down, he's really a big softie, particularly when it comes to small children and pokémon.

At first glance, Alex seems very much like your average Pokémon Champion wannabe; loud-mouthed, trash-talking, cocky, and impatient, always ready to pick up the gauntlet and argue down someone who mocks him. He also tends to make a big show of his alleged "Manliness", often making passes on members of the opposite sex seemingly out of pure habit and acting like he's the greatest stud about. When in something that even vaguely resembles a group, he always strives to be the leader. In reality, though, he only does this to cover up his strong innate fear of being mocked and - somewhat ironically - his light shyness around girls, and deep down Alex isn't really half the wildchild he pretends to be. Raising pokémon is really his passion, he enjoys a good book as much as the next person, and if you dig really deep you'll find that he's actually a surprisingly sensitive and compassionate person, but his pride and wish to uphold the "Tough guy" illusion usually keep these personality traits concealed.

History: A native of Traverse Island and the child of a trainer couple gone daycare owners, for as long as he can remember Alex has been pining for a career in competitive battling, hoping to follow the footsteps of - and eventually exceed - his parents on the much-glorified career of pokémon battling. To the young Alex's mind, turning one's back on such a life was simply absurd, and he never wasted a chance to look scornfully on the new family business that was the pokémon daycare, often declaring that he'd be glad never to see the place again once he finally came of age and could start his own pokémon journey.

For all his talk, however, Alex really didn't seem to mind helping out with the multitude of tasks that came with caring for pokémon of all shapes and sizes, and even though he would never admit it - deep down he soon grew to love the daycare center as much as his family, and even as his complaints were at their most intense he would always find an excuse not to leave just yet, always cursing it loudly and with all the passion he could muster. Alex blamed everything from the weather to upsurges of activity at the Daycare Center ("Can't just leave this place in a bind, can I?") to the low-times (During which he obviously had to stay to help keep things afloat). By the time he reached the age of sixteen, Alex was all out of excuses, and finally took up attending the Rustboro Trainer School on the mainland.

It didn't take long for Alex to grow stifled in the academic environment, however, and when word of Traverse Island's sudden disappearance reached him, whatever inkling of interest he had maintained in his studies evaporated, the teen growing increasingly restless and pursuing every means at his disposal to find out what had happened to his hometown.

Needless to say, when the ominous invitation arrived at his doorstep, Alex jumped at the chance, nonchalantly aborting his already messy study period at the trainer school and preparing for a trip to his old home turf.

Pokémon wanted: Lileep

Other: Although he tries to hide it, Alex is actually very talented at caring for pokémon, particularly young ones, and is also fairly well-versed in treating smaller injuries of various kinds.

RP Sample: I'm afraid that this information is classified. I am, however, deeply impressed by the writing skills of the individual in question and give him a clear here. ;D

Last edited:

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • Be really brutally harsh, please. I reckon I could do with with a good hard metaphorical kick in the teeth AE.

Name: Johan Sanpetr

Nicknames (Optional):
    Everyone calls him Joe, except his sister, who knows him as Jo-Jo

Appearance: Johan's fashion sense is somewhat garbled to say the least; his pale blond hair is shaven into a crew cut gelled as high as it will go. He has a slightly sharp face with a rather pronounced nose. His misty blue eyes gaze out from a pair of square, black framed prescription sunglasses, which sit smartly on his face all the time. It is not hard to see that he takes care of himself, as unlike many teenagers of his particular age, his face is free from zits, blemishes or wispy facial hair. He is average height for his age at 5'8, and a touch lighter than would be expected. The only particularly muscled parts of his thin frame are his legs, which look like they should belong to an athlete. He is very proud of them almost to a point of being boastful concerning the speed at which he can run. Joe has quite a pale complexion for someone who is outside as much as he is, as he his body is able to neither tan nor burn regardless of the amount of sun it sees. He can usually be seen wearing one of a series of striped polo shirts over a long sleeved black v-neck. The only discerning feature of which are the shoulder pads which are sown into the black undershirt, originally installed to prevent his shoulders from injury while he worked. Along with this, he dons a pair of khaki combat trousers which are lavishly adorned with pockets. On his feet he wears a raggedy old pair of white trainers, with faded green stripes up the side and similarly colored tongues. Sometimes he wears a gauntlet on his left hand, for reasons which will become clear in the History section. The only other item he can be seen with on occasion is a black and gray messenger bag which he uses to keep his things in when traveling. He does not like bags very much though as he feels they restrict his movement. It is quite easy to notice that his right arm seems to be nearly a full inch shorter than his left. This is due to an accident which involved Johan falling out of a second story window when he was eight years old, gaining him a multiple compression fractures in said right arm.

Personality: Joe is a rather quirky person, but he is likeable despite this. For one thing, he doesn't like crowds very much, but he is not claustrophobic, and when he is nervous, he will drum his hands on anything available, even each other. He has a deep seated fear of dereliction: recurring nightmares about swimming above a huge gaping shipwreck, freaking out around abandoned houses. There is something about the emptiness that really gets to him. He is talkative, but is no good at starting conversations, and after greeting someone new, there will usually be a long awkward pause, unless the other person starts talking to him. He aspires, not like many children who all want to be the League Champion, to be a breeder of bird Pokemon. He especially loves Pidgey and its evolutions, and would love to own one (subtle hints at his starter there…) despite the fact that he does not wish to become a coordinator, league battler or anything of the sort. He has occasional moments of clever wit which bubble up around a rather sarcastic sense of humour, but usually tries to make jokes at entirely the wrong time, the complete lack of humour in these cracks just adds to the tastelessness. Johan does not think some of the things he says are as offensive as they really are which leads to people often misunderstanding him due to the language he chooses to use. He is a friendly, easy to talk to kind of person if the conversation actually gets going without him making a bad joke or mocking the person he is talking to. He has a very black and white temper: he is either angry or he isn't. A rather odd tendency of his occurs when he is put under a lot of pressure. In these situations Johan seems to suffer from an extreme mental block (his brain just shuts down temporarily leaving him floundering for words or ideas). Outside of enjoying Pokemon battles, Johan does not particularly like violence, trying to avoid direct conflict with people (even if he is the one who 'started it'). (I think this should go here instead of miscellaneous) He does not like people calling him Johan, as the only people who do so are his mother and his older sister (who also gave him the humiliating nickname "Jo-Jo"). When he first received the invitation, he didn't really know what to do with it; finally deciding to go to see more of the world, explore a little, maybe have some excitement in his otherwise rather routine life. He has spent sixteen years getting up at the same time, doing the same type of work all day (which he does love; don't get me wrong), eating the same food, never meeting many new people. He just wants a bit of a change

History: Johan was born and raised in the country-side of Johto. Living near Littleroot town, he met his fair share of budding trainers, but never really wanted to become one. He instead wished to follow in his father's footsteps: breeding and caring for Pokemon. His parents ran a Pokemon Sanctuary and Breeding Centre which concentrated more so on bird Pokemon than other types. For as long as he can remember, Johan used to help out around the place, ranging from doing odd jobs and cleaning as a younger child to helping with the running of the place which he now does. It is because of this that Johan has developed a love of Flying type Pokemon; birds especially. While he has never technically trained a Pokemon, he has helped raise quite a few. He has had varying degrees of success with this: befriending a few and forming quite deep binds with some; while others have consistently attacked him, to his dismay. He is home schooled along with his older sister of three years, Gemma. He spends quite a lot of his time outside of schoolwork working with the Pokemon in the breeding centre and because of his reasonably working-class upbringing, he has never really got on very well with more upper-class children of his age. It isn't that he sees the class difference as a barrier, but his experience tells him that he and they were raised with different principles. Another piece of fallout from this rather rural upbringing is a slight lack of knowledge regarding some modern technology. Pokeballs and a Pokedex he can handle, because as I have said, many of his friends became trainers, but Pokebars, Pokegears, Poketchs and the like just confuse him. He has seen many of his childhood friends leave to compete in the League and even seen one or two come back with varying degrees of success. He once shook Falkner's hand, and idolizes the gym leader just a little.

Pokemon wanted: Your finest Pidgey if you would.

RP Sample: From Rose Isle Royale. I hope it isn't vital that it does not particularly show the Pokemon's personality… sorry about that.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Full Given Name: Cathal Sèitheach Arascain

Nicknames (Optional): Stray

Appearance: One of the most memorable characteristics of Stray's appearance is the scar that cuts diagonally across his face: beginning at the bottom of his left cheek, moving over the ridge of his nose, and disappearing beneath the dark bangs that hang over constrastingly light blue-grey eyes. Stray's hair is of moderate length--long for most males, but normal or slightly short for a female. Some of the hair's uneven ends hang freely about Stray's head, while the longer pieces are kept in a small ponytail that rests at the base of his neck. On the right side of his head, at an upward tilt, Stray wears a mask that bears unnatural grinning features. Since he rarely places the mask over his face, no one is quite sure what he keeps it for, though the vertical eyeslits indicate that wearing the mask is possible.

Over a dull green t-shirt, Stray has a multi-pocketed denim jacket that--while it holds together well--is weathered enough to indicate the extent of his travels. For pants, Stray wears a pair of double-stitched, heavy blue jeans with a knife strapped over his right thigh for easy access. Several belts hang about the boy's waist, holding numerous objects that might be needed during his journeys. Most of the more valuable items, however, are fastened to the belt with thin chains to prevent them from being stolen or lost. In accordance with his endurance-focused attire, Stray's shoes are a pair of laced boots. On his hands, meanwhile, are worn black fingerless gloves with fastening straps about the wrists. Because he carries almost everything he owns with him, Stray's brown and green backpack is a decent size--not large enough to be cumbersome, but perhaps heavier than some would want to carry.

Living a life of trial and travel has made Stray a rather physically fit person. Not naturally being a particularly heavy-set person, though, his apparent build does not seem to indicate this. And unless he removes his jacket, one might not guess Stray's ability from his appearance at all. Originally rather pale, Stray's skin--after all its time beneath the sun--has only become a shade or two darker than a normal person's. On the youth's left shoulder, beneath a set of bandages, lies the burn scar from the time when he removed his birthmark. Being that his past is not something he is particularly proud of, Stray prefers not to allow the mark to be seen.

Sketch - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/tsayan/stray_sketch1.jpg
    The drawing may not be top quality, but it should help give some idea as to Stray's appearance.

Personality: Stray is a person that some (or most) would consider socially inept--not in the shy, mumbling way, but rather due to his tendency to be untactfully direct and brutally honest. "Rude" his condition might be named. While he may not be openly hostile, Stray will not pretend to like anything he dislikes; and he has quite a few dislikes. Due to past experiences, Stray has no great affinity for Pokemon or people who work with them--whether they be trainers, breeders, coordinators, etc. Not to say that he is an ill-tempered person. Despite his cynical edge, he has a tendency to take things as they are, and views even situations he would rather not be in with an "I'll just deal with it" attitude. One somewhat childish aspect of Stray is his keen desire to avoid being controlled or tied down. In the past, people's expectations of him have brought nothing but grief, and the life of wandering thrust upon him he now holds dear.

If you do not offend him, Stray can be a relaxed, honest companion who may come and go, but will keep your well-being in mind when he acts and will give you the same freedom he expects. If you do offend him, Stray can be a cold critic who will only work with you at need and may conveniently forget to tell you minor pieces of information such as "You're about to step off a cliff." However you may act toward him, though, he never seems to make it past courtesy to kindness. Such a thing appears to merely be beyond his comprehension. And while he has traveled enough to learn the virtues of politeness, Stray has never remained in one place long enough to appreciate the value of friendship.

Though he does not regret being forced to leave his family at a young age, Stray still holds the events of his childhood in some degree of bitterness, disgusted that his family is the way it is. At this point, he has no intention of interacting with his family ever again, and considers his old self dead.

History: From the beginning, Cathal was different from the rest of his family. His hair was raven-black, and his eyes were pale and clear as ice--a bizarre disparity from his family's brown hair and dark brown or green eyes. In fact, the single physical feature that distinctly showed him to be of the Arascain line was an odd birthmark on his left shoulder that all members of his family bore. Cathal's family was one that took great pride in its Pokemon training history. And as the eldest son, he was expected to continue the family legacy. Thus, since he was a child, Cathal's parents invested a great deal of time, money, and hope in him; teaching him all they could about Pokemon and Pokemon training. The boy learned quickly, ever thirsting for more information to memorize and process, while seemingly taking naturally to the battle techniques various relatives showed him. When he was ten, Cathal was eagerly sent to receive his first Pokemon and begin his Pokemon journey. Unfortunately for his family, however, the boy immediately proved to be a dismal failure as a trainer. He never caught a single Pokemon, and his starter ran away from him before they reached the first town--leaving him with a scar both on his face and his ego.

To Cathal's family, someone from the family was either a Pokemon trainer or no one at all. Unable to be the first, Cathal quickly found himself the latter, and was disowned by his family and instructed to never show his birthmark unless, by some chance, he could become a successful trainer and redeem himself. Seeing the child's situation, Cathal's aunt took pity on him and allowed him to stay with her for a time. For almost two months, the banished youth was able to hide there in safety. When, however, the family discovered him, they were infuriated and prepared to exile the aunt and her immediate family. Before they could, Cathal vanished, burning the family birthmark off his shoulder before slipping off into the night.

Since then, Cathal has abandoned his family name and become a wanderer, traveling from town to town under the name Stray. He has been to every region at some point, and visited a number of major cities and many smaller towns and villages. Being without a Pokemon, Stray has become quite capable for someone of his age--learning to defend himself against wild Pokemon when necessary and able to do most things on his own.

Stray has been to Traverse Island only a few times during his journeys. But, interested in the current situation and the invitation-sender's ability to track him down (and having nothing else to do), Stray has decided to accept the invitation and visit the island.

Pokémon wanted: Growlithe

Other: For reasons unknown to him, Stray seems to have some sort of feature that causes Pokemon--both tame and wild--to instantly dislike him.

RP Sample:
    "You're supposed to fight wild Pokemon--not join forces with them!" Cathal ducked beneath tree branch before dashing through a set of bushes, the sounds of his pursuers behind him telling him that his protest had gone unheeded. "Come on, what have I ever done to you?" he gasped, trying again as he stumbled across an open path. "Just tell me what I did wrong, already!" He plunged back into the thick of the forest, risking a glance over his shoulder to check how close his starter Pokemon and its new Spearow ally were. Almost instantly he regretted this risk as his foot caught on a tree root, sending him face first into the forest floor. Scrambling up through the leaves, Cathal managed to lift himself into a sit as a blast of water shot toward him. The young trainer tried to dodge, his lack of success evidenced by his dripping wet face and hair. Before he could recover or retaliate, Cathal found a Totodile and Spearow springing toward him--the Pokemon that was meant to be his leading the charge. In a sudden moment of inspiration, Cathal snatched an object from his side and lifted it into the air. "Totodile, return!" The reptile vanished, leaving only a sharp-beaked opponent that refused to deviate from its course toward Cathal's head.

Whack!

Cathal stood over the fallen Spearow, the backpack he had swung directly off his shoulder still resting on the bird Pokemon's head. "Hah! That'll teach ya!" he stated to no one in particular, feeling a little more pleased with himself than he perhaps should have. Straightening, Cathal returned his backpack to its usual place before moving off a safe distance into the woods. Even though the Spearow appeared stunned, the boy was not prepared to risk lingering about it to wait for it to wake up. Sighing a little, he looked down at the Pokeball in his hand. "Let's try this again. Maybe we just need to talk things over." He tossed the sphere into the air. "Come on out, Totodile."

The little blue Pokemon emerged, opening its mouth into a grin that revealed its teeth in a manner that seemed more malicious than friendly. Holding back his apprehension, Cathal knelt in front of the Totodile, keeping his tone as gentle as possible. "Listen, Totodile. I feel like we got off on a bad note, and I think--" Snap! Totodile's jaws whipped shut on the empty air that had recently been occupied by Cathal's arm. Confused and more than a little scared, the trainer quickly stood and stepped back. "What is your problem, anyway?!"

{I'm looking at him right now,} Totodile replied before spitting a stream of water at the target of his animosity. It struck his head with near-perfect aim, sending him falling back against a tree and eventually allowing him down to the muddy ground.

"I'm starting to get really thankful I didn't choose a Cyndaquil as my starter," Cathal muttered to himself, picking himself up as he moved his newly-soaked bangs irritatedly to once side.

{I heard that.}

The boy looked down at his Pokemon, frowning thoughtfully. "I don't know what you're saying, but I get the feeling it's not friendly."

{No really?}

"And there goes that tone again." For a moment, the two stared silently at each other, waiting for the other to be the first to break the standoff. Finally, Cathal spoke again. "I don't know why you dislike me so much, but I'd like to be friends with you." Totodile said nothing, but did not attack either. Rather, he seemed to be listening. Finding this change encouraging, Cathal continued,"I mean, I know you're smaller than the average Totodile, so there may be a chance that you're weaker than other Totodile, too. Maybe that's why you feel the need to be so aggressive. But I don't mind if you're not as strong as--" A headbutt to Cathal's stomach prevented him from finishing the sentence.

Totodile sprang back a few paces, its features angry. Any chance at friendship--or at least tolerance--seemed to have vanished with this human's ill-chosen comment. {You really know how make a Pokemon mad, don't you?}

Grimacing, Cathal picked up the water type's Pokeball from where it had fallen. "I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to offend you or anything. But if you're intent on making sure this doesn't work, then you're going to have to go back into your Pokeball for now."

{I don't have to do anything. In fact, come to think of it . . . I'll never need to do anything you tell me to. Ever.} The Totodile readied another Water Gun.

Seeing this, Cathal raised the Pokeball up. "Totodile, re--" A stream of water knocked the Pokeball from his hand. Suddenly, a gash was drawn across Cathal's face, and he found himself alone in the woods, his only company the sound of his former Pokemon's fleeing steps.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back