• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Neo Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
  • Name: Albert Black.

Appearance: Albert stands at about 6'0. He has short brown hair, and green eyes, with a slight tan. He wears a black jacket, with a white collar and white stripes on each of the sleeves, with a pair of tan pants, with white tennis shoes.

Personality: Albert is a calm and serious guy. He is devoted to whatever he is doing, and sticks with it to the end. He has a sence of humor, and will make a few jokes or wise cracks now and then. He is usually calm and collected at all times, and can come off as cold, but he has a soft spot for cute girls and kids.

History: Albert lived a peaceful life in Fallarbor Town. He was raised by his father and mother, and had a pretty decent childhood. He was never bullied or anything like that. When he became a teenager, he developed an interest in traveling and Pokemon. One day while he was relaxing at home, his mother informed him of a letter he had recieved. It was an invitation to the reclusive Traverse Island. With the thrill of adventure running through him, Albert decided that he would go and check it out. Renting a boat, he began his journey to Traverse Island the day after he got the letter.

Pokemon wanted: Munchlax.

RP Sample: Albert steered the wheel of the motorboat he had rented. He was edging closer to traverse island according to his map, and if stories of traverse islands bad weather were true...he was close. It was raining and thundering, and the sky was pretty dark.
    "This is a pretty bad storm...I hope I reach Traverse Island soon... Albert thought to himself as he continued steering towards Traverse island.

Then Albert saw land, and decided to check his map.
    "Yep...this is Traverse Island." He said aloud to himself, and headed towards the island. Once he was near the island he stopped the boat near a beach, and tied it up to a dock. He walked out onto the beach and looked around.
    "Nobodies here...Not surprising due to the weather..." Albert contemplated. "Now where exactly did that letter want me to go..."

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • Full Given Name: Leon Rylander

Appearance: Leon's appearance is so outlandish that it seems to demand the attention of any room he may be in. A blue T-Shirt covers Leon's torso and compliments his pair of black cargo pants. While these alone may be classified as "normal", it is perhaps the cape that makes things seem out out of the ordinary. Brown and weathered, Leon wears the cape buckled from around the lower part of his neck which then extends to the bottom of his ankles. To top his quirky cape off, he wears a white beanie with a blue pokeball symbol dotted right in the center of the winter cap. Along the brim of the beanie lie a pair of black goggles worn for harsh weather conditions.

Under the eccentric apparel, lies a powerful muscle lined torso which remains hidden under Leon's T-shirt. Adjoining the torso are a pair of long muscular arms that emerge from the black T-shirt's sleeves. He also possesses a good natured face sporting a deep emerald green eyes. Meeting the eyes are Leon's dark green bangs which emerge from the opening of the beanie. One of the many positive features of Leon's appearance is his smile. With gleaming white teeth, Leon's smile is described as one that stretches from 'ear to ear'.

Personality: A determined young man, Leon likes to set goals and will do anything he can to reach them. His iron will makes him a fierce competitor of games and challenges. Despite his fiery demeanor, Leon is down to earth and quite optimistic. If he is under pressure he likes to remain stable and calm so that others around him don't begin to happen. However, under his exterior coolness, lies a pit of raw emotion and sympathy. This in turn leads Leon to be very sensitive and perceptive to those around him.

History: Leon grew up on the outskirts of Lilycove City in the Hoenn region. His dad left when he was still a small toddler and has little to no recolection of him at all. Leon's mother worked at the department store providing the only income for the Rylander family. One day around Leon's eigth birthday, he and his mother discovered two small girls on the shore of Lilycove. Both of the girls were apparently abandoned by a shipwreck not too far from what is presently Traverse Island. Leon's mother took both girls in without question without even hesitating to consider her financial situation. Life was rough along the seashore, and while Leon's mom worked long gruesome shifts, the responsibilites fell to the eldest son of the family. Always trying to keep things together, Leon not only cared for his small sisters, but did the housework as well as maintaining food for the three while their altruistic mother toiled away at work. Throughout his childhood, Leon was always expected to act mature and fatherly to the toddlers, even though he was only a child himself.

As the years passed, Leon saw many boys and girls his age go off on journeys of their own. An adventure was something he had always craved for, yet his family was his first priority, so he hid his sorrow with a constant smile on his face everyday. Several more years passed with more hard work. It was after so many hours of servitude that Leon's mother was finally awarded a promotion as well as a significant pay raise. Rejoice and relief swept through the small family as they left their decadent seaside shack for a nice two story house just on a hill overlooking the city as well as the ocean. It was not long after that Hope, one of the twin girls, was sent to a small flower arranging school in Rustboro City. Delighted, she packed her bags and joined two other girls from the town and left by a travelling caravan. Faith, the other twin, decided to remain at home and assist Leon and their mother with the household chores and maintenance. With Hope gone and Faith constantly occupied, Leon found himself often like he had no purpose other than cleaning sheets and washing pans. It was a simple letter addressed to him that changed the static nature of his life.

Pokémon wanted: Charmander

RP Sample: It was the calm before the storm. The waves were almost threatening those who watched with utter silence. A glassy unbroken surface stretched for as far as the eye could see. Yet two boys broke the serene landscape with harsh voices that broke the calm. One of the boys was the city hot shot Flyx. The other, Leon, a boy who was just up for a challenge. Their squabbling stopped and both released red balls that emitted beams of red light simultaneously. A large sea-serpent with mettalic blue scales appeared in front of Flyx with a glare that could send chills up a person's spine. The other creature, a giant shelled turtle with two cannons protruding from its back, slid gracefully into the water ready for what was yet to come.

Flyx clambered onto the giant Gyarados and positioned himself on the highest part of its head. Leon jolted excitedly from the shore and landed readily on the Blastoise's back. The calm resumed for just a few seconds more until a bright blue streak of lightning tore across the darkening sky. Within the nearest second, both pokemon launched off the shore at a ferocious speed, darting towards the calamity of water and wind. The farther the two got, the worse their surroundings had become. Huge gusts of wind proved to be obstacles in the great race. Moments later, a downpour of freezing and heavy rain lashed about the two combatants. Leon knew at this point that it would be up to him and his partner Blastoise. Consoling him, Leon said: "We've seen worse than this before! Just keep roughing it and we can win this thing"

[I hope you're right. I'll do my best, just hang on tight and flatten yourself against my shell. Should anything happen to you...]

Leon did as his partner asked, and the two continued to speed along the harsh weather. Gyrados and Flyx looked like they were going to win the endurance race until a huge bolt of lightning crashed into the water while partially hitting Gyrados' front. Writhing in pain, the Gyrados backed away and began to turn around for the coast as fast as it possibly could. Leon had won the race, yet now the lightning looked like spears of judgement emerging from the skies. If they could get out of the storm it would truly be a miracle.

[Hold your breath. We'll have better chances under the water. Please trust me!]

Slightly worried, Leon took huge lungfuls of air and submerged into the dark, choppy depths with his partner. Blastoise pumped his powerful body as hard as he could towards the direction of the coastline. Only emerging for another lungful of air, Leon and Blastoise remained underwater as long as possible. When they finally reached the coast, the storm was still a ways off but was coming ever closer. Leon dragged himself up the sandy dunes and collapsed right next to Flyx. All Leon could manage to say was: "I told you so."

Last edited:

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
  • Ok, I'll fix it ^^

Appearance: Nichole has shoulder length brown hair, and piercing green eyes. She wears a black bandanna and black gloves, along with a dark purple tank top and black pants. Her skin is quite fair, and she wears black boots and a long black cloak. She is shorter than most her age, about 5'3", and she is skinny. She has a heart shaped scar on her left shoulder, which she doesnt ever talk about

Personality: Nichole isnt a very outspoken girl. Growing up, while the other girls played and formed clubs and cliques, she preferred to stay alone and to herself. However, just because she prefers not to socialize with others often, she isnt afraid of taking action when the situation calls for it. She isnt afraid of what others think, either. While she doesnt like socializing very much, Nichole is fond of one thing: Pokemon, mainly the ghost type. She is absolutely fascinated by the creatures, though she has never had a pokemon of her own. She is absolutely outraged at the possiblility that a group of scientists has been rumored to be harming such creatures, so much that she did not hesitate at all when she heard that she was invited to the island. In her free time, Nichole likes to study ghost pokemon and go and watch the pokemon contests in her hometown. She is always fascinated by the connection b/w pokemon and their trainers. Nichole's biggest fear is that she will lose everything she has ever loved; by that i mean the pokemon center job, her family, ect. She is always afraid of losing things just when everything seems to be going so well.

History: (I hope it is ok that i use a town from the Kanto Region...) Nichole came from the town of Lavendar, in the Kanto Region. She would have loved to say that she got to examine the ghosts of the tower, maybe even work side by side with the old man of the town, Mr. Fuji...but she cannot. Her mom died when she was just 5, and her father abandoned her mother before she was born. Nichole was sent to Verdanturf to live with her grandparents. There she learned all about the proper caring of herbs and medicines; her grandfather was the towns physisician and her grandma was a herbologist. She learned also the many ways to create potions for sick pokemon; when she was 10 she started to work at the towns pokecenter. Her grandparents didnt like her to become a trainer; instead, she worked with Nurse Joy, taking care of the other trainers pokemon. It was always interesting to work there; Verdanturf's contest center attracted so many pokemon trainers, Nichole got to see and care for all kinds. It was after a long days work that she came home to see a letter had come for her...

Starter: Shuppet

RP sample: Nichole stepped into the air conditioned entrance to the PokeCenter. It was a boiling hot summer's day, and by the already full lobby Nichole could see that it was going to be a full day.
    "Nichole thank goodness!" Nurse Joy called from behind the counter, her hands already full by a trainer with a screaming Bonsly, "A huge box of abandoned growlithe was just brought in by some stranger. Can you see to it that they are all alright and taken care of?"
    Nichole's blood boiled at the fact that someone was so careless enough to abandon growlithe pups, but she smiled sweetly and nodded.
    Nurse Joy turned back to the trainer. "Im sure there is no other reason for his tears, sir," She began, but the trainer was histerical. Nichole walked past them as he yelled over his pokemon's cries that something must be terribly wrong. Nichole stepped into the back hallway, where all the other rooms where for examining and treating the sick and injured. She could hear barking in the room at the far end, and she opened the door to find Chansey trying to maintain 4 growlithe puppies.
    "Chansey!" she called gratefully, obviously relieved to see the girl.
    "Im here to help!" Nichole said happily, grabing a clipboard and sitting cross legged on the floor. "Ok, pups, what happened?" The growlithe nearest her tucked in his tail and hid, while another ran up to her, teeth barred. "Its alright," Nichole cooed, "Im not going to hurt you..." she put out her hand, palm down, so that he could sniff her. "Growl?" said the pokemon, and he sniffed her hand. "Lithe!" he called to his friends,and all the puppies rushed to the girl, jumping onto her lap. he must have known i meant no harm, Nichole thought.
    "Wow," said a voice behind them. Nichole turned to see Nurse Joy in the doorway. "I tried to get them calm for an hour this morning!" She walked in and grabbed a bottle of Antidote; someone was poisioned. Nichole smiled, and the nurse smiled back, leaving the room. Nichole went back to checking the pups, making sure each one was healthy.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • More people? Heh, it's a freakin' invasion. xD Anyways, guys, because the interest far exceeded my expectations I'm going to have to make some very harsh cuts here, because there are only so many people who can be reasonably fitted into the plot, so I'm afraid I'll have to prune the pending list; A LOT. It's unfortunate, but this means I'll have to cut some people I would really have accepted simply because so many others were even better. For that, I deeply apologize. T_T

@GhostPrincess: Yeah, since you asked for this by PM your sign-up is now officially discounted. Thanks for the interest. :3

@Porygon-Z: A good, solid profile right there, and under the pain of the paper too. ~Accepted~ you are.

@PikaPal: I would like to accept you but I just have to draw a line for the number of people here at some point and all these later signers have pushed the average quality through the roof. ;.; So, with a heavy heart, I settle on ~Declined~ Welcome back the next time I start an RP, though. ^-^

@Charchic: Sorry, but you just don't make the cut in this crowd. ~Declined~ Better luck next time around.

@Glajummy: There's slight improvement, but due to dramatically increased standards I'm afraid it's not enough. Sorry, but you are ~Declined~

@Aegis: Well, you maintained the quality to the end so as promised you are...~Accepted~

@King Cosmic: Awright, the paragraphing thing goes for you too: every change of speaker in a conversation and every change of subject in description calls for a new paragraph; and that means a full new line since these forums can't handle indenting properly. Still, overall profile quality is good so I'm going to have to stall this decision out a bit. You will remain at ~Pending~ for now.

@PKMN Trainer Joe o.o: Sorry, but for a new person you ended up with some very heavy competition. ~Declined~ Don't be discouraged, though; with that quality you should get into the vast majority of RPs here. :3

@Kogenta: Awesome thus far, but it's still not finished. ~Pending~

@chomp: Well, since you asked for criticism you have a tendency to overuse 'and' (Typically that's one per sentence because it gets repetitive very easily). You've also got a bit too much on the front of commas; there are only so many of them you can put in a single sentence without turning it messy, so try putting full stops down a bit more frequently. Overall, good quality and I like the character so I'm taking you into the ~Pending~ group for now.

@Orange: Sorry, but claiming that last slot will really take a top-notch profile, and I'm afraid that this just doesn't cut it. ~Declined~

@Key: Alright, you've still got a shot at this since you haven't finished yet, but the competition is going to be tough. ~Pending~

Awwright, here's the deal: I've placed a cast limit at eight members, myself included. This means that, as hard as the decision is, I'll only accept one more. The RP will start tomorrow at around 13.00 GMT and I'll announce my decision at that point, so if you people who still haven't finished don't have your profiles up by then you're out. I'm afraid it has come down to survival of the fittest, folks. :3 To those of you who are accepted: don't worry, I won't be changing those. To those remaining at pending: if you have any last minute edits now is the time to make them. My thanks to all of you for your interest in my little RP and to those who weren't accepted this time around: hope to see you again in some other RP. ^_^

EDITNESS: Okay, I'm behind schedule but better late than never, right? First off, I shall make this official:

~SIGN-UPS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY OVER~

Now aren't you just awed by the style of that official statement? The list of accepted RPers is as follows:

Aegis
    Alter Ego (surprise! =O)
    Art_Critic_Cubone
    chomp
    Kogenta
    Nigma
    Phanima
    Porygon-Z
    Random_Fan

The rest of you are, unfortunately, ~Declined~. Thank you for your interest. ^^

If you aren't one of the listed people, please don't post in this thread anymore, thank you. If you still feel a need to comment on the RP, then kindly do so in the OOC Discussion. And yes, I did up the maximum members limit by one because I felt like it. So sue me. =P

Now, without further ado:

IC:

It was a quiet night on Traverse Island. The storm that had ravaged the seas for the past few days had finally died down, and in its place it had left a few moments of perfect calm, the collection of sandy brown houses with their tiled roofs and the countless walkways and dwellings seemingly carved out of the rock face itself seemed, for once, to be completely at ease with their place in the world, the normally turbulent sea surrounding the town now making its presence known only through the slow, distant crash of waves against the cliff face, far below. Not even the Wingulls who normally tormented the townspeople with their constant cries had woken up yet. If the ominous clouds rolling in from the north were any indication, however, this was only the calm before a storm the likes of which not even Traverse Island was used to handling.

"Still..." a figure who had been watching the peaceful scene from the roof of his house mumbled for himself, "Sometimes storms are for the best. They clear the air..." the speaker in question stepped back from the railing, absent-mindedly running a hand through the slowly thinning mane of wavy, pale blonde hair which almost reached down to his shoulders. The storm would be good from an aesthetic viewpoint too, he concluded; his hair had always looked more stylish with a bit of wind blowing through it and making it flow behind him.

The man shook his head slowly in an attempt to dislodge that vain little thought. He was approaching forty now and no amount of dramatic weather effects would turn him into the handsome young pokémon champion from twenty years ago. Besides, he had to concede, neither the weathered, dark green shirt, nor the white trousers and white lab coat which together constituted his current attire were doing him any favors in that department.

Just as he had concluded this line of thought, a sudden commotion broke out in the streets.

"Thief!" barked one voice, soon joined in by others; "Where's the thief?! Stop the thief!" it didn't take long for the chorus of noises to be joined by the distinct barks of Houndour and Mightyena. A swarm of uniformed figures surged out from one of the nearby buildings, flashlights in hand and pokémon in tow. From thereon, the cacophony spread like wildfire, household after household getting stirred out of slumber and adding in their own objections about the situation.

"So much for my tranquil morning..." the spectator shook his head in distaste at the scene, wandering over to the spiral staircase leading into his house and descending a full two floors. Library, that was the only word that could possibly have described the room he was now in, tall bookcases filled with countless books and research notes covering every wall on the entire floor, and of course, like in any respectable library, there was a secret switch; this one cunningly disguised as a copy of Barney the Purple Tyranitar - The Novel. With the appropriate whirring sound, the heavy bookcase swung on its hinges, revealing a plain stone corridor, the walls and floors bearing the same sandy brown color as all other stones on the island seemed to do. After a brief walk, the corridor widened, revealing a makeshift lab of sorts, countless machines with a plethora of colorful buttons, switches and dials to their names sharing the space with a number of tables and, of course, the ever-present mountains of paper.

"The Skitty's out of the bag." the blonde man remarked, shutting the bookcase door behind him before stepping inside, nonchalantly procuring a gilded pocket watch from the depths of his lab coat and inspecting it, "And at 11.55 PM, too. You lose the bet, Jade, and with five minutes to spare too."

An inconspicuous shadow by the far right wall scoffed, detaching itself from the corner and turning out to be an individual clad in black from top to bottom, complete with a thick-collared shirt and a plain black mask which concealed the person's features.

"Figures..." the shadow muttered, wandering over to the table where the blonde-haired man was inspecting a laptop plugged into one of the bizarre devices, "Now that you're suitably satisfied with that, are you finally going to tell me what was so special about that?" the black-clad individual nodded towards an obscure shape suspended within one of the machines by means of a light green fluid of some sort, various tubes connecting to pieces of its silhouette.

"Patience, my dear Jade..." the man replied, tapping a few more commands into the computer, "Patience...it will all become clear, right about...now."

The shaded figure didn't seem to share the other's enthusiasm, gawking somewhat dispassionately over his shoulder. The screen was dominated by the scan of a brain of some sort, a complex code of colors covering the picture while a number of vital readings occupied the sides of the screen, "I don't see what's so special about-hey, wait!" now both had their eyes all but glued to the screen, "What in Arceus' name is that?!"

The blonde one smiled airily in return.

"Hope."

-------------------------------------------------------​

Two weeks later, in the somewhat less scenic environment of the Slateport harbor, a certain Alexander Gabriel Maxwell was facing another pressing question, which - while not quite as suspenseful or hard to answer as Jade's - was quite pressing nonetheless.

"Is this really it?" the red-head raised an eyebrow sceptically, ushering a few unruly strands of the mass of crimson that occupied his head back into its alloted place as he dug around in the pockets of his jeans for the letter. Sure, this fitted the directions perfectly, but...surely this still couldn't be it? Still clinging to the hope, Alex straightened out the ominous letter that had arrived at his dormitory a mere week ago, carefully re-reading its contents:

"Dear Alexander Gabriel Maxwell,

I have recently made a most enticing discovery, one which - I believe - would be of greatest interest to an aspiring young trainer such as yourself. However, due to certain circumstances beyond my control it would not be prudent for me to come and visit you in person, and truly this discovery is, I believe, something better experienced than described. As such, I have arranged for a modest exhibition seminar, to be held at my residence on Traverse Island.

If you are interested in attending the seminar, kindly board the S/S Wavedancer, moored at pier five of Slateport harbor between 8.30 and 9.30 on the 7th of April. From that point onward, my associate Jade shall look after your well being. Kindly do not bring anyone with you or the boat shall not depart. I apologize for these tiresome games, and for not being able to disclose my true identity as of yet, but it is imperative that word of this seminar does not spread to undesired parties.

Sincerely,

L.A.

P.S: Kindly do not try to circumvent these arrangements or do anything that might compromise the secrecy of this seminar. Should such behavior occur I regret that I can not guarantee your safety."

Alex's heart sank as he finished reading. The rest was just instructions on how to get to Slateport. No, he had not been mistaken; this was definitely the ship. He looked up again, staring in disbelief at the ship in front of him. Considering the posh wording and envelope of the letter and the fact that there was going to be nine of them, he had expected something a bit more...well, grand; a small ferry at least. The vessel in front of him, however, looked like little more than a motorboat with a small indoors compartment at the front. It looked so...cheap.

Alex shook his head at the obnoxious thought, his golden earring moving on queue. No, that was nonsense; he couldn't let something as stupid as a cramped ship stop him. This was undoubtedly the S/S Wavedancer mentioned in the letter, and if this was what he had to board to save his family then so be it.

With this in mind, the teen re-adjusted his backpack, wandering over to the edge of the pier and jumping onto the deck. The boat had four seats at the back, and Alex already knew that he didn't want to be one of the poor bastards seated there, at least not if his memory about the spring time weather around Traverse Island served. The front of the boat seemed to have some indoor space, right below the as-of-yet unccoupied steering wheel and the plastic eye-protection screen in front of it. Noting that the air was still somewhat chilly, thanks in part to the thick mist that was hanging about, Alex decided to move indoors.

"Anyone here?!" he hollered, having to crouch slightly to get in through the door. The inside was surprisingly large, housing a number of sofa-like seats with dark red cushioning on the far end, placed around a wooden table rooted into the floor at the middle. Cramped but at least dry, Alex concluded, tossing his backpack over to occupy one of the seats and slumping down next to it. No-one else seemed to there yet, so the task of the moment was waiting. The teen groaned, absent-mindedly flicking aside another cluster of hair in front of his face. Waiting...what a drag.

OOC: Okay, so yeah: everybody navigate your way to the ship in your first IC, thank you. Jade will make an entrance a bit...later. For now, it's just assembling, greetings, the usual stuff. :3 Also, there may be personal touches to the letters everyone got, but the instructions are the same for everyone, just thought I'd include that in case someone wants to make use of it. ^-^

Last edited:
    Years
  • "Filth is what you are! You should be ashamed of yourself, Jon-Jon; do you realize that you are the one setting an example in this household?! I want to know what cursed contraption it was that did this to my house, and I want answers NOW!"

There was no way that Johnny could back any more than he already had to that couch he sat against. The fireworks had gone off high, and the only suspect to it all was himself. That did not settle well for his mother, which she frowned upon sternly. It was now apparent that she would like an explanation of sorts as to why there is no wall separating the room of his sister's from his own. Even his sister, Alexandra, had that same frowned look as his mother.

"Well, in all reality, it really wasn't my fault," began Johnny, but he was unsure of where to lead the conversation. It could go downhill very fast with one wrongly stated sentence. "I was busy doing my homework, you know, getting ready for school related things. My friend came over and—and he asked if he could show me something, and I said sure. I left the house, and when we came back, it was completely destroyed. There you have it."

Johnny gave the strongest smile he could, but it was not enough to last the rage that was rising within his mother. "You call that an excuse?! How DARE you! What you've brought to this house was wrong! I should have known—!"

Her arguments went on and on, never changing putting any type of blame towards him. Johnny was worried; very worried. Yet, he could not find the strength to show his mother that he was sorry for something he did not do, but was a part of. He was never going to shout back at his mother; she wasn't always like that. Most of the time, she would be that loving mother figure that moves gracefully and cares of everyone around the house. At the moment though, she was a bleaching bellowing giantess of a demon with a stinger ready to kill, having already strike.

"What do you have left to say?!"

Now Johnny was glad that the conversation had come to this. Most likely, this was the last thing she would say. If played right, he could get out of the house and wash away terrified look he currently played on his face. "I—I sorry—,"

He wanted to say more, but couldn't find the right words. Plus, it might lead to more fighting. Instead of engaging like he wanted to, he stayed put and waited for a response.

His mother sighed; she was now thinking of a punishment for him. Johnny had never faced a punishment by his mother in along time, and he did not remember those times when he was punished by her. He was a little shaky as to what it would be that she would think up.

"You will do all chores; even your sister's," she said.

Well, that wasn't terrifying, but it wasn't something he would have preferred to do. His sister could get a little obnoxious; she was probably waiting for a day when he'd get in trouble enough to mock him, for being the one in the family that was succeeding in a lot of aspects and such.

Dismissed, Johnny left to his room, which had now become his and his sister's without the dividing wall. The bed had never been so inviting in his life. He stayed there for a long while, looking up the ceiling. He had homework to finish; he did not forget that part. Yet, he couldn't do it. The easiest thing he could do now was stare up into nothingness, and spark up ideas that he could not really imagine elsewhere (nor would he want to imagine them elsewhere).

The thought of Nichols came back to mind, and how he had abandoned him when he needed him the most. They were both found outside the house, idiotically standing still. Then Nichols ratted him out, forcing his parents to give him a stern talking. Well, stern meaning his Dad going to the bathroom while his mother blew her head off. Johnny could only imagine that his father had known she would do this, and prepared by hiding much more than urinating.

The window he and Nichols had climbed out of was still open. Johnny clenched his fists, knowing that it was just like Nichols to do what he had done. But this time, he did not want Nichols to get away with it. If anything, he wanted to rat him out.

With these thoughts, Johnny found himself climbing out of his room window again and heading towards the front of the yard. He thought of where Nichols could have gone. Most likely, he would have traveled to the nearby Pokémon Center to stay for a night. He would not confront his father.

That's where Johnny had his advantage. He knew where Nichols's parents lived, and if he could just get there and tell them of what his son had done, then maybe there would be some sort of spark that could get him in so much more trouble…

In his mind, it seemed very childish. He had not told on anyone since he was five years old, and he's never done so since. He considered it a baby action, and made an oath to himself that he would never tell on anyone of his friends. Was he really about to break this oath out of merely hatred? He was reminded of how Nichols would sometimes blast around talking about his Pokémon Journey alone and how many times he's gotten in trouble with much bigger people than Johnny knew even existed…

Would Nichols be able to handle his father? Or mother? Johnny doubted that, and now it seemed even more inviting to do so.

He was passing the front drive of the house when he made it towards the mailbox. At first, he gave it no mind. But then, he saw the papers placed within the opened cap of the box. The mail had arrived.

Taking a detour, Johnny stayed behind to take a look at what had come. Since he was in a lot of things at school, it was more likely that he would get things from it. But today, like a few other days, there was nothing for him from the school. But that did not mean there was no letter meant for him at all.

On a small invitation looking envelope, his name was sprawled. It was very curious; it had no sender and looked to be of that important quality type. Johnny held it in his hands, bringing it closer. Deciding it was not worth just standing there doing nothing, he opened it, and read the invitation (because that was essentially what it was) inside.

How should one react when he is chosen, as is stated on the envelope, to be one of the few to search what has been deemed as a major crisis at the moment? It is hard to explain what is trying to be given across, but a re-read told him that this was inviting him to a place known as Traverse Island. Now, normally, this would not have been any surprising whatsoever, but an island that has been…gone?

This mystified him, and he had to learn more. He flipped the invitation. What was written behind it was written in quick pen ink, and stated that Johnny would be getting 100 hours of community service with this, as well as a full credit.

In school, Johnny was already set. He just needed two months before he could graduate, and he was only a Junior in High School. But how would his resume look with even more hours added? It was a very tempting offer.

Then Nichols had come back to him. He had always told him that he never really had gotten out for anything other than to document. He playfully called him weak.

Well, he was not going to lie. That was what he was; a documentation director. Or, at least a wannabe one. Yet, what if he did take this offer? For one, he'd be taking a large adventure for himself. And then, he would be getting a full credit and 100 extra hours. Yes, he could see it now, being accepted into so many things with everything he had now.

All he needed to do was decide at this point. And if the answer was yes, then he would have to go to his room, pack essentials, as well as the one thing that would make him known; a camera. The first person to document what is left of Traverse Island.

It was a quick decision. He had three days to get to the port at Slateport. He was not far from Slateport; just a little north. He entered his home and silently, headed towards the attic, where he pulled his suitcase. He jammed in many clothes of a variety from his closet. He even thought of taking one of his school uniforms, but doubted he would need it. Yet, if this was important in business wise, it was the best he could have. The school uniforms were very professional looking, and he'd impress many.

He put a pair of his school uniform on his bed, and left the room. The one thing that would be left to do was to convince his parents. But would his mother let him? He did not want to bring it all to his mother; she would probably go somewhere against the idea. Instead, he turned to where his father was, and asked him the question, with the invitation at hand.

"Dad?" Johnny began.

"Yes son?"

His father was on the couch with a clipboard and pen at hand. He looked a little professional, but his job was nothing of it. His father's job was a low paying one working on mechanics of several things. Normally, those jobs would be good paying, but without his certified papers of being an actual mechanic of any sort, he was left to work things out underground (as in, the house sometimes and other times his friend's house).

"The—the school is asking for me to go to something out of town. C—can I go?"

His father rubbed his chin, thinking of what it was that Johnny had just asked of him. "I suppose…what do I have to sign?"

"Oh—nothing really," said Johnny. "All they need is my approval, but I wanted to ask you first, you know?"

Surprisingly, his father took this as truth and just shrugged. "Alright," he said. "Just don't tell your mother; she's probably going to go against it with the wall and house ruined now."

Johnny gave a weak grin. "Yeah, sorry about that. I wish I could do something to help; you know, I think I can—just give me a—,"

"It's alright Johnny," said his father. "I'll take care of it. Just have fun. When do you have to be wherever you need to be? I can give you a ride."

"Nah, it's really close. I can get there on my own."

His father was skeptical for a moment, but then shrugged. "Fine; go have fun."

"Thanks Dad," said Johnny. He gave him a hug, something he never really did many times, and left the room to get back to his old room. Now that everything was all set and done, Johnny just had to wait until the day arrived at when he would have to be at the port.

--

And that didn't take long. Now, he walked in his business looking uniform of a school outfit rolling along a rolling suitcase filled with all of his things he'd need, including a snack and some first-aid kit. He also had a backpack ready with other little weather essentials needed, such as a few ponchos for when it rains and some chap stick.

More information on the uniform was that it was basically a black coat over a white long-sleeved shirt with neat clean slacks, belt, black socks, and shiny black shoes. Of course, in his suitcase, he had some other clothing such as jeans and casual wear. Even a pair of running and climbing shoes.

More or less, Johnny was thinking that nothing could bring him down. He was about to embark on an adventure, and although he was skipping school as it would be called, it was worth it to get some footage of Traverse Island.

Only, he wasn't so sure anymore when he stood in front of what had to be the right coordinates of where the boat would be located at.

Frowning, Johnny looked at the map that was given in a small section of the envelope. It appeared to be the right place, but…it just didn't feel right. Now, Johnny felt as if he was wearing something completely misplaced. Maybe it would have been better had he come as casual as possible, except still looking sharp. He deeply wished that he was not wearing the uniform.

The good thing was that there was no one around, so he might as well get on deck and find a changing room to change into the right clothing. However, if it was the wrong boat, he'd be extremely embarrassed to the max. It appeared to have no one on it from his viewpoint on the land, so it could have been an option of the wrong boat.

Pulling his suitcase behind him and still wearing his backpack, Johnny took his first step onto the boat, awaiting what would come next, the camera on and at hand as he began to document the luxuries of what he was going to be riding in.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • "This is ROBBERY I tell you! Absolute thievery! I work for the Kanto government! I could have you closed for this!" a woman screamed at a hot dog vendor. He stared idly at the woman, giving her a malignant look. The woman's face was beat red and her fist was clenching onto the side of the man's hot dog cart, her knuckles white from the pressure. Her breathing was heavier than normally would of been and her green eyes were fixed on the man, saying I WILL KILL YOU!

"Sorry lady, this is Hoenn. Now if you want that weiner, it'll be five dollahs," he said, with his accent skewering the last word of his sentence. The woman snorted and slammed a five dollar bill on the stand and grabbed her hot dog. She turned defiantly from him so her back was facing him. She took a bite of her hot dog and with her free hand, she reached into the pocket of her blue capris and pulled out an envelope addressed to the Kanto Government. She opened the flap and pulled a piece of blue paper from it. There was writing on the paper which said:

Dearest Officials in the Kanto Government:

I have a specific request I must ask for your assistance in. I am in the need of a special group of people to travel to Traverse Island. I would ask that a representative of your fine Government be present as you are the most respectable of the numerous governments and a member under your jurisdiction will be of the utmost assistance. All I ask is that they not be of a high ranking and if you can, please let them be female. As you know, our island isn't in the most stable of conditions and we could use a woman's touch.

So please have her ready to depart on the S.S. Wavedancer, which will be harbored at Pier 5 between the hours of 8:30 and 9:30 on April 7th.

She is to come alone or they will not be allowed to come to the island. Be prompt!

Your's sincerely,

L.A.

"Well, it was best they left it to me, Juanita Sanchez, for the job. Now, to find this ship mentioned in the letter," Juanita said, as she folded the letter and put it back into its envelope. She slid it back into her pocket and took one final bite of her hot dog. She threw the paper into a nearby garbage can and set off for the piers of Slateport City.

After a few minutes of walking, she arrived upon the piers, and looked for the number five. She walked about a hundred meters further and found the pier she was looking for.

"That's it..." she said, as she spotted the shabby boat with Wavedancer etched on its side. "What I DO for my job." She sighed while shaking her head, and then began to walk down the pier. All she had with her was a small duffle bag with a change of clothes, some water bottles, and an emergency package of food. She took a huge leap from the pier to the deck, landing on with a loud thud. She looked around and saw a half-naked boy standing on the deck.

"OH MY! WHAT IS THIS! A NUDE CRUISE!" Juanita screamed, followed by a blood curdling scream.

Years
  • To say that Johnny was red in the face was an understatement. That was saying a lot there; he hadn't even stripped down to the most privates yet; as a matter of fact, he was pulling up some khakis which were now up the waist, believing that he'd have to look somewhat professional. He quickly buttoned and zipped up the khakis. The only other bare part was his chest, which he had only unbuttoned the school shirt. He had planned to change into some other nice shirt, but at the moment, khakis and a white shirt were good enough. Eventually, he would be able to get to his normal wear, but at the moment, it was not the time.

"It wasn't that bad," said Johnny, but it was hushed a bit. He was still shy that this woman had caught him the way he was. She looked around twenty, but he could not be so sure. "Sorry that I trespassed…I was looking for a boat in particular; I thought this was it." It was amazing that he was even able to say those last lines without stuttering. With the shirt buttoned up and tucked into the khakis, he asked, "Can you tell me where I can get to pier five?"

Considering the circumstances, it may have not been the right question to ask right away. He should have just left, but he had to know where to go if the boat he was on was not the right one. Then, there was also the possibility that the invitation he had gotten hadn't been one at all, but instead, a joke from his classmates trying to make some kind of Senior prank to see how many students actually took the bait and appeared at the harbor…

Farfetched? Maybe. Possible? At his school, it was very possible.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Melissa's felt the heat of the spotlight's bear down on her as she made her way to the piano. She pulled the oak stool out and sat down as delicately as she could in her performance dress. Careful not to look to rushed, she opened her piano book to page 37, The Dance of the Oddish. Why, the name made her heart soar. How cute Oddish were, she made a mental note to capture one someday. Snapping her mind back to the piano, and the crowd, Melissa spoke in her high-pitched, crisp voice.

"This last piece tonight is; The Dance of the Oddish, we hope you enjoyed your evening." The last part seemed forced out. Melissa hated to say the words "hope" and "enjoy" in the same sentence. With a half hearted sigh, she began to play. She needn't look at the book, she knew this one by heart. The letters flowed through her brain, High C, Low F, High D, Low E. As the song progressed, she heard cheers, and even whistling from the crowd. Part of her was flattered by such encouragement, but the other part of her was insulted by such interruptions. After what seemed like heart-beats, the song ended, and the deep crimson curtain enveloped the stage.

Melissa could hear roaring cheering coming from behind the curtain, and even from her fellow piano players coming to congratulate her. Tossing her hair, she raised her hand for an announcement.

"The show is over, and I'd like to give a thank you to Ms. Klisty for teaching you this term, she did a marvelous job. Thank you, Ms Klisty." She heard several cheers for the piano teachers, but even more groans of agitation at Melissa. Melissa discarded them without a thought, and began her way to the changing room.

"She taught you too Melon-face!" Melissa whirled around. The speaker was one of the new piano players this term, a scrawny boy who looked around 14 years old. He wore a lopsided suit that was way to big for him, and glasses that almost fell off his face. Melissa began to strut towards him, doing her best to look intimidating, which was more then difficult in the silky black dress she was wearing.

"Look, boy. You'd best learn your place if you wish to continue to play among us. If you can't, I'd be more then happy to kick you out right here and now." Melissa spoke as harshly as she could, but wasn't sure she had affected him. The boy simply stared at her, a far off look on his face. He absently nodded, and scuttled back to the group of players. Melissa stared after him, wondering how on earth he had wormed his way into such a fine school as this. She decided to dismiss the thought, and headed back for the changing rooms.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Melissa sat in the atrium of her family's grand mansion, feeling utterly bored. After she had finished receiving gifts for her performance, things had slowed down to the point where a snail would move faster. Melissa tapped her foot and looked around the atrium. The atrium was quite spectacular, a giant room with one wall of pure glass, while the rest was white marble. Of course, the room was filled with a varied array of potted plants, all of which looked greener then a plant should. Melissa walked over to one of them, and started to pull of some dieing leaves.

"Ma'am?" Melissa recognized the voice as her butler's, Kris. Melissa pulled off a few more leaves before she rose to her feet and slowly made her way towards the elderly butler.

"What?" To show how impatient she was, Melissa placed a hand on her hip. She wasn't quite sure why she was acting like this, this was a welcomed distraction from...well.. nothing.

"You received an invitation it seems." Kris spoke nervously, as if he was afraid Melissa would slap him. Instead Melissa extended her hand. When nothing was placed in it, she spoke in a quite agitated voice, "Give it to me then!"

Kris scrambled amongst his uniform, and finally extracted a rather boring piece of paper. Melissa snatched it from him, and dismissed him with a wave of her hand. She waited for the butler to leave the atrium, and once she was sure she wouldn't be interrupted, she went over to a couch and began to read the paper, it read:

"Dear Miss Melissa Klarice Queens,

I have recently made a most enticing discovery, one which - I believe - would be of greatest interest to such a talented young individual such as yourself. However, due to certain circumstances beyond my control it would not be prudent for me to come and visit you in person, and truly this discovery is, I believe, something better experienced than described. As such, I have arranged for a modest exhibition seminar, to be held at my residence on Traverse Island.

If you are interested in attending the seminar, kindly board the S/S Wavedancer, moored at pier five of Slateport harbor between 8.30 and 9.30 on the 7th of April. From that point onward, my associate Jade shall look after your well being. Kindly do not bring anyone with you, or more then one piece of luggage or the boat shall not depart. I apologize for these tiresome games, and for not being able to disclose my true identity as of yet, but it is imperative that word of this seminar does not spread to undesired parties.

Sincerely,

L.A.

P.S: Rest assured that you will not need any bodyguards or butlers of any kind, any attempt to bring such could undermine our entire operation."

Melissa stared at the paper. Traverse Island? She had heard something about that in the news. Yes... it had said the island had disappeared. If this offer was genuine, Melissa could be part of something that could make history, not that she wasn't already.

"Slateport? Why on earth did they choose such a dreary place like that. Oh dear... this will be inconvenient," Melissa picked up a bell, which she gave a hearty ring, "Kris! Krissss! KRISSSS!!!!" She set the bell down, and watched with amusement as the butler scrambled into the room, looking as if he might drop dead at any moment.

"Y-y-yes-s-s Ma-m-ma-am-m-m?" He stuttered. Melissa couldn't help but let out a tiny giggle. She loved it when she intimidated her staff.

"Find Gregorio and tell him to prepare the helicopter. We're going to Slateport City first thing in the morning." Melissa commanded, looking at the invitation. "And alert my parents that I won't be attending the formal this year, I'll be away on business." With that, Melissa stood up and began to make her way to her bedroom. She wasn't sure how she could sleep, she felt her entire body shaking with excitement. She was going to Traverse Island!!
    ---------------------------------------

Melissa gazed out of the window of the helicopter and down at the harbor of Slateport city.

"I wonder which boat I'm on..." she muttered absently, "The S/S Wavedancer.... it sounds so majestic!" Melissa let out a squeal of delight. She couldn't help but imagine cruising to the island on a luxury liner, such as most of the ships in the dock. Then again there were several boats which looked less then satisfactory. She shuddered at the thought of actual boarding one.

The helicopter landed smoothly, and Melissa took her overflowing back-pack from Kris. Without any goodbye of any sort, Melissa strutted off towards the dock.

Once Melissa arrived at her destination, she began to stroll down the pier, looking at the increasingly shabby looking ships.

"I wonder if I've taken-" she cut off when she saw it. A shabby boat with the letters, "Wavedancer" scrolled on it rocked at the edge of the pier. Just as she was about to let out a wail of displeasure, a scream erupted from the boat. Now, Melissa usually didn't worry herself about others well-being, but she couldn't help but worry. She took off towards the boat, and raced to where she would board. There she saw a half-naked boy, and women. When she heard the question, she felt agitated.

"Are you blind? This IS pier five you idjit." Melissa flipped her hair over her shoulders, raised her head, and placed her hand on her hip. She'd let these folk know what was coming to them right now.

Years
  • "Oh…"

Johnny retreated to the handrails and rested against them. Well, he did not look so bad at the time, yet he felt he couldn't compare with the other two that had just shown themselves (even though they, like him, were not overdressed).

"Does anybody know what's going on? I mean, this can't really be the Wavedancer or whatever, can it?" Johnny being himself, did not want to accept that this would be it. But, if it all ended here, then he might as well get himself used to the boat. Yet, already he was regretting coming. There were two females, and both looked as if they would frown upon him the next second and remind him of his Mom. It was unnerving. He would have loved to just leave at that time and forget that he had even gotten the letter.

But, the letter was something else. It was something that to him, would lead to a successful life. He was already set to go off. All he had to do was wait off a little while. If there were a huge amount of people coming (which he doubted), then not all of them could be against him…or at least, he hoped.

Johnny picked up his camera and crossed his arms. He did not expect to get an answer from the two. He almost felt as if he did not even want an answer from them.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • The scream knifed the air, disturbing the peaceful back-and-forth motions that had slowly rocked the Wavedancer with gentle rhythm for the past few hours. Even with the volume of the shout not entering considering, the sheer height of the octave to which it soared was enough to cause even the heaviest sleeper of a tribe of Snorlax to leap to its massive feet, shaking the ground and all near it. With this kept in mind, it was easy to understand why it caused Mark to jolt himself to wakefulness as he leaped to his feet, his glasses askew. The contact with the ceiling of the boat's hold, where he had been napping, would have been quite painful had not the hard hat he wore simply glanced off the hard surface, thus deflecting the impact. Nonetheless, it was a rude awakening. Mark groaned. What had the voice said? Something about a "nude cruise"? Was he on the right boat? With a groan, the excavator pulled himself to his shaky legs. He had no actual fear of boats, but he found that his sea legs were hard to come by, and his best bet for a successful trip by sea was to go to sleep until the ride was over. The darkness and enclosed spaces in the hold didn't bother him much- some of the passages in the underground tunnels in Oreburgh's coal mine had been much more cramped, and not half as close to the surface. Moving slowly, like a hibernating Ursaring that had been woken out of season, Mark crawled hand over foot towards the hold's opening.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Mark's eyes fell on the small envelope sitting on his doorstep, beside his usual issue of Rock Collector Monthly. (This month's issue: "Hot New Tips On How to Chip Rocks Away! The Master of the Rock Hammer Speaks Out!") The envelope itself was nothing special, except for three significant things.

First, the lines that marked the letter as addressed to Mark were written in flowery script, the likes of which he hadn't seen outside of horror films. This was alone enough to pique the interest of any sci-fi lover, even moreso with Mark.

Second, and less noticeably, there was no return address.

Third, and most significantly, the stamp on the envelope was of a peculiar type available in only one location: the area now absent from the map, Traverse Island.

Mark's hands shook as he held the envelope. What he had in his hands was undoubtedly connected to the island's mysterious dissapearance, he was sure of it. His palms, without his notice, began to exude sweat, a quality Mark was unaware of, so great was his excitement. Biting his lip to hold back a shout of anticipation, he dug into the fragile envelope in order to reveal its contents in a frenzy of anticipation. Before more then a little time had passed, scraps of paper that had once formed an envelope littered the air and Mark stood staring at his prize.

Dear Master Mark,

I have recently made a most enticing discovery, one which - I believe - would be of greatest interest to such a talented young individual such as yourself. However, due to certain circumstances beyond my control it would not be prudent for me to come and visit you in person, and truly this discovery is, I believe, something better experienced than described. As such, I have arranged for a modest exhibition seminar, to be held at my residence on Traverse Island.

If you are interested in attending the seminar, kindly board the S/S Wavedancer, moored at pier five of Slateport harbor between 8.30 and 9.30 on the 7th of April. From that point onward, my associate Jade shall look after your well being. Kindly do not bring anyone with you, or more then one piece of luggage or the boat shall not depart. I apologize for these tiresome games, and for not being able to disclose my true identity as of yet, but it is imperative that word of this seminar does not spread to undesired parties.

Sincerely,

L.A.

P.S. Tickets for a plane ride to Slateport and a temporary passport are enclosed. Your letter has arrived a few days in advance in order to make up for the amount of time needed to reach a suitable port town in Sinnoh. I suggest that you make your way to the local airport in as little time as possible after receiving this letter, as the flight is scheduled for exactly six hours after your theoretical return time from your camp.

Mark stared at the letter. It was all there: the basics of any "mad scientist"-type plot. Mysterious benefactor on a tiny island with loads of money and an information network of some sort. Creepily neat handwriting. A gold-embossed letter. What more could he want? Curiosity oozed from Mark's skin like sweat. Maybe he had resurrected an army of extinct Pokemon and was planning on building a theme park there. Or maybe he had access to some kind of fossil dig. Or perhaps it was technology from an ancient civilization of some sort, long lost to the general public. Either way, Mark didn't know or care. Then, with a resounding crash, common sense smashed his reverie to shreds. Going out on an expedition to a vanished island right after leaving for camp? His mother would never approve, the same way she had no tolerance for any of his secret aspirations to train Pokemon. While he was just as gung-ho about paleontology and archaeology as he let on in public, he was careful not to let his mother know how much of his interest in those subjects stemmed from a deep-seated subconscious desire to experience the world of Pokemon as a trainer. The study of Pokemon seemed to him to be the most fascinating field outside of the past, especially that of Pokemon now extinct, and it seemed that the only way of getting any of the experience needed to become a proffessional these days was to get off your rear and go train. His mother, however, didn't quite share this view. Mark bit his lip once again. What to do? Risk the wrath of his mother and run out the door, or give up the chance of a lifetime? He stared at the letter. Things like this happened once in a lifetime, perhaps twice if one was lucky. Mark had never been all that lucky. If he gave up this chance now, it was all over.

Suddenly, a grin split Mark's face. He would just leave home, without telling anyone. He'd leave a note or something, but that was it. He was sixteen, after all, and most of his friends had already set of on adventures of their own. He was perfectly capable of making his own decisions. If his parents didn't like the method he chose, well then, tough cookies. With confidence swelling his features, Mark opened the door to the house and furtively checked. Mom and Dad were probably at the museum at this time of day, but it wouldn't hurt to be sure. Satisfied that nobody occupied the building, Mark slipped into the kitchen and grabbed his father's memo pad and a pen. After scrawling a hasty goodbye, Mark slammed the note onto the refrigerator door and beat a hasty retreat, quickly closing the front door and breaking into a run towards the airport. His adventure had begun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Mark's head emerged from the hold of the Wavedancer, his already-messy hair even more rumpled then usually, even what little of it appeared beneath his hard hat. "Do you mind? Some of us are trying to get some rest around here," he snapped, staring at the rest of the passengers. Slowly, he turned, fixing his glasses, and came face to face with a boy slightly younger then him, minus one shirt. A malevolent scowl took hold of Mark's face as he snarled at his unfortunate target. "And who do you think you are, Crasher Wake?"

Years
  • So that was how it was going to be. The saying had always gone with three strikes and you're out. Three people, all grumpy; of course, Johnny now knew that what was to come was not going to be pleasant. His vision of a happy-go-lucky little group traveling to an unknown place and catch some sights was broken, and he was just about ready to leave, wanting nothing more to do with the Wavedancer or Traverse Island.

Yet, even as he reached down gather his belongings, his own camera caught him. Only one word entered his mind; documentary. He knew it; he felt it; he had to be the one who would make that document. So as much as he did not want to be there at the time, he was going to have to bare these people. Was it possible there would be a fourth strike? At this rate highly likely, but it was not going to deter him into leaving.

He picked up the camera, and leaning on hope, began to introduce himself. "My name is John Krinks. Call me Johnny if you like; it doesn't matter. This right here, is my camera. From this point on, I hope none of you mind me filming at random times during our journey. It would make a great documentary, and I hope that this little trip we have here will be better than it is first appearing to be." Still unsure if he said anything correctly, he added, "Who's the captain?"

Good question. Out of everyone that has currently shown up, none looked captain worthy. Yet, they could have not been led there blindly, so Johnny just held on to that and hoped that one of the three would raise their hands and say that they were the captain.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Stray walked slowly down the streets of Slateport city, carefully but casually avoiding anyone taking a morning stroll with their Pokemon. He already had enough to think about without worrying about a new bite becoming infected. Opening his mouth to take a deep breath, the male paused to taste the morning air, appreciating the distinct scent and flavor he found in the breeze whenever he traveled close to the sea. As he resumed his path to the harbor, Stray shouldered his pack, wordlessly noting the stiff feel of folded paper in his pocket that reminded him of the mysterious letter he had received a few days ago. Even more than the fact that the Pidgeotto who delivered the letter to him was well-trained enough to only attempt to remove his finger once before it left, several other aspects of the message interested him. Foremost, the letter was addressed to "Stray"--using the name the youth currently held himself under rather than his birthname. He might be able to understand if someone was attempting Cathal Arascain, due not only to the fact that this name would be found in a legal database, but attributed also to the fact that the Arascain line was somewhat known to people--at least in the lines of work relating to Pokemon. Perhaps not as well known as the family sometimes fancied itself, but heard of by many of the more dedicated Pokemon lovers.

"Still," Stray mused. "For all I know, whoever sent this letter might know my real name anyway. And what was the letter talking about when it said 'someone of my experience'?" He shook his head slightly to clear his mind. It doesn't matter. I don't know what this is about, but I've got nothing better to do than find out. He stifled a sigh. As boring as a seminar sounds.

Stray had not yet reached the letter-designated pier when a scream rang out, echoing against the water to be thrown unmercifully at the eardrums of anyone unfortunate enough to be standing on land. The male covered his ears, glancing at the sign ahead bearing a painted number five. The scream and his destination in one direction. This spoke well for the rest of the trip. Making his way somewhat reluctantly forward, Stray muttered, "Just what have I gotten myself into . . ."

When he arrived at the boat that already seemed too small for the passengers currently aboard it, Stray stood in silence for a long moment, assessing the situation and deciding whether he should continue on or not. No one seemed to be in a good mood, and irritation was likely to only increase as the unexpectedly-small vessel began "dancing on the waves"--which it certainly seemed light enough to do. Finally, trying to keep his groan from being too load, Stray boarded the Wavedancer, half expecting the weight of his backpack to capsize the boat. Fortunately it did not, but that was only so much comfort to him now. Looking from the angry to the unnerved, Stray decided against saying anything and instead made his way to the front of the boat to see if the "Jade" the letter mentioned had arrived yet. Finding the prow empty, Stray turned back as he heard one of the boat's occupants speak. It was a boy of dark brown hair who appeared only about sixteen. Only? Stray considered for a few seconds as the word crossed his mind. My age by now . . . I guess I'm about that old, too. Strange how little I think of it.

Stepping toward Johnny, Stray replied, "According to the letter, we were supposed to meet someone named Jade. I'm guessing that none of you have that name."

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Melissa studied the the comer from the cabin. One thing she noticed right off the bat was the he was taller then her. Come to think of it, all of them were taller then her. She felt incredibly annoyed, why hadn't she worn high heels? In an attempt to maker herself taller, Melissa straightened her back as far as it would go with such a heavy load and pulled a few strands of hair from behind her head. She cast a swift glance in the ocean waters to see if she had a reflection. To her dismay, she didn't. She suppressed a sigh, and turned her attention back towards the two boys.

"Whatever, just make sure you catch me on a good moment if you do film me, which I'm sure you will." Melissa paused dramatically, "You've heard of me no doubt. I'm Melissa Klarice Queens, but you may address me as Melissa. I'm world renowned for my piano playing, but of course you knew that. As for a captain? I have no earthly idea." She cast a disgusted look at the two boys.

With that Melissa clumsily jumped onto the boat, almost tipping over from her heavy backpack, and stood next to the boy Johnny. Still taller then me... Melissa was beginning to feel annoyed. She hadn't realized she was so short. Well, she'd realized she was short, but she'd never been beside people her age to compare to, only adults. She'd always assumed she was average height for her age, and hadn't given it a second thought.

By this time Melissa's backpack was seriously starting to hurt. She looked her fellow travelers over. Both of the boys didn't look scrawny, but they weren't exactly Hercules. She let out a discontented sigh, it was so hard to come across good help these days. Melissa decided on the boy with the camera, he seemed more likely to cooperate.

Just when Melissa was about to hand Johnny her backpack, another male came aboard. What is this, land of the men? Melissa attempted to cast him a disgusted look before he made it past them, but wasn't sure he had seen her, feeling more annoyed then ever Melissa turned back to Johnny.

"Take this and set it down in the cabin, I want to take a nap. I had a long helicopter flight here." Melissa ordered, attempting to shove her backpack into his body, with or without his willingness.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    OOC: I've edited, well added, an extra line or two to Plum's personality, to give her some vulnerability, instead of being a stuck up nut job all the time. Oh, and I would've included a back-story of how she got there, but you guys post way too fast, angh... X3

IC: The unusual and rather modern device immediately caught her attention. It was something she had learnt to be known as a 'camera'; a revolutionary invention that allows the owner to record everything and everyone around him. Having only heard about such a device, seeing one in real life was almost too overwhelming for the teenage girl, who still had a lot to learn about the real world.

It was sleek and portable, and sat neatly in the boy's hands. She had admittedly, become very curious in its functioning and abilities, but her attention was short served when a sudden confrontation, broke out surrounding its wielder.

With such a short attention span, she pushed all thoughts of discovering the wondrous technology of the camera aside, and prepared to intercept the ambush, her combat instincts immediately taking over.

Knowing that her Getas would cause more noise than preferred, sneaking up on the two females had become impossible, which was all but fine with her. She preferred to get hands on and dirty, it was the only real way to fight satisfactorily. Her honour was bound by her village's code of ethics, so assessing the situation was always the top priority, and because of her respect for such a code, she followed it accordingly and to the 'T'. But of course, that never meant she did everything she could to not follow it, and often made excuses to break the rulings, which still in respect, allowed her to 'assess' the situation in her own way.

Just as she prepared to pounce, the teen was halted once again by another intrusion. A fifth individual had entered the scene, but seemed unwilling to join the confrontation, and boarded the vessel behind the group.

Idiots! Where are all these damn people coming from?! They're all getting in my way.

Her thoughts whirled in her mind as she struggled to remain in her place and from jumping straight into the scene. It was bothersome, but despite her personal objections, she knew the code was absolute, and dishonour meant she would be forced to…well, being dishonoured was bad enough, what she had to do afterwards was a bit more…sticky.

Pressing her body against the shade of another boat from across the same dock, she watched the situation unfold, both hands prepped against the sword at her side. To her surprise, the scream she had heard earlier that had initiated the confrontation, quickly died down and everything became abnormally calm. One of the two females who had surrounded the camera-wearing boy had now dispersed and boarded the ship. How the situation resolved was anyone's guess, but to the sword-bearing teen who had watched from the distance, it was a disgrace of a conclusion. No one had even so much as kicked anyone else, the lowest form of physical contact in initiating a fight. She was disappointed, and quite pissed, as she had been building herself up for a great battle, but found out she was too late to the fight.

What a bunch of wimps… she scoffed, as she began to make her way towards the boat where the group had assembled. But at least now I won't have to beat out the answers I want from them…ugh, that sucks!

The answers that she desired affected her more personally than she had ever anticipated. To find out what had happened, she was forced to leave her village and follow the ominous instructions of the enveloped invitation. As a unique gesture of resentment towards the anonymous sender of such an invitation, after withdrawing all of the letter's information, she devoured it and spat out whatever remained of its…remains. No one threatens her and her family who she and never met, so she was coming out to deal with the matter personally, and physically.

Striding up to the small boat adorned in letters inscribing the title; 'Wavedancer', the teen-aged amateur samurai, cocked a glance towards the few passengers on board, and flashed them a dangerous smile. They were all in their teenage years, some younger than others and some a lot more attractive (in her own sense of attraction) than the rest. The camera-wielding boy stood out the most in her mind, solely due to her growing fascination in modern technology. She also found the state of the boat to be of a high standard, knowing little more than a dingy as her village's top mode of water transportation. It was exciting, and all other thoughts of previous events were again pushed aside as she took in her new environment and companions.

With a now brighter smile, the scantily dressed teen, gave the ship's new inhabitants another wave before introducing herself (sort of); "Hey! Are you guys all here to save your families from being held hostage as well?"

Years
  • There was so little time to react; the bag was thrust into Johnny. He had not expected such an action, and as such, dropped his camera. A Third and fourth thing that had him not concentrating on the thrust bag was the entrance of a new person on the boat, and then another, which was dressed in a very distracting way anyway. He nearly fell overboard had he not caught his footing, for both, the new person and the thrust bag, but even if he had fallen, what was more important to him now was his camera. A bit shocked at what she had done and the weight of the bag, he bent down and picked up his camera, looking to see if anything had broken. He turned it on. It was still working; that was good.

Had the teen who had thrust the bag right onto him been a guy, he would have given a stern and mean reaction. But, as the fact remained that this was a girl he was looking at, he did nothing. All that happened was his right eye twitching for a second towards her. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind. Even though he wanted so much to thrust the bag back at her, he was not going to do it. He wasn't raised that way, and now he desperately wished he was raised to deal with these types of situations.

He wasn't so sure that there was a remaining plus side either. Someone else had just boarded. By the looks of it, and Johnny did not want to sound rude, but it appeared that this person was also not like someone he would have had in mind to be traveling on the boat. Meaning, not nice. What luck; he was left to be the only oddball of the group. Oh how the sparks would fly.

Giving a weak smile to the strange greetings of a new person, he put his camera in his backpack, swung it around him, and picked up his suitcase. The last was the girl's backpack, which he grumbled and added an extra twitch as he made his way down to the cabins. Down there, he didn't even bother on the nice guy routine with the back. He tossed it into the cabin room hearing something break, unsure if it was within the backpack or something that it had hit, then placed his own stuff at the far end cabin.

He sat, and thought about the journey for a bit. How long would it take before this Jade person would arrive? He hoped it wouldn't take very long, and if he arrived soon enough, he hoped he was nothing like the people he was going with. If that was the way Jade rolled, that Johnny was afraid that he was going to have to shoot himself.

He grabbed his camera and looked it over again, turning it on. It sure did have a lot of remaining battery power left. It was about time that he starts the documentation. He placed it beside his bedside (if you can call it that) and began to film.

"Has there ever been a question in the world that you just had to answer?" He asked, looking straight at the camera. Now he deeply wished that he had taken out his tripod to steady the camera to somewhere at level with his eyesight, but where it was would have to do. "Sure, there are many questions out there, and there are many answers. But on a certain cold day in January, an island disappeared without a trace. I am of course speaking of the Traverse Island Crisis. For two months, there have been no answers, and citizens of all regions have been left puzzled.

"But fear not, as the answer will come in the near future. My name if John Krinks, and I am documenting the Traverse Island Crisis, as it happens. Along the way, I will have fellow passengers to figure out the truth. I will be interviewing each of them for their bits of knowledge in the near future. For now, the Traverse Island Crisis remains a mystery. But, it's like I said. For now."

Johnny stopped filming and turned off the camera. It may have been a shaky start to a documentary, but it was a good one. He just hoped that his fellow passengers would want to be interviewed.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Are all these people insane? Preoccupied with his own thoughts, Stray found no answer say to anything anyone had said or done--least of all the newest arrival's question about rescuing hostages. Rather, the traveler stood in silence, not bothering to keep the incredulous and slightly critical expression off his face. He saw no real reason to. After all, here he was by invitation from some mystery benefactor who did not even bother to name himself or his specific purpose, on a boat scheduled to bring him to an island that had recently been cut off from the rest world for who knows what reason; and as soon as he boarded the vessel, he found himself facing a kid intent on making a documentary--video footage and all, some guy who looked like he would fit in better at a desert excavation site than on the open sea, a self-absorbed rich girl who was apparently a professional piano player, a lady with about as much lung power as a full-grown Golbat, and now this far-from-traditionally-dressed samurai? Though he was not sure why, Stray fought the urge to throw himself overboard.

This just keeps getting better and better . . . What type of seminar is our host planning, anyway? By now, I doubt I'd be surprised if the next member of this dysfunctional group was a walking potato. As he ran his hand through his bangs, Stray felt the cord from his mask, as well as the scar that cut across his face. Then again, I'm not exactly normal either. The incredulity on his features increased. But that just makes me wonder about our host even more. As he sighed, the tension eased out of Stray's features, and his expression became one akin to a tolerant type of passiveness.

Moving his bag into a more comfortable position on his back, Stray approached the boat's single cabin, glancing inside to see if there was anyone aboard he had not yet seen, and also deciding whether or not he should bother trying to fit inside the quickly-filling room. Two notes of interest came to Stray's mind. First, the room was larger than he had expected it to be. Second, the boat had another occupant. This occupant's bold hair colour (Stray mentally debated on the question of whether or not the shade was natural) and wild hairstyle, plus the gold earring he wore, already seemed to indicate that this person would be quite a character. In this crowd, however, anything less might have made him mind-bendingly bizarre--or at least painfully out of place.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Damn, do I hate time zone differences. Random_Fan, you're banned for being too damn active! >O

I kid, of course. Now to find away to get back into the game...

Ah, perfect. >D

Attention, roleplayers! Your captain shall arrive once Nigma and chomp have been given a chance to have their characters board the ship, until then sit tight and don't feed the rabid redhead, thank you. :3

IC:

Alex's boredom, it seemed, didn't last long. Soon after he arrived, a loud, feminine scream immediately caught his attention, and the message was intriguing. 'Nude cruise'? A grin spread across the male's face; the letter hadn't said anything about that, but if the woman in possession of that voice was anything to look at this little cruise was already looking up. Just as the boy was about to climb up and announce his participation, however; a small cacophony of voices, a disappointing majority of which were male, erupted on deck, including another - and far less interesting - scream, this one from a guy. There were people on deck, the ladies and three guys, unless he had lost count. Well, Alex concluded, he supposed it could be worse. Now to go up on deck and make a good first impression. So there were other guys, big deal. He a ran a hand through his crimson locks once again. Obviously none of them could be any serious competition for him.

Just as Alex was planning a cool opening line, however; the door suddenly burst open, and before he could do as much as open his mouth a backpack came flying straight towards him, narrowly missing the boy and instead slamming against the wall which had been behind his head a moment ago with a loud crash.

"Hey! What's the big idea?!" Alex demanded furiously, striding towards the person responsible who seemed to be completely ignoring him in favor of a digital camera in his hands. Needless to say, the redhead was in no mood for this type of behavior.

"Hey, I'm talking to you, weirdo!" he snapped, grabbing camera-boy by the shoulder and yanking it so that the two ended up face-to-face. Alex fancied himself quite the imposing figure with his wild, crimson hair and green eyes after all, so a staredown was his chance to shine, "Watch where you throw your damn backpack; you almost broke my nose with that." the boy relinquished his grip in what he hoped was a suitably cool manner, "So anyway, I take it that you're here for the mystery cruise too?" he added in an attempt to steer the situation into conversation, "Any sign of this 'Jade' character out there?"

Last edited:

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
  • OCC: Hey damn! I thought you wanna start this at 13:00 gmt! -_-# Well, now let´s see if i can get in... @Random! You are too fast! ^^

IC:
    It was a day like all the other days in the year. The Pokémon center wasn´t that much full because many trainer just started and the leagues were over since a couple of weeks. Of course Su always had to do something, but most of the time she was in the pokecenter she talked to Nurse Joy about boys, Pokémon and trainers. It was the most common thing to Su to talk to the Nurse like a best friend, since she was most of her work time in the pokecenter and stuff. Sometimes it was difficult for Su to take the difference between the Nurses from the different poke centers. But it was OK at all. She had been transferred to Slateport harbors pokecenter for now a week and it wasn´t much to do here.

I am happy enough that I can travel to every pokecenter I want to. She thought with a grin on her face. Su´s looked at the mirror in the pokecenter hall and looked at herself, the red long hair in a very strange hedgehog style down she looked more like a rock star than a poke nurse. "What are you thinking Su?" a female well known voice asked behind Su. "What I am thinking? Uhm, I just thought that´s not much to do here. You know, it´s just the start for the new trainer in the hole country, and it will take a while until they get here." Su answered a bit bored. Joy had to laugh. "I see what you mean. Well, if you want to do something else you can do whatever you want. I don´t need your help now you spotted by yourself." "What do you mean Joy?" Su asked wondering. She turned around to face the Nurse. Joy was smiling, but also had a bored expression on her face. "What I mean? Hmm… let´s see… the trainers will get here in, I would say, 3 or 4 weeks. Until then you can have some vacation, how does that sound?"

"Sound pretty good to me!" Su nearly screamed. "Ah, before I forget it, you have received a letter from an unknown person, but I think it looks kind of serious." Joy said and gave Su the envelope. Su looked at the envelope and opened it. She felled very expensive paper and smelled royal ink. "Huh, let´s see…"

-------​

Dear Nurse Susan Shera Suman ,

Sincerely,

L.A.

P.S. Please bring everything needed for Pokémon care taking and healing equipment by yourself. Your medical knowledge about Pokémon and human is from big importance.

-------​

"A journey huh?" Su asked herself out loud. "Well for me it sounds like you have to do a lot of work on this island. I heard in the news that every support to the island had break down. Perhaps they need assistance in the medical stuff you know?" Joy said with a serious expression on her face.

"I get it, It´s just another transfer note eh? Now it´s not the government, now it´s some private company needing medical attention…" Su joked. "Well I think you won´t get bored along this trip. I´ll help you with packing everything you will need." Joy added with a soft smile on her lips. Of course both got everything needed very quick because of the not needed medical stuff right now, and the fact that the ship was waiting nearby they had a lot of fun packing all around. After they made everything needed Su had silver/white hair again. She had black leather clothes and her backpack with everything needed for the trip. "Heh rock lady… just look out and don´t do anything dangerous." Joy said as they said goodbye. Su looked back and laughed. "Yes Ma´m! See you in a couple of weeks…"

About an hour later she arrived at letters given address, if you can call it that. "The S/S Wavedancer…" she muttered to herself, looking at this little ferry. She become aware that other persons were already on the ship. At first she heard a female scream and then much persons on board. Snoopy as she was she couldn´t do anything else but to look on board. Oh boy, a hysterical lady, one lady killer, a dizzy guy and a spiritless boy on a ship... and now i come to join them, marvelously!

Su jumped on board. "Hey you all! Let off that boy!" she shouted. "I don´t know who you are or what you want, but stop mocking him..." She went to the boy with the camera and set off her sunglasses, fixing him with her yellow eyes. "You are alright?" Perhaps she shouldn´t have get into this situation like this, but she couldn´t have such people. It just did remind her of her past.

"So people, what do you think if we all settle down a bit..."

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • As the crisp morning slowly trundled onwards; a young man walked briskly towards the docks at Slateport. He grumbled as he stepped, ranting on and on with a large self-sympathising rant about how bad the bus service was, and about how much he hated his darn sister. He didn't know why, but it was all her fault that he had overslept and missed the last direct train; he reckoned that she had somehow deliberately turned his alarm clock off yesterday. Because of this (whoever's fault it was) Johan had been forced to travel around half the damn region, and he was late. Once in a lifetime opportunity to go to the newly reclusive Traverse Island and see something groundbreaking and he was late. As Joe neared pier three he caught sight of the Wavedancer.

"No." He came to a despairing halt, hands slowly moving to his temples, "you are having a laugh!" All the trouble he had gone to, hopping on and off trains for near a whole day, not to mention having to walk some insane distance to get to the docks and this was the SS Wavedancer? It was rubbish! A shoddy little motor boat with a little cabin on the front of it… the least Johan had expected would have been a luxury yacht of some description, not this glorified tug boat. He started off again, moaning with renewed vigour. Past pier four; a modern looking trawler sat smartly in the water there, and a man in dungarees sat on the deck looking proud of himself. He waved to the boy friendlily as he past, and Johan smiled weakly back at him.

"Hey you all! Let off that boy!" A woman cried as he skulked around the back of the boat, stopping at the edge of the pier. Johan's heart sank as he surveyed the people who were also attending this 'seminar'; he couldn't even think of a fitting euphemism to describe such a group of strange and probably unique individuals. He tried his hardest not to draw any attention to himself as he slinked on board; he needn't have though as most everyone's attention was focused on 'that boy': a curious man who carried a modern looking camera. Johan ducked silently into the cabin, a darkened room filled with everyone's bags. He tossed his own carelessly onto one of the seats before resurfacing.

"So people, what do you think if we all settle down a bit..." The same woman as before was talking. Johan decided that now probably was the best time to introduce himself, lest he stay silent too long and appear unsociable to these people who, like it or not, were his peers.

"Hello!" He said cheerfully, waving his hand at everyone gathered there. "SS Wavedancer… Traverse Island thing… am I on the right boat?" He smiled gently, eyes darting from person to person beneath his sunglasses. He had already picked out a few of them as people he did not want to be on the wrong side of: the scary looking one with the mask and the girl with the sword (simply because she had a sword). He hauled himself completely out of the cabin and onto the deck; adjusting his glasses with one hand while the other searched for refuge in one of his pockets. This seminar better be really really good he thought to himself as the little vessel bobbed up and down gently in the waters of pier five.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • OOC: Oh my...

IC:

Juanita stood amazed as several people joined her on the ship. They expect ALL of these people to travel on this tiny little boat!? She ran her manicured fingers through her black locks and sighed. She couldn't believe what she puts herself through for her job. Juanita leaned on a nearby railing and surveyed the crowd. Then, she noticed a familiar face in the crowd!

"Melissa Queens! World famous pianist! What on Kyogre's Blue Back are you doing in a place like this!?" Juanita yelled, running over to the famous performer. She couldn't believe someone her stature was here, on this boat, going to some strange island. Speaking of her stature, Juanita also noticed how short she was. Always looked taller on stage... "I've been to several of your concerts and your skill with the piano is astounding. I must say I'm quite than fan of your's." I guess this trip was worth it in the end. She actually got to meet Melissa Queens in person. Juanita smiled graciously.

OOC: Sorry it's so short. Not much I can do right now and I have to go to World History from 1715 and Academic Writing. Joy. I just wanted to post before I got too far behind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back