• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Amethyst - Kazun Region!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Pokemon Amethyst - Kazun Region!

Introduction

This is Pokemon Amethyst - Kazun Region. A recreation of an older comic I made but never posted because I personally didn't like the style of it. Now, I am bringing it back as Amethyst - Kazun Region, the Kazun Region is a top secret project that a friend and I are working on and you all might see what sort of project it is soon. (No this is not the project.)

Plot

The whole comic is set in a region called Kazun, a tropical region that was recently (in the past 100 years) found. Along with other regions it has made technological changes but three small villages have decided to keep things the way it was before settlers came. Rainwater Village is where our hero and his rival live, both of them have only lived in this region for the past five years and both of them own the only two farms in the village. They have computers, T.V's and other technological items and the Head of the Village doesn't care as along as they keep it to themselves. The only points of interest in their small little village is their farms, the cliffs, and the Research Labs.

Characters

Hunter - The hero of our little comic, he was born in Johto and has lived most of his life there. He moved to Kazun when he was nine years old and has been living here since, his best friend who is also his rival moved to Kazun a few months before Hunter and his Mother did. Hunter's Father is Eric the Gym Leader of Violet City and his Mother is one of the Nurse Joy's of Kazun.

Nick - The best friend and rival of our hero; Hunter. He moved to Kazun only four months before Hunter and knew the village better than him too. Nick is a sucker for fire types and ghost types, he is traveling around Kazun to become Champion so he can then become an understudy of the Fire or Ghost Gym Leader of Kazun. He currently lives with his Father and his Mother lives somewhere else as the Ghost Gym Leader.

Season One: From Rainwater to Azork Ruins!

Episode One: Ready? GO!
    Episode Two: Good-bye...?

Credit

KyleDove - Buildings, Pokemon Overworlds
    Spriter's Resource - Pieces of the maps, text boxes, etc.
    Others - Signomi and BlueGuy for their comics that inspired me to make my own.

Extras

Sometimes I will post extras which will be things like maps of the villages, towns, cities, etc. or other things like fan made stuff, fan mail comics, etc. YOU NEED MY PERMISSION TO USE MAPS/ETC. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SURE YOU ARE BANNED FROM WHERE EVER YOU ARE USING MY STUFF!

Rainwater Village

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Nice, the maps are excellent. The whole thing seems like you have it under control. I really like how it's going so far. Keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Argh. I just started on the second area; Black Rain Forest. Forests, woods, etc. are hard to make D=

Comic 2 might be up today or tomorrow. Regular schedule after comic 5 will be Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
  • Like Jake said, it looks good, and is good for a newbie (Am I correct in guessing this is one of your first comics?).

Everything is clean, the maps are good, the plot seems undeveloped (Cause you only have one comic out so far :)), and my only nitpick is your main character sprite. It is an impressive recolour, but still a recolour. In the future, I recommended changing his hair a little, just to give it some originality. :D

Otherwise, I will watch this space.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Yeah. A recolor of Avatar's Wally... >->

No, this is not my first comic. This is probably my 50th? All the others were crappy failed attempts.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Double posteh.

Episode Two: Good-bye...? is up now. We join Hunter as he tries (but fails) to say good-bye to his mother, a Nurse Joy of Kazun who loves using her Abra for her 'Mother Teleportation' technique that she uses whenever she gets a chance...

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Can't really make it out. Photobucket is not a good choice for uploading comics. Tinypic and Imageshack do best.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Did ya try zooming in on the picture? I find photobucket the best because there are no advertisements and other distractions on the page.

Back